Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 60747 times)

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #332 on: August 06, 2017, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Nomore1959
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: Mike1966
Quote from: JGlav
Nice work on 700 days Stranger. Freedom is sweet!
Nice job Dave, congrats on 700!
Happy 700 strbgrdngr!
Congrats on 700 Stranger!
A jet milestone! 2 years and a whole bunch of jet quits straight ahead for a dude that knows how to quit. Im honored to quit with you, Dave. Congratulations and well done.
Congratulations to one badass quitter! Quit on
Thanks folks! Quit still works ODAAT and it never works alone. Posting day 800 will come soon enough but I really just can't wait to post roll tomorrow! B)B
sorry a bit late on this. Congratulations on 700! Proud to be quit with you!

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #331 on: August 05, 2017, 11:06:00 PM »
Happy 700 strbgrdngr!
A jet milestone! 2 years and a whole bunch of jet quits straight ahead for a dude that knows how to quit. Im honored to quit with you, Dave. Congratulations and well done.
Thanks folks! Quit still works ODAAT and it never works alone. Posting day 800 will come soon enough but I really just can't wait to post roll tomorrow! B)B

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #330 on: August 05, 2017, 12:25:00 PM »
Happy 700 strbgrdngr!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #329 on: August 05, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
Happy 700 strbgrdngr!

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #328 on: August 05, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
Happy 700 strbgrdngr!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #327 on: August 04, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
Happy 700 strbgrdngr!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2017, 11:37:00 AM »
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #325 on: August 04, 2017, 09:57:00 AM »

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #324 on: July 19, 2017, 11:47:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
Quote from: Dagranger
So here I am in the late 600 days of my quit. I've been having a few dip dreams lately. A week or so ago it wasn't a cave dream but a dream about having a can in my pocket. I shrugged that one off easy. Last night the dream was about a dip in my mouth and this one was disturbing. I've learned on this site that the addict brain lies to us all of the time. I double checked the house today to make sure that I didn't actually cave - it was just a dream.

I can't wait to post roll again tomorrow. B)B
It seems like these dreams pop up around milestones. Trust me when I say that they get further and further apart. 700 days ago you were a mess. Today you are a winner.

I am honored to quit with you.
I used to think dip dreams came from the addict in me trying to use my dreams to get me to cave... But I realize that dip dreams are from the quitter in me trying to show me the shame and disappointment if I caved.
Soooooo weird Dave, I had the most vivid dip dream a week or so ago. I could have sworn I dipped. My 18 year old son was like, 'Aw Dad Really??, you;ve come so far.."

Then i woke up in cold sweat and nearly in tears for disappointing him and thinking about how I was going to go crawling back to all my fellow quitters on here

Weird also that I haven't had any urges or cravings for as long as I can remember. Dip doesn't even cross my mind..... Im gonna chalk it up to exactly what Daragner said and move on, and try not to read too much into it. Proud to be quitting with all 3 of you guys!
StrngrDngr. So thankful for you and the support you give.
Addicts dream.
If your not dreaming...
Your not an addict.

Quitters share.
If your not sharing your dreams
Your not a quitter.

Dream.. Share... Quit.
ODAAT.
I quit with you.
Rawls 975
I believe.....

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
So here I am in the late 600 days of my quit. I've been having a few dip dreams lately. A week or so ago it wasn't a cave dream but a dream about having a can in my pocket. I shrugged that one off easy. Last night the dream was about a dip in my mouth and this one was disturbing. I've learned on this site that the addict brain lies to us all of the time. I double checked the house today to make sure that I didn't actually cave - it was just a dream.

It seems like these dreams pop up around milestones. Trust me when I say that they get further and further apart. 700 days ago you were a mess. Today you are a winner.

I used to think dip dreams came from the addict in me trying to use my dreams to get me to cave... But I realize that dip dreams are from the quitter in me trying to show me the shame and disappointment if I caved.
Soooooo weird Dave, I had the most vivid dip dream a week or so ago. I could have sworn I dipped. My 18 year old son was like, 'Aw Dad Really??, you;ve come so far.."

Then i woke up in cold sweat and nearly in tears for disappointing him and thinking about how I was going to go crawling back to all my fellow quitters on here

Weird also that I haven't had any urges or cravings for as long as I can remember. Dip doesn't even cross my mind..... Im gonna chalk it up to exactly what Daragner said and move on, and try not to read too much into it. Proud to be quitting with all 3 of you guys!
StrngrDngr. So thankful for you and the support you give.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #322 on: July 16, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #320 on: July 15, 2017, 10:40:00 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
« Reply #319 on: July 15, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »

Offline Richard K

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Bald headed, vertically challenged leaping gnome
  • Quit Date: 28-Mar-2016
  • Interests: All Pittsburgh sports!! and my family
  • Likes Given: 790
« Reply #318 on: May 01, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm feeling really good about this quit. I think I might be able to free myself from this curse this time. I'm still a little foggy but I have no desire to run out for another tin right how. Baby steps....
Stranger welcome, this site works but you gotta be willing to do your part. Post roll get help from all these badass quitters, I can tell you going at this alone sucks Monkey balls. We're all waiting on you! I quit with you today my friend!
Putting your name on a list sounds pretty lame. Right? I remember thinking the same thing. Dude it works. Join us.

You will never regret quitting. Have you EVER heard anyone say... God I wish I still smoked/dipped?
Putting my name on a list probably did seem really lame to me on day 6. Somewhere on my way to 100 times day 6 it's just become something that I do, every damn day.

Thanks to everyone who supports me! I've done the math and ODAAT + KTC = Success. B)B
This is awesome.
Quit gold right there!!!
FLOOR.. 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10..11..12...13..14..15..16..17..18..19

It is very simple! We quit for today! We wake up! Do it again tomorrow!! One day at a time!
We walk in each others quit shoes, it may be a little different but ultimately the same exact thing

"Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers."