Author Topic: Yo - I Did It  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Yo - I Did It
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Dr.
Quote from: Smokeyg
Quote from: RockyBalboa
Quote from: MikeA
I am so glad I have found this website. I know that I will be here every day reading and posting.

I finally quit. I threw away my can last night. I'm chomping on sunflower seeds now and even bought some nicotine gum to help.

I've dipped Copenhagen LC for the last 8 or so years. I started on the Skoal Wintergreen and Mint and graduated to the Cope. I never really wanted to quit until recently. My girlfriend and family would hound my ass about it and I ignored it, argued about it and was a stubborn jerk about it. I loved dipping.

But recently I started worrying about the health of my teeth, gums, mouth and everything connected to dipping. I have the white lining on my gums and even a few small sores from them being dipped raw. I finally decided to quit yesterday. I woke up and tossed a dip in and it was uncomfortable because of the gums. I took it out and even tried one later while in the movies. It lasted about 5 minutes and I was done. I took it out and started chewing on the straw.

We got home and I went in the bathroom and cleaned the hell out of my mouth. I started using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash a few weeks ago and I rinsed with that for about 20 minutes and it was foaming its ass off. I brushed, cleaned, put in cotton with H202 and finally decided that was all she wrote for my days of dipping.

I'm at peace with the decision and excited to be an ex-dipper. I know its going to be hard because I want to throw in a big pinch right now and have wanted to all day long.

I want my mouth to heal. I've had the gums get sore before and they always healed. The white spots came and went before (when I stopped for a week on vacation last year)...so I can't wait to get rid of this shit in my mouth. I don't want The Big C. No way. I'm done with this.

I'm sure I'll be looking to you all for help in this battle.
Glad your here. Head on over to the May group introduce yourself and post roll call. here's how
Yo- you did it!!!! Are you still chewing the nicotine gum if so do you think you are nicotine free, chewing nicotine gum this is a nicotine free site. and as far as your motive to quit...... still not sure about, if it's for you or just to quite the family....or to wait the week till the sores heal

I am happy to welcome you to the site. not trying to be an ass, but I would like to see a more determined post......ie

My name is_______ I just quit dipping lip turd, I will never put that crap in my face again......ever! I will do anything, anything not to put that crap in my wonderfully beautiful face, since I am lucky enough to still enjoy my smile and lips and throat....I know this will be tough and that's why I'm here! I am an addict! I have made up my mind and I am determined to stay quit! Day 1
Doc,

My apologies for mentioning the gum. I didn't know that was a no-no. I'm just looking for whatever will help me quit, and its helped so far. Today has been ok, not too rough but certainly craving a big ol' pinch.

My motives are what they are - I wanted to quit for awhile and always put it off further and further in the future. Yesterday I was finally able to fully commit myself.

Its all for me and I'll never put another dip of tobacco in my mouth again. Maybe I'll buy the fake snuff that I've seen on the site and give that a shot rather than the nicotine gum.
There lives within the very flame of [desire]
A kind of wick or snuff that will abate it;
And nothing is at a like goodness still;
For goodness, growing to a plurisy,
Dies in his own too much: that we would do
We should do when we would
; for this 'would' changes
And hath abatements and delays as many
As there are tongues, are hands, are accidents;
And then this 'should' is like a spendthrift sigh,
That hurts by easing.

Hamlet 4.7
Not sure about what ham melt is saying there, but I do know A quittter when I see one. About the gum, the reason I say that no gum is because you are only prolonging the withdrawl symptoms.... 3 days and the nicotine is out and then the rest is just a mind game..... the herbal stuff is fine. Me personally, it was too much like the real stuff and my rationalization was too messed up, I could easlily make the jump to real stuff.....

ditch the gum! get some sunflower seeds, candy, anything other than dip or nrt to help you out. Drink lots of water it'll help flush you and keep the headaches to only mindnumbing... just kidding, but serious!

Welcome to the suck! Post roll like it was your job and your life depended on it! give your word everyday and honor that word! Check out the home page on how to post roll and why we do it.
that we would do

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
Quote from: Smokeyg
I am so glad I have found this website. I know that I will be here every day reading and posting.

I finally quit. I threw away my can last night. I'm chomping on sunflower seeds now and even bought some nicotine gum to help.

I've dipped Copenhagen LC for the last 8 or so years. I started on the Skoal Wintergreen and Mint and graduated to the Cope. I never really wanted to quit until recently. My girlfriend and family would hound my ass about it and I ignored it, argued about it and was a stubborn jerk about it. I loved dipping.

But recently I started worrying about the health of my teeth, gums, mouth and everything connected to dipping. I have the white lining on my gums and even a few small sores from them being dipped raw. I finally decided to quit yesterday. I woke up and tossed a dip in and it was uncomfortable because of the gums. I took it out and even tried one later while in the movies. It lasted about 5 minutes and I was done. I took it out and started chewing on the straw.

We got home and I went in the bathroom and cleaned the hell out of my mouth. I started using hydrogen peroxide as a mouthwash a few weeks ago and I rinsed with that for about 20 minutes and it was foaming its ass off. I brushed, cleaned, put in cotton with H202 and finally decided that was all she wrote for my days of dipping.

I'm at peace with the decision and excited to be an ex-dipper. I know its going to be hard because I want to throw in a big pinch right now and have wanted to all day long.

I want my mouth to heal. I've had the gums get sore before and they always healed. The white spots came and went before (when I stopped for a week on vacation last year)...so I can't wait to get rid of this shit in my mouth. I don't want The Big C. No way. I'm done with this.

Glad your here. Head on over to the May group introduce yourself and post roll call. here's how
Yo- you did it!!!! Are you still chewing the nicotine gum if so do you think you are nicotine free, chewing nicotine gum this is a nicotine free site. and as far as your motive to quit...... still not sure about, if it's for you or just to quite the family....or to wait the week till the sores heal

I am happy to welcome you to the site. not trying to be an ass, but I would like to see a more determined post......ie

My name is_______ I just quit dipping lip turd, I will never put that crap in my face again......ever! I will do anything, anything not to put that crap in my wonderfully beautiful face, since I am lucky enough to still enjoy my smile and lips and throat....I know this will be tough and that's why I'm here! I am an addict! I have made up my mind and I am determined to stay quit! Day 1
Doc,

My apologies for mentioning the gum. I didn't know that was a no-no. I'm just looking for whatever will help me quit, and its helped so far. Today has been ok, not too rough but certainly craving a big ol' pinch.

My motives are what they are - I wanted to quit for awhile and always put it off further and further in the future. Yesterday I was finally able to fully commit myself.

Its all for me and I'll never put another dip of tobacco in my mouth again. Maybe I'll buy the fake snuff that I've seen on the site and give that a shot rather than the nicotine gum.
That hurts by easing.

Hamlet 4.7
Not sure about what ham melt is saying there, but I do know A quittter when I see one. About the gum, the reason I say that no gum is because you are only prolonging the withdrawl symptoms.... 3 days and the nicotine is out and then the rest is just a mind game..... the herbal stuff is fine. Me personally, it was too much like the real stuff and my rationalization was too messed up, I could easlily make the jump to real stuff.....

ditch the gum! get some sunflower seeds, candy, anything other than dip or nrt to help you out. Drink lots of water it'll help flush you and keep the headaches to only mindnumbing... just kidding, but serious!

Welcome to the suck! Post roll like it was your job and your life depended on it! give your word everyday and honor that word! Check out the home page on how to post roll and why we do it.
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »

Doc,

That hurts by easing.

Hamlet 4.7

Offline RockyBalboa

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 09:41:00 PM »

Doc,

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »

HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

Offline RockyBalboa

• Quitter
Yo - I Did It
« on: February 21, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »