Author Topic: Newbie Intro  (Read 1745 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: Newbie Intro
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 03:09:16 AM »
Hope to see you back to posting roll today. You can do this, but you have to walk through the door
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Newbie Intro
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 09:34:52 AM »
I wouldn't say those are common side effects of quitting, but physical side effects in some form are common. It's never a bad idea to see a doctor if you are concerned.

Here's a link to the April Quit Group https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.msg7681062#new

Go there and learn to post roll. Posting roll is the price of admission to this otherwise free site. But most importantly, posting roll is what keeps us quit. It's a daily promise to not use nicotine in any form. Go there early each morning, and make your promise.

Another tool here is exchanging digits (phone numbers) with other quitters - guys in your Quit Group, and vets as well. Mine are just a PM away. When you exchange digits, you have an emergency contact - someone you can text/call when you are facing a serious crave, or a tough situation. The more numbers you have, the more likely it is that you'll reach someone if needed.

One thing I need to point out - you don't have a habit. What you have is a full-blown addiction to one of the most addictive chemicals on earth. It's important that you acknowledge that as you quit. Your body will stop at nothing to get nicotine back in its system. The more you respect that, the more likely you are to be successful.

Also, you may want to consider telling your girl friend about your quit. As you noted, she saw something off about you. Her support will only help you remain quit.

Now, as soon as you quit reading this - get in and post roll!

Proud to quit with you.

RDB (1,442)

Offline Dylman

• Likes Given: 0
Newbie Intro
« on: January 02, 2020, 09:03:34 AM »
Hey guys,
I am new to this site and have been reading into it a lot. First off I want to thank everyone as a community because this kind of support I feel is needed..especially in my case. I started dipping when I was 21 on and off until recently.Im now 28.The last 3 years I have been doing roughly a can every 2 days. I have a beautiful girlfriend that I have been dating for 1.5 years and we now live together. She has no idea about my habit as I would just do it not around her/when she wasnt home. I know if she knew it would break her heart and she would look at me different. And I know it's something I need to tell her, but I just dont think Im ready yet. I'm on day 5 of quitting right now and its rough. I hit the fog hard yesterday while trying to play tennis with her and she could tell something was off. Im also having throat issues. Theres no pain, however it feels like there is something stuck in my throat all the time.I also have had an increase of acid reflux as well as nausea. Are these all common side effects of quitting? Thank you all this site means more to me than yall will ever know.  :)