Author Topic: Today I Made a Promise  (Read 1051 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Today I Made a Promise
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 03:53:00 PM »
All the help you can want is waiting for you on the forum and welcome center. Read as much as you can. I quit with you today.

Offline Matt F

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Hey Isom saw your roll post today. Try Cranberry juice, 2 large glasses two to three times a day. Cut that amount back if you have sugar problems, but one of the other KTC members recommended that to me and for some reason it helps the withdrawal and keeps you hydrated. If you don't like that you should find a lot of suggestions for getting through the first week. You should be through the worst of it at day 5. If you get sick, see a doc and keep up the strong quit.

Offline Mcbeevee

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Isom, the beauty of this site is that you are "not" the only one that will have suffered during your Quit. We are all addicts and are able to share the experiences and benefits of breaking the nicotine habit with each other every day!
Make roll call every day with your promose to Quit!
Honor that promise to us with your word!
Be the example to us and others that you are man enough to own your Quit!
Quit today all day long!!!

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Quote from: KC_Guy
Quote from: Isom
Quote from: jake
Quote from: Leahy16
Hi, I'm Isom.  I have no idea how to use these boards, can't figure out the posting roll or quite how the forum works but I'm here, I quit yesterday and I'm not going back because I made a promise. 
I got sick a week ago and went to the Dr.  He found a spot on my gums.  I'm 35, I have a beautiful wife and three small children.  I won't find out any results for 7-10 days, but I handed my wife my can, looked in her eyes and said "Never again, I promise." I can't help but think about how selfish I've been and the guilt is overwhelming when I look at these three wonderful children and ask myself "what have I done?"
Well, that's me, and my selfish story.  God willing I will be the only one who has to suffer as I go through withdrawls and such but I figure I deserve that. 

Isom
Make that same promise every day and then keep it. That's the way we do it around here.

It's gonna hurt a bit but you'll survive like the rest of us.

Stay quit.
One day at a time bro. Hit up the welcome center link above. You can learn how to post roll there. You are making a damn fine decision in quitting the poison. I quit with you today.
I can see "how" to post roll now I just can't find a roll to post on. My apologies, for being slow. :wacko:
Welcome to KTC bro. A lot of us have been where you are now! Scared that we went too far. Scared that we have crossed the line and killed ourselves and ruined the happiness of our family for the pleasure of a weed. A weed that brought us nothing but misery and self hate! The good news... The moment you threw away the can of chew, You gained your freedom! YOU control whether this weed enters your body again! I hope that you find out that the spot on your gums is not cancer, but if it is not, It is NOT an excuse to go back to chew. It Is a second chance to regain your freedom and dignity! You have made the best decision of your life and we are here to support you! Post roll and we are here for you! You can do this! Thousands of men have paved the way and left tips for us! Pm me if you need any help. I got your back!
Thanks for the support. I think I figured out posting roll, hopefully I did it correctly. I posted in the Nov Pre HOF class. Ankhs again.
Looking great bro. Saw your roll post. Smells like quit in this piece. Hollllaaaa.
Dude, Welcome to the ride of your life! You can "be quit" for good....ODAAT just like all of us here.
Follow the advice given..to the letter...don't think there is a "shortcut" to being quit. This koolaid works wonders and I wouldn't drink anything else...
I am on my first and last quit of 433 days after dipping for 30 yrs 24/7.....Thanks to KTC and the brotherhood.
You found the place now learn the tools...your life depends on it, ya know.
Wait to long and you may regret it.
1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.
Cheers and Welcome to the real world.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Isom.  I have no idea how to use these boards, can't figure out the posting roll or quite how the forum works but I'm here, I quit yesterday and I'm not going back because I made a promise. 
I got sick a week ago and went to the Dr.  He found a spot on my gums.  I'm 35, I have a beautiful wife and three small children.  I won't find out any results for 7-10 days, but I handed my wife my can, looked in her eyes and said "Never again, I promise." I can't help but think about how selfish I've been and the guilt is overwhelming when I look at these three wonderful children and ask myself "what have I done?"
Well, that's me, and my selfish story.  God willing I will be the only one who has to suffer as I go through withdrawls and such but I figure I deserve that. 

Isom
Make that same promise every day and then keep it. That's the way we do it around here.

Stay quit.
One day at a time bro. Hit up the welcome center link above. You can learn how to post roll there. You are making a damn fine decision in quitting the poison. I quit with you today.
I can see "how" to post roll now I just can't find a roll to post on. My apologies, for being slow. :wacko:
Welcome to KTC bro. A lot of us have been where you are now! Scared that we went too far. Scared that we have crossed the line and killed ourselves and ruined the happiness of our family for the pleasure of a weed. A weed that brought us nothing but misery and self hate! The good news... The moment you threw away the can of chew, You gained your freedom! YOU control whether this weed enters your body again! I hope that you find out that the spot on your gums is not cancer, but if it is not, It is NOT an excuse to go back to chew. It Is a second chance to regain your freedom and dignity! You have made the best decision of your life and we are here to support you! Post roll and we are here for you! You can do this! Thousands of men have paved the way and left tips for us! Pm me if you need any help. I got your back!
Thanks for the support. I think I figured out posting roll, hopefully I did it correctly. I posted in the Nov Pre HOF class. Ankhs again.
Looking great bro. Saw your roll post. Smells like quit in this piece. Hollllaaaa.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Isom

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 10:48:00 PM »

Isom

Stay quit.

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »

Isom

Stay quit.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

Isom

Stay quit.
Click on community, then quit groups. Then scroll down to pre hof November. Let me know if you need anything. Quit on brother.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline CMVSteved

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »
Your on the same roll as me November :)

Offline Isom

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 10:30:00 PM »

Isom

Stay quit.

Offline KC_Guy

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »

Isom

Stay quit.
Quit Date 05/20/2013

HOF 08/27/13
2nd Floor 12/5/13
3rd Floor 3/15/14
4th Floor 6/23/14
5th Floor 10/1/14

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Isom. I have no idea how to use these boards, can't figure out the posting roll or quite how the forum works but I'm here, I quit yesterday and I'm not going back because I made a promise.
I got sick a week ago and went to the Dr. He found a spot on my gums. I'm 35, I have a beautiful wife and three small children. I won't find out any results for 7-10 days, but I handed my wife my can, looked in her eyes and said "Never again, I promise." I can't help but think about how selfish I've been and the guilt is overwhelming when I look at these three wonderful children and ask myself "what have I done?"
Well, that's me, and my selfish story. God willing I will be the only one who has to suffer as I go through withdrawls and such but I figure I deserve that.

Isom

Stay quit.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Isom

Today I Made a Promise
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Hi, I'm Isom. I have no idea how to use these boards, can't figure out the posting roll or quite how the forum works but I'm here, I quit yesterday and I'm not going back because I made a promise.
I got sick a week ago and went to the Dr. He found a spot on my gums. I'm 35, I have a beautiful wife and three small children. I won't find out any results for 7-10 days, but I handed my wife my can, looked in her eyes and said "Never again, I promise." I can't help but think about how selfish I've been and the guilt is overwhelming when I look at these three wonderful children and ask myself "what have I done?"
Well, that's me, and my selfish story. God willing I will be the only one who has to suffer as I go through withdrawls and such but I figure I deserve that.

Isom