Author Topic: 100 days on January 2  (Read 955 times)

Offline bradf

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-05
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 100 days on January 2
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 08:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Robb79
Quote from: Thumblewort
Solid intro, but not sure why you have cheesehead colors on? Real Michigan dudes wear Blue and Silver, or Green and White. I quit with you regardless of bad taste in football teams.
Sorry man, I'm either in Green and Gold or Maize and Blue. Although I'm pretty fond of Brown and Gold too.

Saw you're from TC. We moved down to NC from there. I graduated from the Maritime Academy up there.
Robb,
I am in the November 14 group and here in NC as well, going to shoot you my info on a PM. Reach out if you want/need to. Solid intro in my opinion, now buckle down and get ready for the roughest and most beneficial ride you could ever take.

BradF

Offline Robb79

• Quit Date: 2014-09-24
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Solid intro, but not sure why you have cheesehead colors on? Real Michigan dudes wear Blue and Silver, or Green and White. I quit with you regardless of bad taste in football teams.
Sorry man, I'm either in Green and Gold or Maize and Blue. Although I'm pretty fond of Brown and Gold too.

Saw you're from TC. We moved down to NC from there. I graduated from the Maritime Academy up there.
Staying quit with the rest of January
kmfioc, Frosty 179, rocky25579, Sir Psycho, tshane313

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 03:42:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Southpaw32
Your wife needs to throw that stuff out. Leave no bridges intact, burn them all.

Looks like you're here for the right reasons so welcome to rest of your life man!
Quote from: wikipedia
The point of no return is the point beyond which one must continue on one's current course of action because turning back is physically impossible, prohibitively expensive or dangerous. A particular irreversible action (e.g., setting off an explosion or signing a contract) can be a point of no return, but the point of no return can also be a calculated point during a continuous action (such as in aviation).
In the past, invaders of foreign lands often arrived via boat. These were scared young soldiers, and many of them just didn't want to die. In order to assure that his soldiers would give their all in battle, commanding officers have "burned the fleet" of ships that brought them. There was no way home. This was their new home. They lived as conquerors, or they died on the battle fields. No second guessing. No choice.

Just straight ahead survival.

And that's where you are right now.

You need to survive. There is no looking back. There is no spazzing out. Nope. Head on. Focus. Quit.

I'm going to let you on to a little secret: YOU DON'T NEED THE WEED..

You don't, and you can live without it.
Welcome,
Glad you could make it today. It is good to see someone who wants to get their life back.
My advice: read alot, post alot, drink alot of water, deal with everything head on. Ask for advice, or find the answer in the thousands of pages here at KTC.
You can do this, If I can, then YOU know that YOU CAN!
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
Quote from: Southpaw32
Your wife needs to throw that stuff out. Leave no bridges intact, burn them all.

Looks like you're here for the right reasons so welcome to rest of your life man!
Quote from: wikipedia
The point of no return is the point beyond which one must continue on one's current course of action because turning back is physically impossible, prohibitively expensive or dangerous. A particular irreversible action (e.g., setting off an explosion or signing a contract) can be a point of no return, but the point of no return can also be a calculated point during a continuous action (such as in aviation).
In the past, invaders of foreign lands often arrived via boat. These were scared young soldiers, and many of them just didn't want to die. In order to assure that his soldiers would give their all in battle, commanding officers have "burned the fleet" of ships that brought them. There was no way home. This was their new home. They lived as conquerors, or they died on the battle fields. No second guessing. No choice.

Just straight ahead survival.

And that's where you are right now.

You need to survive. There is no looking back. There is no spazzing out. Nope. Head on. Focus. Quit.

I'm going to let you on to a little secret: YOU DON'T NEED THE WEED..

You don't, and you can live without it.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Southpaw32

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-28
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »

Dip kills. If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life.

Floor: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Good stuff, Robb. You're here for all the right reasons, and plenty more that you probably haven't even discovered yet.

The next few days and weeks are going to suck - there's just no way to sugarcoat that. Keep posting roll first thing every day, start swapping digits (I'd be happy to give you mine), and read everything you can on the site. Beyond that, embrace the suck. Let all of that nasty shit worm its way on out, and relish the fact that this is the last time you will ever post a Day 1 again.

I quit with you today.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Great intro, almost a HOF speech at the same time. Proud to quit with you buddy, you hit the nail on the head.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 08:47:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Robb79

• Quit Date: 2014-09-24
100 days on January 2
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:38:00 AM »
I've posted in the January 2015 group, but wanted to give an introduction for those who don't go there. I'm a married father or two, one of each. The girl is a few months over 3 years and the boy is a few months shy of 1 year. I'm living in North Carolina but grew up in Michigan and have lived all over (Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and various places through the military). I'm an army vet, having served in Germany with the Big Red One (field artillery). After that I sailed as a Merchant Mariner, working as a civilian for the Department of the Navy, which was essentially my dream job; however, once my little girl came I decided it was time to hit the beach. I'm now a Foreman with CSX Railroad. One thing that sucks about trying to quit here is everyone uses tobacco of some sort.

I've been dipping for 15 or 16 years now. I was a smoker when I started, but gave that up about 6 years ago. I've tried quitting before on my own. It's one of those things that's part of me. I almost always have a dip or pouch in, unless I'm sleeping or eating. That doesn't mean I'm proud of it. I was able to hide it from my wife for the year we dated. The fact I felt I needed to hide it should have told me something. She found out not long after we got married. about a month after we got married I had to leave for 9 months of training. We were setting up Skype on our laptops, her in the living room and me in the bedroom. I didn't realize my can had fallen out of my pocket until an hour or so later when she threw it at me and told me I was lucky she loved me. She came to tolerate it, partly because I used pouches at home to keep it "clean."

Why I'm quitting:

FOR MY HEALTH -
The nasty yellow stained teeth
Receding gums
Brown tongue
That brief freak out moment every time I get a canker sore, worrying it's cancer
The gag after swallowing spit (without something to wash it down) or accidently swallowing a full dip
I really don't want to die or lose half my face or half my stomach to this shit

SOCIALLY -
The looks I get from strangers, judging me when I pop one in
That special look only a Dental Hygienist or Dentist can give you (followed by "the talk")
Keeping a spit can at my desk
That vomit like smell that fills my truck after I forget to cap a spit bottle and it sits in the sun all day

FOR MY FAMILY -
If I can give up on my dream job to see my kids first steps, first words, first day of school, and all those other firsts; I can give this shit up to see them grow up into the awesome people I know they'll be
My little girl grabbing for my can saying she wants to try some of Daddy's candy
Going to kiss my wife and having her complain about my breath, or simply refusing
I can set a better example than this for my kids

I'm sure there's plenty more, but I'm running out of time. Really need to get back to work.

Look forward to meeting you all.
Staying quit with the rest of January
kmfioc, Frosty 179, rocky25579, Sir Psycho, tshane313