Author Topic: *Freedom*  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: *Freedom*
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: tgafish
Quote from: Grizzfall
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: 92mav18
What a fucking whirlwind of shit this is. Don't mind me, I just need to write this  down as a reminder never to put that shit in my lip again. Day 7. Figured I'd be past this by now. Crazy ass dreams and very little sleep ever since quit. Wake up at 7am wanting chew. Eating fireballs all morning trying to do laundry, wash windows, just keep busy but my brain keeps going back to chew. I have to make a decision every 10 min, not to go to the store and cave. I knew cope had a hold on me but never imagined it could be this deep. I know this will get better. Embrace the pain. I don't ever want to go through this again. Fuck lip turds
Look at it this way bro... Every impulse you beat down, YOU win. Every activity you accomplish without chew, YOU win. Every thing you experience without nicotine, YOU win. 7 days?... That's just netted you a thousand victories one way or another. You won yesterday... You WILL win today. Rock on m'man...
That's right! Listen to applejack you've made 1,008-10 minute decisions in 7 days. That's 1,008 to 0. Your a big time winner!!
Congrats on quiting. You got some work ahead, but be damn proud of your quit so far. Quit today and tomorrow with ya.
Grizzfall
You're doing it right! Good to see day 9 is going better. You're about to hit a quick high that gives you just a taste of how great life without nicotine is. Enjoy it. You've earned it. There's more hurdles to climb ahead (some of them are big fuckers)but you've proven you can go 24 hours without it. Just keep doing it. It keeps getting better
Every 10 minutes will turn to once an hour, then a few times a day. It took me 3 weeks before I stopped reaching for my can when I woke up. Almost a year out I got into a traffic accident. As I walked to the other car I reached for a tin that hadn't been in my pocket for months.

Be patient, nicotine is a nasty drug, give yourself time to heal.

sM
Listen to these heavy hitters. They speak truth.

Small victories are what you're gonna get right now. Eventually those little fuckers add up and you start to see the light between the trees.

It takes time though. Think small picture. In the grand scheme of your life, this is s very small timeframe of suck. You will not always feel this way. The fight is worth it, I promise.

You don't get to heaven without dieing first.

Fight!!!!
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
Not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here. I didn't want to go to a doctor and get involved with prescription meds (kills sex drive etc) so I looked for something herbal, found a plant called "St John's Wort". They sell the extract at any cvs/walgreens.

I don't like being "on" stuff (why I'm here in the first place) so I just kept a bottle handy in case shit got crazy. Day 1 and 2 were smooth. Day 3 I was nuts. Mean as shit, grumpy, depressed. I took one and it completly turned my day around. Day 4 was smooth sailing. Day 5, today started with road rage and craves, so I tried the "st johns" again. Back to smoothness is all I can say. It's doing wonders for me so I thought I'd share in case someone else doesnt want to get all the way into prescription meds but could use a mood elevator.  *as always, read labels and consult docs if your unsure

between having this stuff on hand for emergencies and the atomic fireballs (thanks drome) I'm a pretty happy camper
if you had to share the road with michigan drivers, i would say road rage isn't driven by your quit. i need to go to confession once a month simply because of my commute. fuckin morons.
Fuck you. If you weren't on my road everything would be fine! 'Remshot'
Hey. I drive 8 Mile every day. The bad part that goes from Warren to Detroit. I see road rage on a daily basis. I can't display any back as I may get shot. Get on nine four, 696, or 75 and I'm a lunatic, as is everyone else...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2013, 06:27:00 PM »
What a fucking whirlwind of shit this is. Don't mind me, I just need to write this  down as a reminder never to put that shit in my lip again. Day 7. Figured I'd be past this by now. Crazy ass dreams and very little sleep ever since quit. Wake up at 7am wanting chew. Eating fireballs all morning trying to do laundry, wash windows, just keep busy but my brain keeps going back to chew. I have to make a decision every 10 min, not to go to the store and cave. I knew cope had a hold on me but never imagined it could be this deep. I know this will get better. Embrace the pain. I don't ever want to go through this again. Fuck lip turds
Look at it this way bro... Every impulse you beat down, YOU win. Every activity you accomplish without chew, YOU win. Every thing you experience without nicotine, YOU win. 7 days?... That's just netted you a thousand victories one way or another. You won yesterday... You WILL win today. Rock on m'man...
That's right! Listen to applejack you've made 1,008-10 minute decisions in 7 days. That's 1,008 to 0. Your a big time winner!!
Congrats on quiting. You got some work ahead, but be damn proud of your quit so far. Quit today and tomorrow with ya.
Grizzfall
You're doing it right! Good to see day 9 is going better. You're about to hit a quick high that gives you just a taste of how great life without nicotine is. Enjoy it. You've earned it. There's more hurdles to climb ahead (some of them are big fuckers)but you've proven you can go 24 hours without it. Just keep doing it. It keeps getting better

Every 10 minutes will turn to once an hour, then a few times a day. It took me 3 weeks before I stopped reaching for my can when I woke up. Almost a year out I got into a traffic accident. As I walked to the other car I reached for a tin that hadn't been in my pocket for months.

Be patient, nicotine is a nasty drug, give yourself time to heal.

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 06:19:00 PM »
Grizzfall
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline Grizzfall

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying quit.Staying sane.Being more productive
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 11:09:00 PM »
Grizzfall
-Grizzfall
"This personal torture has a good ending right?"

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 04:43:00 PM »
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
What a fucking whirlwind of shit this is. Don't mind me, I just need to write this down as a reminder never to put that shit in my lip again. Day 7. Figured I'd be past this by now. Crazy ass dreams and very little sleep ever since quit. Wake up at 7am wanting chew. Eating fireballs all morning trying to do laundry, wash windows, just keep busy but my brain keeps going back to chew. I have to make a decision every 10 min, not to go to the store and cave. I knew cope had a hold on me but never imagined it could be this deep. I know this will get better. Embrace the pain. I don't ever want to go through this again. Fuck lip turds

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline 92mav18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing! Inshore, offshore, diving, spearfishing, crabbing,
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
What a fucking whirlwind of shit this is. Don't mind me, I just need to write this down as a reminder never to put that shit in my lip again. Day 7. Figured I'd be past this by now. Crazy ass dreams and very little sleep ever since quit. Wake up at 7am wanting chew. Eating fireballs all morning trying to do laundry, wash windows, just keep busy but my brain keeps going back to chew. I have to make a decision every 10 min, not to go to the store and cave. I knew cope had a hold on me but never imagined it could be this deep. I know this will get better. Embrace the pain. I don't ever want to go through this again. Fuck lip turds

Offline 92mav18

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Embrace the pain!  I cannot stress this enough.  It is imperative to keeping you quit.  Everytime the thought of just one sneaks into your brain you just remember you never have to go through today again....  Without those memories the thought is exponentially more tempting.  Memories of the suck are the absolute pillar of my quit. My quit brothers are the Earth supporting those pillars.  The thought of giving up my freedom is unfathomable
Embrace the pain. Meaning you would rather suffer than suck the cock of nicotine! If you quit, you are a cock sucker in my book. Hate the lies told to you. Chewing wasn't cool, it doesn't relax nor is it an escape from the real world.

Embrace the suck. If you post roll and keep your word, you will get to 598 days and love your freedom!

Fight on friend in the Gospel of Quit!!!!!

Nic bitch was whispering all sorts of shit in my ear tonight. "You don't have a family, you were more alert with me, I'm fun, you left your little magic pills at work"

Fuck that. So glad I got on here. Thank you both for talking some sense. Exactly the advise I needed at exactly the right time. Embracing this shit tonight.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 05:25:00 PM »
Embrace the pain!  I cannot stress this enough.  It is imperative to keeping you quit.  Everytime the thought of just one sneaks into your brain you just remember you never have to go through today again....  Without those memories the thought is exponentially more tempting.  Memories of the suck are the absolute pillar of my quit. My quit brothers are the Earth supporting those pillars.  The thought of giving up my freedom is unfathomable
Embrace the pain. Meaning you would rather suffer vs suck the cock of nicotine! Hate the lies told to you. Chewing wasn't cool, it doesn't relax nor is it an escape from the real world.

Embrace the suck. If you post roll and keep your word, day after every day, it will get easier.

Fight on friend in the Gospel of Quit!!!!!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
Embrace the pain! I cannot stress this enough. It is imperative to keeping you quit. Everytime the thought of just one sneaks into your brain you just remember you never have to go through today again.... Without those memories the thought is exponentially more tempting. Memories of the suck are the absolute pillar of my quit. My quit brothers are the Earth supporting those pillars. The thought of giving up my freedom is unfathomable
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2013, 05:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Syndrome
Not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here. I didn't want to go to a doctor and get involved with prescription meds (kills sex drive etc) so I looked for something herbal, found a plant called "St John's Wort". They sell the extract at any cvs/walgreens.

I don't like being "on" stuff (why I'm here in the first place) so I just kept a bottle handy in case shit got crazy. Day 1 and 2 were smooth. Day 3 I was nuts. Mean as shit, grumpy, depressed. I took one and it completly turned my day around. Day 4 was smooth sailing. Day 5, today started with road rage and craves, so I tried the "st johns" again. Back to smoothness is all I can say. It's doing wonders for me so I thought I'd share in case someone else doesnt want to get all the way into prescription meds but could use a mood elevator.  *as always, read labels and consult docs if your unsure

between having this stuff on hand for emergencies and the atomic fireballs (thanks drome) I'm a pretty happy camper
if you had to share the road with michigan drivers, i would say road rage isn't driven by your quit. i need to go to confession once a month simply because of my commute. fuckin morons.
Fuck you. If you weren't on my road everything would be fine! 'Remshot'

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »

I don't like being "on" stuff (why I'm here in the first place) so I just kept a bottle handy in case shit got crazy. Day 1 and 2 were smooth. Day 3 I was nuts. Mean as shit, grumpy, depressed. I took one and it completly turned my day around. Day 4 was smooth sailing. Day 5, today started with road rage and craves, so I tried the "st johns" again. Back to smoothness is all I can say. It's doing wonders for me so I thought I'd share in case someone else doesnt want to get all the way into prescription meds but could use a mood elevator. *as always, read labels and consult docs if your unsure

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 10:59:00 AM »

I don't like being "on" stuff (why I'm here in the first place) so I just kept a bottle handy in case shit got crazy. Day 1 and 2 were smooth. Day 3 I was nuts. Mean as shit, grumpy, depressed. I took one and it completly turned my day around. Day 4 was smooth sailing. Day 5, today started with road rage and craves, so I tried the "st johns" again. Back to smoothness is all I can say. It's doing wonders for me so I thought I'd share in case someone else doesnt want to get all the way into prescription meds but could use a mood elevator. *as always, read labels and consult docs if your unsure

Well done finding and sharing a great alternative. I myself use St. John's wort for a while as well. I didn't notice anything profound however, no one was permanently injured in the making of my quit so far so apparently something was well aligned.

Pinched
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline 92mav18

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 10:52:00 AM »