Author Topic: Finally hate it  (Read 771 times)

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Finally hate it
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »
ployglot1812,

First  foremost, you're far from being alone. You've made a very wise decision in joining us on this journey. The road is tough but so are you. Now you gotta OWN IT. Go  post in the August 2015 QUIT group. I'll send you a PM w/ my digits right now.

Offline polyglot1812

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2105-04-24
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 02:22:00 PM »
Thanks, everyone. I think what has helped the most so far is just knowing how many others have had the same or similar experiences and back-stories.

I haven't gotten a PM regarding my quit group instructions, but I do now have permissions to post in this board so I'll try to see if I can post roll call in the right place :-)

Offline HipHopAnonymous

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-29
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 02:18:00 PM »
Quote from: polyglot1812
Hi, I'm Matthew. Posted my first couple "check-ins" on the main blog page. I'll force myself to make this quick as I have a tendency to get long-winded...

Started dipping my sophomore year in college, which was 24 years ago now. Yikes! So many times I've promised myself I'd quit to mark some "milestone". Our wedding, our son's birth, new job, etc. Just a series of broken promises to myself over the years. Finally got to the point where I hated the power this shit had exercised over EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of my life for nearly a quarter century. I loved the dip, but hated being a dipper.

My last Kodiak was 4/24/15. I am just now starting to enjoy not being a slave. And I'm starting to enjoy doing activities that used to be "dip opportunities" without needing that bear along for the ride.
Time to break those chains! Before you would try to quit for an event. Now its time to quit for you. Start by posting roll and meeting you fellow quitters. We all know exactly what you are going though.

Hold on tight. Ride is a little bumpy. Ask questions. Plenty of vets on here that know the ropes. Be active, or don't. Whatever works for you. A couple guys in my group went fishing together a week or two ago.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
25 year former dipper here. Found this place and I'm a week away from being quit for a year. I'm no different than you. Stupid decisions years after year to keep chewing. Not so much as a decision but a lack of making the right one that made on Apr 24th.

You've almost made it through the suck, it takes nic roughly 72 hours to get flushed from your system. You should still be drinking water in shit tons. The fog is next which is a slightly nicer degree of the confusion you are feeling now. But it gets better, way better.

To get maximum value, join others in your same quit month and post a day 5 in August 2015. We'll be looking for you. You're here to quit. Take full advantage and you will never regret it for a millisecond.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Hating it is a vital part of quitting. Have you considered joining this website and not face your quit alone? Check out the Welcome Center thread. I couldn't have quit without being held accountable every day.
i agree with thumble! Your story sounds like countless others' on this site. Posting roll is our daily promise not tobuse nicotine. It makes quitting/taking back control a daily decision.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Hating it is a vital part of quitting. Have you considered joining this website and not face your quit alone? Check out the Welcome Center thread. I couldn't have quit without being held accountable every day.
Welcome Matthew! I agree with Thumble. Let your hate for nicotine grow. Its good quit fuel. Also building a support web here makes everything so much easier. You can do this if you want it bad enough. You sound like you are ready. So lets go! Post Roll.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 10:16:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline polyglot1812

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2105-04-24
Finally hate it
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
Hi, I'm Matthew. Posted my first couple "check-ins" on the main blog page. I'll force myself to make this quick as I have a tendency to get long-winded...

Started dipping my sophomore year in college, which was 24 years ago now. Yikes! So many times I've promised myself I'd quit to mark some "milestone". Our wedding, our son's birth, new job, etc. Just a series of broken promises to myself over the years. Finally got to the point where I hated the power this shit had exercised over EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of my life for nearly a quarter century. I loved the dip, but hated being a dipper.

My last Kodiak was 4/24/15. I am just now starting to enjoy not being a slave. And I'm starting to enjoy doing activities that used to be "dip opportunities" without needing that bear along for the ride.