Author Topic: *Freedom*  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: *Freedom*
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Quote from: 92mav18
Quote from: Nolaq
I'm 34 and have dipped a can and a half of copenhagen for 18yrs. For me this choice is about freedom. I'm sick and tired of needing cope. Do I have a few cans? Do I have somewhere to spit? etc etc. I wish I could be able to do it once in a while cuz hell, its fun. I can't though. One leads to another, and another. I'm an addict.

Fishing, hunting, driving, working, and breakfast are all things I've associated with cope. I cruised through my first two days of quit with little issue besides fog and the dreams and eating everything I can find. Today is the third day and things are getting tougher. Realizing I've lost two credit cards since monday and screwed up a couple things at work, my brain is trying to rationalize that quitting cope aint worth the trouble it's causing in my life. It's a trick. I know it. I posted roll. I wont cave, but this sucks ass
Brother, we know exactly what you're going through.
Some guys will advise against it, but I highly recommend some alternative chews. My personal favorite is Hooch Spitfire. I dipped Cope for 29 years, and the Spitfire gave me a good bite.

If you don't want fake, get some seeds, gum, toothpicks, anything to get that oral fixation taken care of. I had it too. I get it.

Bottom line, keep the nicotine out of your system.

Where did you get the hooch spitfire?

I just tried a wad of shaved coconut+an atomic fireball and it's working but not the easiest thing to grab a pinch of.

-Thanks
92mav,

I feel ya friend. Admitting the addiction is an, "a ha" moment. Congratulations on that confession!

That mindset and change has you ready to do something about your addiction! Post roll every day. This is first an the most important thing you can do. Just post roll and keep a promise. Keep your promise and the wisdom in quit will come.

I know christian's are taught to love their enemies. This is not a person, this is an addiction! If I am wrong, God can hold me accountable. I stand here willing to stand before almighty God and back a friend in addiction. I will take the heat. I want you to hate and fight anyone who promotes tobacco! If tobacco were a human, I would advise a different strategy. This is a noxious weed! You have my permission to hate and fight this enemy. If God holds you accountable, I will accept the error. Simply for the thought....I am right and hate your captor!

Kentucky; I have visited your state. You have more to offer than cancer!! It's a beautiful state. If that is your promotion, fuck off!

92mav...to be successful, You have to hate UST, post roll without exception and call on your true friends to help you think before you act!

Addiction sucks but I would bet on an addict that is healing over any other schmuck!

You are important. You need to have courage and inspiration. You escape because your calling in life is hard.

Stay quit or you will not accomplish your purpose in life. YES this Is REAL and SERIOUS.

Stay quit and smile. Your value in self will come. Just promise to post roll. EVERY DAY. YOU NEVER MISS A DAY TO SAY. "I Promise not to chew"! It will all work out. Just take control of what you need to accomplish today!

Confessed and quit addicts are teaching and valuable. Claim your value by quitting each day you wake.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
I'm 34 and have dipped a can and a half of copenhagen for 18yrs. For me this choice is about freedom. I'm sick and tired of needing cope. Do I have a few cans? Do I have somewhere to spit? etc etc. I wish I could be able to do it once in a while cuz hell, its fun. I can't though. One leads to another, and another. I'm an addict.

Fishing, hunting, driving, working, and breakfast are all things I've associated with cope. I cruised through my first two days of quit with little issue besides fog and the dreams and eating everything I can find. Today is the third day and things are getting tougher. Realizing I've lost two credit cards since monday and screwed up a couple things at work, my brain is trying to rationalize that quitting cope aint worth the trouble it's causing in my life. It's a trick. I know it. I posted roll. I wont cave, but this sucks ass
Some guys will advise against it, but I highly recommend some alternative chews. My personal favorite is Hooch Spitfire. I dipped Cope for 29 years, and the Spitfire gave me a good bite.

If you don't want fake, get some seeds, gum, toothpicks, anything to get that oral fixation taken care of. I had it too. I get it.

I just tried a wad of shaved coconut+an atomic fireball and it's working but not the easiest thing to grab a pinch of.

-Thanks
92mav,

I feel ya friend. Admitting the addiction is an, "a ha" moment. Congratulations on that confession!

That mindset and change has you ready to do something about your addiction! Post roll every day. This is first an the most important thing you can do. Just post roll and keep a promise. Keep your promise and the wisdom in quit will come.

I know christian's are taught to love their enemies. This is not a person, this is an addiction! If I am wrong, God can hold me accountable. I stand here willing to stand before almighty God and back a friend in addiction. I will take the heat. I want you to hate and fight anyone who promotes tobacco! If tobacco were a human, I would advise a different strategy. This is a noxious weed! You have my permission to hate and fight this enemy. If God holds you accountable, I will accept the error. Simply for the thought....I am right and hate your captor!

Kentucky; I have visited your state. You have more to offer than cancer!! It's a beautiful state. If that is your promotion, fuck off!

92mav...to be successful, You have to hate UST, post roll without exception and call on your true friends to help you think before you act!

Addiction sucks but I would bet on an addict that is healing over any other schmuck!

You are important. You need to have courage and inspiration. You escape because your calling in life is hard.

Stay quit or you will not accomplish your purpose in life. YES this Is REAL and SERIOUS.

Stay quit and smile. Your value in self will come. Just promise to post roll. EVERY DAY. YOU NEVER MISS A DAY TO SAY. "I Promise not to chew"! It will all work out. Just take control of what you need to accomplish today!

Confessed and quit addicts are teaching and valuable. Claim your value by quitting each day you wake.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline 92mav18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing! Inshore, offshore, diving, spearfishing, crabbing,
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 04:01:00 PM »

-Thanks

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 03:55:00 PM »
Yep...you're doing it right. I'd only be worried if you checked in on Day 3 and said this was easy. The fog is normal...as is lack of concentration, spelling like Syndrome, and other stupid stuff. (my apologies to Syndrome, of course).

The Nic Bitch is difficult because she you....the addict in you, to be sure. You are pitted against yourself in the fight for your life. She knows exactly what reasons might make you rationalize "one more." She knows when you're weak, she leaves you alone when you're strong. She is sneaky. And there is only ONE way to beat her...QUIT.

Don't make deals with yourself about quitting later. Don't rationalize "one more." Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next month or whatever. Just focus on today...right now. We'll deal with the rest when it gets here. Nothing matters but giving your word and KEEPING IT. Take things ONE DAY AT A TIME and don't get ahead of yourself.

Tell your boss/co-workers what you're doing. You will probably get support. If you don't, fuck 'em. This is YOUR CHOICE and YOUR LIFE. You have made choice so you can have a better life. And that's all that matters, brother!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

If you need help, PM me.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »
Welcome Mavs,

Freedom is sweet but it's not free. Pay the fee by posting up every day and keep that promise to yourself and us. Today, we are free and there is nothing nor anyone that can change that.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 631
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
your rite. it can suck ass. speshully the first cuppel a weeks. some times its a good hard fite for 5 minits and then it gets eezy for a while. man just worry bout today. we can worry bout tomorow when it gets here. i aint worryed bout it today. hell i aint evin worryed bout today. you no why? cuz i made that call when i woke up this mornin. no dip today and i will do what ever it takes to make that happin.

Offline 92mav18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing! Inshore, offshore, diving, spearfishing, crabbing,
*Freedom*
« on: October 30, 2013, 12:55:00 PM »