Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 57883 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »
I want to REALLY QUIT. Not quit like I did for a week or two in the past.

Screw you Copenhagen... 'Finger'

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 09:12:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
Keep up your quit stranger. Nice job. Pretty soon before you know it you'll be at day 27. It is still difficult for me at day 27, but nowhere near like it was the first 10 days.

Proud to be quit with u today and tonight
Thanks JB! I am proud to be at day 8 and looking forward to getting to day 28, 48, 88, 10,008. :D

I'm so glad to have folks here keeping me honest. I vow to post every day.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Keep up your quit stranger. Nice job. Pretty soon before you know it you'll be at day 27. It is still difficult for me at day 27, but nowhere near like it was the first 10 days.

Proud to be quit with u today and tonight

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Update: On purpose I drove to a distant supermarket today and went right by 4 convenience stores where I used to purchase chew. It was awesome. My next test will be actually buying something other than chew in a convenience store. I think I might attempt that at day 14 or so. Not sure.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: nomorecope!
Stranger,
I have enjoyed reading your posts as they have inspired me in the early days of my quit. Keep it up brother, your daily victories are inspiring to other people who are newbies like myself, or people just lurking out there that are thinking about quitting.
I quit with you today.
I love your user name here nomorecope - no more Copenhagen was EXACTLY what I needed in my life. My brain still expects to see a can of Copenhagen long cut sitting on the top shelf of my fridge when I open the door....

We can beat this together my friend. I'm so glad I found this website before I went nuts and caved again. Day 8 and the promise is keeping me on track for Day 9. I can't wait to post here tomorrow morning. B)B

Offline nomorecope!

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
Stranger,
I have enjoyed reading your posts as they have inspired me in the early days of my quit. Keep it up brother, your daily victories are inspiring to other people who are newbies like myself, or people just lurking out there that are thinking about quitting.
I quit with you today.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 04:56:00 PM »
Quote from: CaseyB
Quote from: Stranger999
And sorry to get "preachy" but the more days I am off chew the more I want to help others. B)B
Just don't get overbearing about it. I view the quitting thing like I view my faith in Christ. Live it, and let others see how happy you are. Smack 'em with it, and they'll fight back.
Helping others on this site will make your quit 100x stronger. The people on this site want to wuit - we have a common goal.

You are both killing it. Glad you are here.

Offline CaseyB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-17
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 06:35:00 AM »
And sorry to get "preachy" but the more days I am off chew the more I want to help others. B)B
Just don't get overbearing about it. I view the quitting thing like I view my faith in Christ. Live it, and let others see how happy you are. Smack 'em with it, and they'll fight back.
Howdy. They say the pen is mightier than the sword, and I'm a writer who collects pokey things. Basically you're boned either way.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 06:08:00 AM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 06:04:00 AM »
It is almost 6 AM where I am at and I just realized that this thread is not about me. It is really a thread for everyone in the world who wants to quit tobacco. I am just about at day 8 myself and I think EVERYONE out there can quit this too! PLEASE TRY if you are reading this now.

I will keep posting in the daily promise thread - I vow to not stop. ^_^

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
OMG I am into day 7 at this point. I had to catch myself from driving over to the convenience store to buy a can of Copenhagen long cut. This is so hard but I am glad I am still clean. :D
Great job.

Here's a little trick I've been using to get through the tough spots. Dip a cotton ball. You mentioned the price, and some of the fake stuff is more expensive than dip. After a minute or two, cotton feels like long cut.
Thanks for the tip CaseyB!

I'm closing in on my last full week without chew since I can't even remember. :D
Bad ass!

Dude one week is awesome! One day at a time, life will improve. In ways that you don't anticipate. You'll never have to relive that last week. You are winning!!!!
Hey this dude^^^^ keep him in your corner , listen and learn. He's one badass quitter that cares! You're doing great, stay focused and active in here. It's your quit, own it! Quit on!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 11:31:00 PM »
OMG I am into day 7 at this point. I had to catch myself from driving over to the convenience store to buy a can of Copenhagen long cut. This is so hard but I am glad I am still clean. :D
Great job.

Here's a little trick I've been using to get through the tough spots. Dip a cotton ball. You mentioned the price, and some of the fake stuff is more expensive than dip. After a minute or two, cotton feels like long cut.
Thanks for the tip CaseyB!

I'm closing in on my last full week without chew since I can't even remember. :D
Bad ass!

Dude one week is awesome! One day at a time, life will improve. In ways that you don't anticipate. You'll never have to relive that last week. You are winning!!!!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:00 PM »
I'm an addict and I admit it. I am sitting here ticking away the minutes until I am at DAY 8 OF NO TOBACCO. The headaches are lessening and the fog might be lifting. I have no idea if I did anything at work this week. But I know I MADE AN EFFORT to free myself from this curse. Baby steps still....

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 10:40:00 PM »
Oh, and I've already saved myself about $25-$30 from what I would normally be spending on dip this week. I hope everyone reading this will see the POINTLESSNESS of spending that much a week on a product that will only kill or maim you. I am an older guy and late to the party, this quit has been tough and I should have done it years ago...

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Thanks Nomore!

I've bought loads of sugarless gum and sunflower seeds. I planned this quit to coincide with football season. I am watching every football game that is on TV to take my mind off that crap that used to control my life.... :P