Author Topic: Newbie Day #3 finally gonna beat this Habit!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie Day #3 finally gonna beat this Habit!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Wesgraham
Today is day 1 and I am very glad to be in this site. I have been trying to quit for years. I thought it would be easy but I was obviously mistaken. I want to quit for me even though I know my wife will love it as well. I also want to be around to see my children. I'm tired of sitting next to my 15 year old and wondering if he sees me spitting or going to the movies and acting like some criminal as I sneak a dip to my mouth hoping he can't smell it. It's odd but I don't chew at all when my 18 year old daughter is around me. As far as the wife I have blocked out all she has said about me chewing and now I am ready to quit. So here I am gonna quit this dam addiction that has me spending my hard earned money everyday.
Wes...if you commit to this it will be the single most important and gratifying decision of your life. First off, start a new introduction thread with your background so you have a place to chart and journal as well as other BAQ's can post support.

Next, get on over to the April 16 astrogliders and post your day 1 promise...but you must be nicotine free!! From your post I can't tell if you have dumped the shit or "thinking" about it. Well, lemme tell ya, DUMP IT. Period. We will be with you every step of the way.

Offline Wesgraham

• Quit Date: 2016-01-14
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
Today is day 1 and I am very glad to be in this site. I have been trying to quit for years. I thought it would be easy but I was obviously mistaken. I want to quit for me even though I know my wife will love it as well. I also want to be around to see my children. I'm tired of sitting next to my 15 year old and wondering if he sees me spitting or going to the movies and acting like some criminal as I sneak a dip to my mouth hoping he can't smell it. It's odd but I don't chew at all when my 18 year old daughter is around me. As far as the wife I have blocked out all she has said about me chewing and now I am ready to quit. So here I am gonna quit this dam addiction that has me spending my hard earned money everyday.

Offline Lip turd

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-02
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »
Welcome, I also had a twenty year addiction. I'm only 13 days quit and I've not felt this good since I was a teenager. Good luck with your quit and feel free to pm me

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 03:13:00 PM »
Quote from: S.Wells
So glad I found this site. Been a dipper for 22 years. I'm on day #3 right now. I've tried to quit several times but always cheated and ended up going back to dipping. Heck I even hid it successfully without the better half catching me for almost a year.

Enough is enough I'm finally gonna do it this time!
I'm with ya...dipper for 22 years mysefl. Come join us and quit with us today!
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: flashman
So glad I found this site. Been a dipper for 22 years. I'm on day #3 right now. I've tried to quit several times but always cheated and ended up going back to dipping. Heck I even hid it successfully without the better half catching me for almost a year.

Welcome to the best decision of your life. Just remember, this is not a habit, but an addiction. Focus on the day only and you can do this. I did after 32 years.
What he said, it's an addiction that can never be cured............but it can be controlled if you are determined enough. Learn to post roll and get to quitting......
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline CW55

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-01-11
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2016, 01:13:00 PM »
Welcome!

I am also on Day 3. We will make it through, one day at a time!
And maybe remind the few
if ill of us they speak...
That we are all that stands,
between the monsters and the weak

Offline southgafarmer

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-31
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
Wells, come on over to the April 16 Quit Group and join in the madness. Posting roll with us every day will help tremendously in ensuring your success.

We don't bite...hard. 'na na' 'Crazy'

Quit on brother!
"The key is that daily promise. Once it is made, there isn't a trigger big enough to cause me to cave. Provided you are all men of your word, you too will find freedom from this vile shit."-Rkymtnman

"Quitting isn't about what you have accomplished. It's what you are doing right now."-wastepanel HOL

Offline 13usted

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-12-31
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 09:29:00 AM »

Welcome quitter. You will quit if you want to be quit. The nicotine is almost out of your system now, pretty soon it will be just a head game. I dipped for 26 years and now I'm a few days ahead of you on the quit so, if you have questions, need advice, just PM or email me. Quit on!
I maybe 8 years short of a medical degree, but I can still tell you this shit is no good for you.

Offline gungaro

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »

Welcome. Congrats on quitting.

Offline flash

• Proverbs 1:7
  • Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fools despise wisdom and instruction.
  • Quit Date: June 17, 2009
  • Interests: All sports, reading, movies, music. I like poetry, taking long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 06:17:00 AM »

Welcome to the best decision of your life. Just remember, this is not a habit, but an addiction. Focus on the day only and you can do this. I did after 32 years.
"The second you stop and believe your own hype, you've lost."
   - Mark Owen, Navy Seal & Author: No Easy Day

Offline S.Wells

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, Hunting, Archery, Sports
Newbie Day #3 finally gonna beat this Habit!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 05:44:00 AM »

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: My real Introduction
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 10:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I have a thousand reasons to quit just like everyone else that is hopelessly addicted. But I'm quitting for myself because I love myself and I know what I'm worth and I am worth a hell of a lot more than a slow horrible Nicotine filled Cancerous death.
THIS^^^^ is the essence of quitting, in my opinion. It took me so long to truly understand it and live it. There is only ONE reason to quit and that is for yourself, and you do it because you love yourself, as you so eloquently stated. All of those "reasons" ...whomever or whatever they are, will benefit from you being quit. Your kids, family, friends...all benefit by you being quit, but it all starts with doing it for you.

Just wanted to call this out ...shocked me a bit to see someone one week in, nail it like this. Steve, I'm with you brother and happy to quit with you. Lets do this.
Thanks brother, some very kind words. This has been a long time coming. Finally I have found the support group that not only do I need but also understands the struggle. I don't believe I'd have made it to day 8 without my brothers here!
Nice job posting roll. Your commitment to your quit comes through your words. Good job. Keep up the good work.

Offline S.Wells

• Quitter
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, Hunting, Archery, Sports
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 04:09:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I have a thousand reasons to quit just like everyone else that is hopelessly addicted. But I'm quitting for myself because I love myself and I know what I'm worth and I am worth a hell of a lot more than a slow horrible Nicotine filled Cancerous death.
THIS^^^^ is the essence of quitting, in my opinion. It took me so long to truly understand it and live it. There is only ONE reason to quit and that is for yourself, and you do it because you love yourself, as you so eloquently stated. All of those "reasons" ...whomever or whatever they are, will benefit from you being quit. Your kids, family, friends...all benefit by you being quit, but it all starts with doing it for you.

Just wanted to call this out ...shocked me a bit to see someone one week in, nail it like this. Steve, I'm with you brother and happy to quit with you. Lets do this.
Thanks brother, some very kind words. This has been a long time coming. Finally I have found the support group that not only do I need but also understands the struggle. I don't believe I'd have made it to day 8 without my brothers here!
Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place, and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 12:42:00 PM »

Certified Grade A Badass

Offline danojeno

• Quit Date March 2, 2015
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 06:22:00 PM »
Thanks for sharing your story Steve. It's amazing how engrained into out lives tobacco became. Glad to see you posting roll and kicking ass. I work nights about half the time and would be honored to swap digits with you. Make sure to keep us updated on your progress.