Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: 0 Day
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 10:45:22 AM »
Welcome Ben!

Thank you for your service. We have several deployed military members here. They are quitting and so will you if you make the choice to.

We make the choice every day by posting a promise not to use nicotine that day. We make our promise as early in the day as possible as we can, thereby taking making the promise to take nicotine off the table. Then we keep our word.

I encourage you to post your promise with a quit group--for you it would be the December 2019 HOF Quit Group (December is when you will hit 100 days quit and will therefore be eligible to enter the illustrious KTC Hall of Fame.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15827.0

Follow the instructions for posting roll call, make your promise to us, and yourself, and keep your word.

Proud to quit with you today.
^^ yes do this and stay quit, replace your chew and addiction with something positive, working out or reading, etc.
also check out the wildcard section for the tun tavern https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=310.0

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »
Hi Ben - welcome aboard.

Thanks for your service.  People like you make it possible for people like me (and my family) to enjoy a safe and happy life in the greatest country on earth. 

You are an addict.  Your mind makes you think that you love to dip, but Ben... I promise you... what you love is not feeling the effects of not having nicotine in your system.  Really, stop and think for a minute... when was the last time you got a "buzz" from dip?  It has been a decade at least... the only think nicotine does for you is take away the side effects of not having it in your system.  Pretty fucked up, right?

The feelings you have... they get better in time.  Tomorrow?  Likely not.  Today, enjoy the feeling of winning while you suppress the pain.  I promise that you will enjoy a feeling of freedom like you can't imagine.

2,460 days ago I posted about missing my best friend, the Kodiak bear.  Some dude jumped on me and set me straight.  And he was right.  That fucking bear did nothing for me but take.  Well, you are taking your like back.

Congratulations, and thank you again.  Post roll every day like your life depends on it.  It really does.

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 10:25:36 AM »
Welcome Ben!

Thank you for your service. We have several deployed military members here. They are quitting and so will you if you make the choice to.

We make the choice every day by posting a promise not to use nicotine that day. We make our promise as early in the day as possible as we can, thereby taking making the promise to take nicotine off the table. Then we keep our word.

I encourage you to post your promise with a quit group--for you it would be the December 2019 HOF Quit Group (December is when you will hit 100 days quit and will therefore be eligible to enter the illustrious KTC Hall of Fame.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15827.0

Follow the instructions for posting roll call, make your promise to us, and yourself, and keep your word.

Proud to quit with you today.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Bray33

• Likes Given: 0
0 Day
« on: September 17, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
Hey Everyone,

My name is Ben, I’m 33 years old and I love to dip. I’m married, have a couple kids and I’m in the Army currently deployed (which is going to make this even more fun..). I first tried dip 15-16 years ago in high school, had one or two every now and then but never very often. Then I joined the Military and after some time it went from occasionally to a every day necessity. It helps to keep me awake on long nights, keep me focused, makes me stronger and any other lie I can come up with as to why I do it. For the last 8 years, a can a day of Grizzly Wintergreen Long Cut has controlled my life and I’m finally over it.
Started with some weird mouth pains a few months ago and I had to fly out to see a dentist. Turns out I grind my teeth at night which has caused all sorts of problems. Not sure why, but this got me realizing I need to quit. The last few weeks I’ve been “cutting back” which has been a challenge but I realized it really wasn’t doing any good. I put in a pinch yesterday, spit it out, threw my stash away and decided today is the day.
It’s 5pm now. I feel terrible. Dizzy, hungry, thirsty, angry and anxious. I think I’ve even convinced myself every weird spot in my mouth is cancer already. I’ve been working out when I can to beat the cravings today. Sunflower seeds and gum have also helped quite a bit.
So I am here. Day 1 is almost over. Can’t wait for tomorrow.

Ben
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 10:16:49 AM by Bray33 »