Author Topic: 1 month in  (Read 1611 times)

Offline SFC_DROSE

• Quitter
  • Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
  • Quit Date: Mar 7, 2019 at 1900
  • Interests: Working on helicopters, gaming, hiking, and walking my dogs
  • Likes Given: 78
Re: 1 month in
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »
The PX here had some of the smokey mountain stuff a while ago but ran out. I was looking into some of the coffee ones but am not sure it'd be worth the wait for shipping. In the meantime I'm demolishing pack after pack of Extra and 5 gum, lol. I figured out here was the best place to cut back because I'm already disrupting so many other patterns in my life and it's not as easily available here. Thanks for the support!

Hey Chris first off THANK YOU for your service.

I know dipping is really hard to kill overseas on tour as that is when most people ramp up.  My suggestion is getting some fakes:  Smokey Mountain (they ship to military POs and give 15% discount for Military), Sesame seeds, gum -- whatever works for you.  For me the key was substituting the oral fixation -- so much of my addiction was linked to that.  Popping the fake in at the times I would pop the SH%T in my mouth did at least calm that beast.  I have been leading care packages drives at work for our currently deployed colleagues and ALWAYS include these items with a card containing the link to this site for those that need help. 

Stay strong -- use this site -- it works!

All the best to you -- and thanks again for everything you are doing for us back home!

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully, I did roll right (I'm a few hours ahead of most of you guys, so it won't quite be first thing in the morning for me). I'll do my best to hit it every day, provided they don't shut down our internet. On a personal note, glad to see an Alaskan here. Spent the best three years of my career so far up in Fairbanks and loved every second of it. Would go back in a heart beat if Household 6 would allow it.

Hey Chris,

My name is also Chris.  First of all, Huge thank you for your service. 

You've made a wise decision to quit this addiction.  That is what it is,  Not a habit, an addiction.  We will always be addicted to nicotine. 

The way this site works is we post roll every day in our individual quit groups.  Since your quit date is March 7, you will be in the June 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.  You can click Here and it will take you to your group.  Find the most recent roll post and follow the instructions in the header to post roll.

We quit one day at a time.  So every morning we Wake Up, Piss then Post roll (WUPP).  This takes nicotine off the table for the next 24 hours.  Then we just keep repeating the process everyday.  With you being deployed, posting everyday may not be an option for you but you can discuss it with your group to come up with a plan that will keep you quit and and posted up everyday. 

Exchange phone numbers with the guys in your group and some vets so you can build your wall of accountability and also have instant access to support if you need it.  Check your PM for a message from me.

Please feel free to hit me up with any questions,

Proud to quit with you and 35 days quit on your own is pretty bad ass.

Chris
"Those who think that they can and those who think that they can't are both often right."- Henry Ford

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 09:49:20 AM »
Hey Chris first off THANK YOU for your service.

I know dipping is really hard to kill overseas on tour as that is when most people ramp up.  My suggestion is getting some fakes:  Smokey Mountain (they ship to military POs and give 15% discount for Military), Sesame seeds, gum -- whatever works for you.  For me the key was substituting the oral fixation -- so much of my addiction was linked to that.  Popping the fake in at the times I would pop the SH%T in my mouth did at least calm that beast.  I have been leading care packages drives at work for our currently deployed colleagues and ALWAYS include these items with a card containing the link to this site for those that need help. 

Stay strong -- use this site -- it works!

All the best to you -- and thanks again for everything you are doing for us back home!

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully, I did roll right (I'm a few hours ahead of most of you guys, so it won't quite be first thing in the morning for me). I'll do my best to hit it every day, provided they don't shut down our internet. On a personal note, glad to see an Alaskan here. Spent the best three years of my career so far up in Fairbanks and loved every second of it. Would go back in a heart beat if Household 6 would allow it.

Hey Chris,

You've made a wise decision to quit this addiction.  That is what it is,  Not a habit, an addiction.  We will always be addicted to nicotine. 

The way this site works is we post roll every day in our individual quit groups.  Since your quit date is March 7, you will be in the June 2019 Pre-HOF Quit Group.  You can click Here and it will take you to your group.  Find the most recent roll post and follow the instructions in the header to post roll.

We quit one day at a time.  So every morning we Wake Up, Piss then Post roll (WUPP).  This takes nicotine off the table for the next 24 hours.  Then we just keep repeating the process everyday.  With you being deployed, posting everyday may not be an option for you but you can discuss it with your group to come up with a plan that will keep you quit and and posted up everyday. 

Exchange phone numbers with the guys in your group and some vets so you can build your wall of accountability and also have instant access to support if you need it.  Check your PM for a message from me.

Chris

Offline SFC_DROSE

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 05:25:06 AM »

Hey Chris,

Chris
"Those who think that they can and those who think that they can't are both often right."- Henry Ford

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 03:47:42 AM »
Hey Chris,

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline SFC_DROSE

• Quitter
1 month in
« on: April 13, 2019, 03:01:04 AM »
So I'm Chris, on my latest deployment to Afghanistan and decided this would be the best place to quit. Hit up the med clinic and got hooked up with Wellbutrin and took my last dip at 1900 on the 7th of Mar. Quit before using Chantix about two years ago but relapsed around the 4 month mark. Definitely seems rougher this time around. The Wellbutrin didn't seem to do anything for the cravings and I fell off that crap last week. Still going strong but chew about a pack of sugar-free gum every day. Been dipping since high school, 16 years ago but didn't start using heavily until I joined the Army in 2005. Kind of a prevalent culture of dippers here. Been serving as an aircraft mechanic for the country ever since through 3 other trips to the Middle East. Got married 2 years ago and that's been kind of the driving force behind me wanting to quit. My spouse says he doesn't care but I don't like the way I feel when I dipped around him. Here hoping to make the quit stick this time around. I appreciate any feedback.