Author Topic: Hey guys, Rob here  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Rob

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12/17/2018
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Hey guys, Rob here
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2020, 05:18:16 PM »
Day 1 again.

My name is Rob and I was a part of the 2019 Marchmen. Unfortunately I thought I could quit on my own after about 400 days.

Between two family deaths, career going to shit due to Covid, and other things. I went back to chew (no excuse). After 2-3 months of dipping everyday. I’m ready to quit.

When I dip I let other aspects of my life go to shit, as it’s such an unhealthy/negative addiction. This time around I plan on posting first thing every morning and getting to know some other quitters. (Last time I was distant)

I know everyone will give me a hard time, it took a lot for me to come back here.

As I’ve already dipped today, tomorrow will be day one.

Eskimo quit brother. I knew you were fucking up when you peaced out but better to be back than not to be back. Don’t throw it away this time. And take care of yourself, it’s shit out there, hope you’re doing alright on a personal level.

I know man I let all of you down :(

Offline Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2020, 05:17:28 PM »
Day 1 again.

My name is Rob and I was a part of the 2019 Marchmen. Unfortunately I thought I could quit on my own after about 400 days.

Between two family deaths, career going to shit due to Covid, and other things. I went back to chew (no excuse). After 2-3 months of dipping everyday. I’m ready to quit.

When I dip I let other aspects of my life go to shit, as it’s such an unhealthy/negative addiction. This time around I plan on posting first thing every morning and getting to know some other quitters. (Last time I was distant)

I know everyone will give me a hard time, it took a lot for me to come back here.

Yep,  last time you were distant. And you didn’t seem to buy into the stuff that most of us did who have connected with others, and looked out for others quit. You know well enough that the excuses are just the excuses… I would start by posting your three answers in March 2019, try to learn something, and then we’ll support you in your new group.  @Rob

Will post these answers shortly, going through all the replies. Not giving my all last time was the reason for my failure

Offline Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2020, 05:16:11 PM »
Spit it out and start today, stop letting that shit controlling where, what, and when you do stuff!

Agreed the last month I found myself altering plans just to dip. Ready to have my life back again

Offline Onebadbinder

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • 'Bout damn time
  • Quit Date: 11/22/2018
  • Interests: Antique trucks, tractors and motorcycles.
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2020, 04:37:56 PM »
Day 1 again.

@Rob
AJ and Allpuck has already said most everything that needs to be said.  Being a retread sucks ass but you have 2 choices.  Stick with your old MO of not replying to texts and not engaging or getting your butt in gear,  drinking the koolaid and being a leader in your new quit group since this shit should be old hat.

We in Mar19 are getting damn near close to our 2 year mark and you are starting over, let that sink in. 

Remember a problem with a dip is now 2 problems.  We all have had some shit go down,  when it happens we turn to each other, not the can.

Get your first day posted and make that promise.
Quit.      Nov 22 2018
HOF.      Mar 1 2019

My number is always available, just PM me. I am up all night many nights,  just call me. My quit is strong because of KTC, just make sure yours is too.

Accountability + Brotherhood = Success

I am a retread. You can have a second chance like me just own up to your past. I flushed 2 laps down the drain once because I want involved.  Not again.  Get involved,  get quit.

Offline umwolff

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2020, 03:30:20 PM »
Day 1 again.

Eskimo quit brother. I knew you were fucking up when you peaced out but better to be back than not to be back. Don’t throw it away this time. And take care of yourself, it’s shit out there, hope you’re doing alright on a personal level.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »
Spit it out and start today, stop letting that shit controlling where, what, and when you do stuff!
The day you spit it out and choose to quit is day one. Today can be, no, today SHOULD BE day 1. Get in and post roll @Rob
And everything posted by AJ up above is gold!
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Allpuck

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: My Son, Hockey, Drumming, Golf, Wife...in that order?
  • Likes Given: 384
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »
Day 1 again.

Yep,  last time you were distant. And you didn’t seem to buy into the stuff that most of us did who have connected with others, and looked out for others quit. You know well enough that the excuses are just the excuses… I would start by posting your three answers in March 2019, try to learn something, and then we’ll support you in your new group.  @Rob

Offline Redneb

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 12-12-2018
  • Likes Given: 269
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2020, 12:12:06 PM »
Day 1 again.

Sucks to be you.
I'm not sure I could live with myself if I had to type "again" after a Day 1.

KTC works because it's all about owning this the first time.
The. First. Time.

Make sure you soak this in:
This site is NOT about trying. Period. Addiction can NOT be given an inch. After the amount of time you stopped (not quit)... you should have realized that and owned your shit. I personally get sick of the ass patting and the "it's ok... get back in there and try again!" You need to feel the pain of your failure. The absolute waste of time your previous stoppage was. And... I hope you do. I hope you feel like complete shit over it. You can NOT be a "try" guy. It's weak. It's ineffective.

Own it.
I've been saying this for years... Get involved and STAY involved. It works. Ask me how I know. Do I "need" to be here to maintain my quit? Nah. I owned this from day 1. But... I see guys like you and I see a fresh baby Mod who caved recently and I know that the 15 seconds it takes me to roll up is a small price to pay to maintain the freedom I earned.

AJ... 2,685. 100% poster and still here every day because I will NOT be you.
Own it.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2020, 11:35:53 AM »
Day 1 again.

Offline BluManChew

• Quit Pro
    • [b]The Omega Moment - 365 Days Later
  • Quit Date: October 8, 2017
  • Likes Given: 163
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2019, 10:37:56 AM »
Day 61!!! Here’s an update guys. I have to say days 51-59 were tough for me. Idk what it was but almost everything was a trigger. I told my friends that it was a rough week for me. They were helpful and supportive. Now we’re back on track though and cruising towards the HOF. Life’s great guys and I can’t thank everyone enough! If you’re reading this and considering quitting, just do it. I use to think I needed dip to do normal activities, to cope with stress, etc. After a month or so though I realized it was just an addiction. Life’s better without it!
Good job, Rob.

Offline Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »
Day 61!!! Here’s an update guys. I have to say days 51-59 were tough for me. Idk what it was but almost everything was a trigger. I told my friends that it was a rough week for me. They were helpful and supportive. Now we’re back on track though and cruising towards the HOF. Life’s great guys and I can’t thank everyone enough! If you’re reading this and considering quitting, just do it. I use to think I needed dip to do normal activities, to cope with stress, etc. After a month or so though I realized it was just an addiction. Life’s better without it!

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »
32 days dip free! Still going strong.

I’ve been having these dreams lately where I put a dip, then I’ll wake up in the morning and can’t remember if I put a dip in or not. It seems very real.

Yesterday was tough man, very stressful day business wise. I haven’t really had a day like that since I quit. So honestly I craved a dip all day. Besides yesterday though cravings had been minimal. #RoadTo100

Dip Dreams are the worst.  You wake up thinking you caved and now you have to go explain yourself to everyone here.  Then you realize it was a dream.

Great job staying strong.  Reach out though if it gets too much.  Better to call a friend than stuff that crap in your pie hole.
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Rob

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2019, 01:09:41 PM »
32 days dip free! Still going strong.

I’ve been having these dreams lately where I put a dip, then I’ll wake up in the morning and can’t remember if I put a dip in or not. It seems very real.

Yesterday was tough man, very stressful day business wise. I haven’t really had a day like that since I quit. So honestly I craved a dip all day. Besides yesterday though cravings had been minimal. #RoadTo100

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »
Health wise honestly I feel great. My mouth just feels cleaner 24/7. I’m back to working out everyday. I’m eating cleaner. I’ve lost 6lbs! Not sure if it was mental or what. I was lazy when I was dipping all day, I feel way more energized. Any day without dip is better than with it!

Hi Rob... great post!

As time goes by, you will see that nicotine really only did one thing... take.  It takes your time.  Your health.  Your relationships.  Your freedom.

You are beginning to see the truth.  Time that you spent feeding your addiction, you can now spend building relationships with your family.  Enjoying life.  Feeling the ups and downs that life has - like a roller coaster - instead of using nicotine to escape.  You can use that time to run, or workout, or have crazy wild sweaty sex (CARDIO!)  There are so many benefits, and it is great to see that you are starting to feel them.

Use this intro to journal your path to freedom - it is great to come back and see what a wreck things were.... and where things are. 

One more thing, be extra vigilant for a while about friends who dip, and alcohol.  You are building your tools up, but need to watch your back for a while longer.  This path gets a whole lot easier - just keep posting EVERY day, and you'll keep winning.

Honored to quit with you today, sir.

worktowin