Author Topic: Finally Fed Up!  (Read 990 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally Fed Up!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
Glad you found the site....freedom is yours...IF you want it. Remember this ,if nothing else. Your quit is 95% MENTAL and 5% everything else. Get as many digits as you can and read ,read and read this site some more. That really helped me early on. I substituted blow pops and pistachios for Skoal but find whatever you need to keep you occupied. Smokey Mountain is great also. I dipped a can or more a day for 24 years and quit cold turkey, you can too.
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »
Welcome ekh
Stay in here as much as you can,
when you have a crave.... read it away.
It's also important to post early.
And important to help/support others.
Your in a great place.
KTC will not only cure the lies,
It may save your life.....
ODAAT.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 915
I believe.....

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 01:34:00 AM »
Congrats on joining KTC the best advice I can offer is drink tons of water exercise (if thats your thing ) post roll every damn day and stay true to your word

Quit Proud and Quit Strong

If you need anything I am a pm away

Offline TME

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-04-29
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:03:00 PM »
When I committed to quitting I dumped 6 cans hidden in 5 spots. I always paid cash for dip or added the dip on a gas fill up. Know that there are many on this site that lived a life just like you did. Our screwed up addicted minds will always find a reason why now is not the right time to quit. Prepare for it.

Glad to have you in august. Let's keep each other accountable. IQWYT
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Offline dbh68stang

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 03:24:00 PM »
Yes! My digits are in your Inbox...upper right hand corner of the screen. I quit with you today.

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:18:00 PM »
ekh - really, really glad to see you here. If I stole your intro and did a few minor edits, it would describe me near perfectly.

You nailed posting roll, BTW. The only way to screw it up is to not be on it. Keep making that promise one day at a time, and you'll be shocked how rapidly the hours turn into days, the days turn into weeks, and the weeks turn into months.

Proud to quit with you today!
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline ekh

• Quit Date: 2017-05-17
Finally Fed Up!
« on: May 18, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
Well its day for me today. 5-18

I'm 39 years young, and have been dipping since I was 14. Wow, just typing that pisses me off.

I'm committed to quitting this time. My most recent quit lasted about 2 months back in July of 2016, then a job layoff happened, and there I went, back to the worm dirt. I'm just mainly tired of feeling anxious without a dip. I'm tired of lying to my wife about it, and then her finding it in the toilet when I forgot to flush the dipturd. I'm tired of hiding it in my socks when I leave the house. I'm tired of trying to figure out how I going to dip on my Mexican vacation coming up, when all I'll be wearing are swim trunks and a t-shirt. I'm tired of always finding a new hiding place for my can so that it won't be found. I'm tired of hiding cash in my car to finance my next cancer puck. I'm just tired of being a slave to it in general.

I found this site yesterday, and I committed to this new kind of quit. I haven't ever tried this sort of thing before, but I think I signed roll call correctly. If I didn't, I'm sure someone will let me know.

I look forward to quitting with you guys.

Keep up the good fight! God help me!

-ekh