Author Topic: 10 years dipping  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Highwayman1890

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 10 years dipping
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2015, 10:20:00 AM »
Gmann, I remember you too. And I've gone back through the pages of my last history here and know how much support I got.

what happened is I lost perspective. If you go a year without dipping, all of the sudden cancer isn't so scary, consequences aren't as heavy. In fact if you get really creative you can justify that you haven't done damage in so long, you've got a little time to play with fire again.

So that's what happened. I gave myself too much credit, jumped back on the horse, promised it wouldn't be forever, and since I quit once I can surely quit again on my own now that I know the "ropes" of a quit.

I think we all know how well that turned out.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2015, 11:36:00 PM »
Highway, I remember you. This thread is littered with support for you. What on earth made you think you could have just one?

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2015, 11:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Baylor05
...trying to quit...
We don't try. I know that's probably not what you meant, but words are important. Using the right words will keep you in the proper mindset for quit.

I am quit today. No doubt about it. I ain't trying. I couldn't use today even if I wanted to because I posted roll this morning. Tomorrow will be another day I post roll and quit. I am quit.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2015, 10:17:00 AM »
Hey man.

I am an October 2011 alum. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in November 2011 because I was still licking my wounds from quitting. I know quite a few from your class and they are badass. I believe a few have even made Vegas trips to commemorate their quit anniversaries. This shit sucks but we take solace in each other. That's why this board is so awesome.

The difference between us is that I continued to walk the walk. Yeah. I fucked up my first time here too. But I've been here day in and day out just holding onto the inspiration that is tossed around here. Take a look through this intro. There are some serious badasses that laid some massive knowledge bombs in here. You responded by laying a giant turd.

I'm not mad. You don't have to prove shit to me. You want to be quit then be quit. Just don't waste mine or anybody else's time to just walk away. You can't prove you're back for good to everybody. You're just going to have to show up, walk with your brothers, and stay the fuck quit.

Come on man. You can do this.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2015, 08:16:00 PM »
Combined the two intros. You only get one, and you only get 1 name, too.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2015, 05:47:00 PM »
Quote from: BobcaTexan
This is my second time on the site. I quit back in 2011, made my 100 days, got the accolades, and felt really good about what I'd accomplished (before anyone makes a comment, I'm sorry for another profile--I can't remember my original username and/or the email it was attached to so I'm starting over, but I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking I'm brand new).

After I made that 100 days I fell off the site. Quit engaging, quit posting roll and I was doing really good for months,

Until Dove Season.

So armed with a sense of accomplishment and no accountability I had a dip from a buddy. Then another. That night I bought a can--
and here I am almost 3 years later.

I've been a Ninja too, dipping in bathrooms, while my wife is at work or out of town, or running errands.

It seems that my life revolves around a gold topped can, and while I can't believe it happened again, if I continue to deny it I'll find myself 3 years from now, dealing with the addiction I should have killed in 2011.

There's certainly enough reason to quit. I've been married for a little over a year now to my best friend, and in March we're expecting our first so I have plenty to look forward to in place of filling my mouth with tobacco, but a little denial and a little procrastination make for a virtual treasure trove of excuses and absolution.

Today is the day though.

Had I never left I could have gotten my comma almost a full year ago. Instead, I'm starting at Day 1 again getting ready for the 72 hour withdraw and the inevitable fog that follows.

The reason I'm quit is because I want a life without the specter of mouth/throat/lip cancer, and the reason I'm back is because this site works.

To the new guys reading this message in the throes of withdraw, it will get better. Stay with your quit group, post your name everyday, and participate in the site. It strengthens your bond to your buddies, in turn strengthening your quit.

To the old guard who've read a hundred posts just like mine, you're advice and involvement on the page is what keeps people quit (while they're here). Thanks for keeping this site alive, because prodigals like me need it.

Here's to a new quit.
Well damn highway man,
Let's get this party started. I'm sure you remember the ropes, go to your former and present quit groups answer the 3 questions, drink your kool-aid and man up. There only words and they sure bet the hell out of cancer! I quit with you today my friend!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2015, 05:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Highwayman1890
(from former BobcaTexan)

Guys

Thanks for the words and the advice.

1. My Wife knows I've been dipping for awhile. While she doesn't know the extent of dipping or how often, she isn't under the impression I quit.
2. I posted in my Original group. It's like a nostalgic kick in the face to see my name there--Thanks to King for finding what I couldn't.

Awesome job and I like the message in that post. Post in there with them everyday as well as your December 2015 group. The farther your tentacles are spread, the less likely you will be to fall away again.

You're welcome on finding the old username. It was really pretty simple, I just searched "Bobcats" in 2011. Lo and behold Highwayman1890 rooted for the TSU Bobcats as well in 2011. Like I said before, couldn't be too many of you. I wish I could say it was more impressive than that, but it wasn't.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Highwayman1890

• Quitter
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »
(from former BobcaTexan)

Guys

Thanks for the words and the advice.

1. My Wife knows I've been dipping for awhile. While she doesn't know the extent of dipping or how often, she isn't under the impression I quit.
2. I posted in my Original group. It's like a nostalgic kick in the face to see my name there--Thanks to King for finding what I couldn't.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »
Bump for possible merge with BobcaTexan.
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Good work on coming clean. I have been through KTC and also failed. But I just ticked over my 1 year quit date and now looking towards tomorrow and 400.

What will you do differently this time? Sounds like you know a lot of the KTC koolaid but will you do what you preach?

Also, it is time to get this bandaid off and tell the MRS, tell her about the site and that you are an addict.

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
After some research it appears that your username may have been Highwayman1890. His favorite team was also the Texas State Bobcats, and let's be honest, can't be too many of them. Kidding aside, I bet your November 2011 brothers would be interested to hear from you.

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
I think you've figured out why you caved. You left the brotherhood and accountability behind. I think oen of the first things you need to do is find your original group and apologize to them. You let them down.

I quit with you.

Semper Fi
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2015, 04:12:00 PM »
Yes good luck. Thanks for coming clean, and hope you can stay quit. I too fell back into it after about 7 months nic free about 5 years ago. You can do it

Offline BobcaTexan

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2015, 03:39:00 PM »
Andre already posted in December.

Offline Andre the Grande

• Quitter
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »
Better go post roll in December. somekne will help you figure your username thing out
6/1/15=quit.  “The lesser of evil is still evil” Jerry Garcia