Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 48313 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #407 on: September 01, 2023, 11:07:08 PM »
8 years quit is only a few days away.  I'm sure that I didn't expect to still be here when I showed up on my day 10.  There are lots of folks to thank for inspiration yet at the end of the day I had to be the one to quit.  One day at a time.  Every damn day.  Look forward to repeating tomorrow.   8)

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #406 on: December 03, 2022, 10:12:57 AM »
Day 2,645.  I saw a quitter on Discord who was unsure about posting roll every day.  Somehow posting roll was going to create anxiety.  I disagree - I feel like the anxiety disappears as soon as I post roll.  Nicotine is off the table from that moment until bedtime.  Plus, others who see my roll post and may choose to make the same promise with me that day.  I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.   8)
Totally agree @Stranger999. It seems some quitters/stoppers don’t fully understand the importance or meaning of posting roll. Does everyone view it the same as if I can to your house, knocked on your door, and told you I will not use nicotine? I’m not sure. To your point, after posting, I just have to keep my word for the day. Not that hard as I just did it the prior day. I’ll be here with you tomorrow brother.
Jan19

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2022, 10:30:27 PM »
Day 2,645.  I saw a quitter on Discord who was unsure about posting roll every day.  Somehow posting roll was going to create anxiety.  I disagree - I feel like the anxiety disappears as soon as I post roll.  Nicotine is off the table from that moment until bedtime.  Plus, others who see my roll post and may choose to make the same promise with me that day.  I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.   8)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #404 on: July 26, 2022, 11:30:33 PM »
Day 2,517 and the system is warning me that there have been no posts on my introduction thread in 120 days - perhaps I should start a new topic?   'no'

Freedom is sweet and quitting one day at a time with other quitters now has me only a few weeks away from 7 years quit.  Making connections with others here will help you stay quit.   8)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #403 on: July 06, 2021, 01:41:07 AM »
My family interred my dad on Saturday at our childhood church.  The pandemic messed things up so much that it was weird taking care of this almost a full year later.

One day at a time really works.  Regardless of what life throws your way you can always choose to quit for the next 24 hours.  I quit with you today!   8)
So sorry for your loss Stranger999. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Sorry for your looks on this earth strngrdngr. Waiting that long to say goodbye is hard.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #402 on: July 03, 2021, 02:55:20 AM »
My family interred my dad on Saturday at our childhood church.  The pandemic messed things up so much that it was weird taking care of this almost a full year later.

One day at a time really works.  Regardless of what life throws your way you can always choose to quit for the next 24 hours.  I quit with you today!   8)
So sorry for your loss Stranger999. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Jan19

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2021, 12:23:02 AM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #400 on: October 01, 2020, 11:57:54 PM »
Day 1,854... Quit... Period... but still always ODAAT.   8)

Thank you all!  Losing my dad was tough but having all of the support here really helped!

I re-read my entire introduction thread again tonight and the support I've received these last 5 years is truly amazing.  This site rocks!  It also reminded me that while there are many stages of quit the most important part of quitting is being sure to show up and actually quit every day.

Whether you are in or out of the fog we are all still addicts.  We need to show up and quit every day.  I can't wait to post roll tomorrow!   :)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2020, 06:49:02 AM »
Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  I really appreciate it!  This site is awesome and I'm blessed to have so many friends that I have never met.   :)

My dad passed away early in the morning yesterday.  I'm not sure how much his smoking cut his life short.  Heck, he lived to be 91.  But I do know his health was not good in the final years and he got pneumonia very quickly when he was in the ICU last week.  His lungs were obviously compromised.

I made my own choice to quit all forms of nicotine almost five years ago.  I'm going to mourn the loss of my dad today and I am going to put my name on roll tomorrow.
Right there mourning with you brother. Thank you for your story as it has helped not only my quit but many others. May God be with you and comfort your family in this time of need.
Thoughts and prayers with you and your family
Sorry to hear about your loss. Trust in the Lord and our your trust in Him. Prayers for you and your family.
Peace be with you and your family. Take solace with the knowledge that your dad is in a wonderful place now. My thoughts are with you.

Offline Mmardis

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/1/20
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2020, 09:01:59 PM »
Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.  I really appreciate it!  This site is awesome and I'm blessed to have so many friends that I have never met.   :)

My dad passed away early in the morning yesterday.  I'm not sure how much his smoking cut his life short.  Heck, he lived to be 91.  But I do know his health was not good in the final years and he got pneumonia very quickly when he was in the ICU last week.  His lungs were obviously compromised.

I made my own choice to quit all forms of nicotine almost five years ago.  I'm going to mourn the loss of my dad today and I am going to put my name on roll tomorrow.
Right there mourning with you brother. Thank you for your story as it has helped not only my quit but many others. May God be with you and comfort your family in this time of need.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Trust in the Lord and our your trust in Him. Prayers for you and your family.
Yesterday was practice for quitting today

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »

Jan19

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2020, 06:51:05 AM »

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2020, 06:48:16 AM »

numb. Peace be with you Dave.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2020, 12:06:12 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2020, 10:55:16 AM »
Day 1777.  It's been a rough week.  On Monday my father went into the ICU after a surgery to open an artery caused him to have a stroke.  Under the hospital's Covid-19 rules he can only have 1 visitor a day.  My first day to see him is tomorrow.  He's got all kinds of tubes in him and I'm very apprehensive about seeing him in that state.

Why am I sharing this?  Well, my dad is 91 years old and has been smoking cigarettes for at least 75 years.  This week is probably the first time he hasn't smoked since the 1940's.  While my family is amazed that he has lived this long, he has dealt with a lot of health problems due to smoking and he did not quit.  Even in the ICU they have a nicotine patch on him right now.  I'm not sure how his nicotine management is going to work during his rehab.  It's the last thing you'd think you'd need to worry about, but I remember what I went through during the suck phase of my quit.  I know it is going to be very tough on him when he doesn't get enough nicotine.

I guess I just want to say don't ever give up.  If you have earned your freedom from nicotine do everything in your power to keep it.  Going through withdrawal late in life isn't worth it.  I quit with you all today and I can't wait to post roll tomorrow.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you Dave.
Thoughts, love and prayers to you

Thank you both for the prayers.  My dad was moved out of the ICU today and I got to visit him.  He still has a long way to go to recover from this but we are taking it one day at a time.

I quit with you today!

Thank you for the reminder Stranger...thoughts and prayers heading towards you and yours.
Dave, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Nicotine is truly a wicked beast - he's lucky to have a son like you that not only is a great son, but knows the chains that are limiting him.