Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 48591 times)

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
I can totally relate bout pissed myself when I read "didnt bitch slap anyone today"...holy shit if I would have been allowed to bitch slap everyone I thought that needed it in my first 10 days my arms would have been worn out. keep up the good quit.
qfl brother
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
10 days. Cold turkey, no fake stuff. Fog is gone. I actually slept more than 4 hours and didn't wake up sweating my wife outa the bed. Didn't bitch slap anyone but the nic bitch no matter how irritable I was/am at times. All you vets have harped on the One Day At A Time mindset... I freakin' get that today. It's one thing to hear it and understand it from an intellectual standpoint... Something else altogether when your sanity and health depend on UNDERSTANDING it! I can do it again today. I feel better, feel sharper, feel like I'm more "present" in every conversation or interaction. That kicks ass. Extra bene... 10 days, 2 cans/day @$6... I didn't pay the Bitch $120 out of my family's needs. Today... I QLF!!
Beautiful. The plan is coming together.
Congratulations, brother.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
10 days. Cold turkey, no fake stuff. Fog is gone. I actually slept more than 4 hours and didn't wake up sweating my wife outa the bed. Didn't bitch slap anyone but the nic bitch no matter how irritable I was/am at times. All you vets have harped on the One Day At A Time mindset... I freakin' get that today. It's one thing to hear it and understand it from an intellectual standpoint... Something else altogether when your sanity and health depend on UNDERSTANDING it! I can do it again today. I feel better, feel sharper, feel like I'm more "present" in every conversation or interaction. That kicks ass. Extra bene... 10 days, 2 cans/day @$6... I didn't pay the Bitch $120 out of my family's needs. Today... I QLF!!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
My two cents...you may have read them on here before...

"One day at a time" is your new way of life. The thought of "quitting forever" was (almost) overwhelming at 5 to 7 weeks. My thoughts would jump ahead to that first Thanksgiving, Christmas, fishing trip, etc. (insert milestone). I just didn't believe in myself...and the self-doubt made it even worse.

Then I came across the same old words I'd seen here a million times...ONE DAY AT A TIME.

See, nobody is asking you to "quit forever." Quitting forever is hard...really hard. So, don't try to do it. In fact, don't even think about tomorrow, next week, next year, etc. We'll figure those out when they get here. You just get through today. Anybody can go one day, right?

Don't worry about what you can't control. You can't change the past...forget it. The future isn't here yet...forget it. Just worry about today. Post roll, give us your word, and fight like Hell to keep it. That's all there is to it.

Like that joke about how to eat an elephant...one bite at a time. How are you going to stay quit? One day at a time.

You can do this, brother!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Thank you, bro! I do get your point loud and clear. I will not take for granted some of the things that come easy. I will gear up for a fight, I will gear up for bad days, I will reach out for help or a kick in the ass. 25 years is a serious addiction... I screwed with my health and every aspect of my personality. KTC is a blessing/lifeline and I WILL honor my quit and quit group. Thanks for your example...
'clap' 'clap' 'clap'

Nicely said, AppleJack!! Excellent attitude.

I agree with everything KC Bronco said.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
Thank you, bro! I do get your point loud and clear. I will not take for granted some of the things that come easy. I will gear up for a fight, I will gear up for bad days, I will reach out for help or a kick in the ass. 25 years is a serious addiction... I screwed with my health and every aspect of my personality. KTC is a blessing/lifeline and I WILL honor my quit and quit group. Thanks for your example...

Offline KC Bronco

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family time, Bass & Catfish fishing, golf, coaching baseball, drinking beer with friends and family, reading World War II books, Denver Broncos and Kansas Jayhawks
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Hang in there Apple Jack. I'm a 25 year addict and on Day 148 of my Quit. You must keep your guard up at all times. What's crazy for me....I found the first 5 days to be the easiest. Everyone has different experiences...It was around day 60 or 70 when I about lost it. The first few days were like..."Look at me...I'm quit! Kodiak is a pussy. I'm kicking the can's ass. I don't use tobacco anymore".....and then about 5-7 weeks later The Nic Bitch dug her claws into me and begged me to come back. She still begs me to come back. I miss her a lot.....But I will NOT FUCKING CHEW ANY MORE!

Just had to vent a little...You get the point right? Keep it up. This shit is hard but so worth it. I have a 8 year old son and 6 year old daughter. They need me. I don't need Kodiak anymore.

Good luck buddy. I know you can do it. KC Bronco
?People want to see the car crash instead of the race. But, when you're the one in the car that's crashing, it's not much fun. I'm enjoying the race.?
? Nikki Sixx, Motley Crue

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2013, 02:16:00 AM »
Thanks guys. Despite being ass-tired... I feel liberated. Does that make sense? I was driving home from work to pick up my daughter at school today. It's the first time, ever, that I didn't worry about getting there on time because I didn't "have" to pick up a tin or two. It hit me how pathetic that was. How truly depraved and pathetic that I thought of that crap first. Damn. Not anymore. Not. Anymore. 7 days quit today. Many more to come...

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 08:16:00 AM »
I used for 25 years guys. Last thing before bed was a big ol' security blanket dip. So, I know exactly why sleep is screwy. I'm gonna try the melatonin and herbal teas... Anything! I do realize I can't undo in 6 days what I just spent 25 years screwing up. Thanks for the positive and the patience you all dish out. Proud to be 5 days quit!
Hey AJ -

another point - in your early quit your body is physically fighting, so you will get tired. Even though the sleep at night may be messed up a little if you can go ahead and take cat naps during the day. This will help as you gain that rest time.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 10:52:00 PM »
I used for 25 years guys. Last thing before bed was a big ol' security blanket dip. So, I know exactly why sleep is screwy. I'm gonna try the melatonin and herbal teas... Anything! I do realize I can't undo in 6 days what I just spent 25 years screwing up. Thanks for the positive and the patience you all dish out. Proud to be 5 days quit!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Day 4... Doing better than I thought I would ever be doing. Sleep though!? Holy Lord, I need some sleep! Between the fog (which isn't too bad) and the lack of sleep, I'm even more useless and funk'd out. Sleeping pills, sleep aids... Good idea or bad idea?
Applejack,, glad to have you aboard. My two cents which, isn't much I tell you. I had such a rough time sleeping my first couple weeks. I tried benadrill (spelling all fudged up) which didn't work. I didn't try anything else. I have heard before that nyquil works.
Apple jack the first couple weeks are just seriously jacked up, but things get so much better as the days stack up. I don't know how long you used,, but your mind has to rewire which takes time and unfortunately sleep is one thing the mind does not do well when rewiring after using nicotine for unteen years.
I'm on day 66 and my sleep is fine now,,, as a matter of fact it's better than ever.
Push through this,, keep your quit close, everything gets better one day at a time. Glad to be quit with you.
I used melatonin. The main concern is staying quit.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 09:07:00 AM »
Day 4... Doing better than I thought I would ever be doing. Sleep though!? Holy Lord, I need some sleep! Between the fog (which isn't too bad) and the lack of sleep, I'm even more useless and funk'd out. Sleeping pills, sleep aids... Good idea or bad idea?
Applejack,, glad to have you aboard. My two cents which, isn't much I tell you. I had such a rough time sleeping my first couple weeks. I tried benadrill (spelling all fudged up) which didn't work. I didn't try anything else. I have heard before that nyquil works.
Apple jack the first couple weeks are just seriously jacked up, but things get so much better as the days stack up. I don't know how long you used,, but your mind has to rewire which takes time and unfortunately sleep is one thing the mind does not do well when rewiring after using nicotine for unteen years.
I'm on day 66 and my sleep is fine now,,, as a matter of fact it's better than ever.
Push through this,, keep your quit close, everything gets better one day at a time. Glad to be quit with you.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 08:56:00 AM »
Day 2... Nic Bitch rode me hard today and the crave wave was deep. Just like I knew it would be. But on this site... Good people, good advice, no bullshit, truth, determination. I will do this... You will too. Day2... I quit today!
Congrats, great job. You need to limit your intro to 1 thread so you can look back on it.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline AppleJack

• Master of Quit
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 12:59:00 AM »
Day 2... Nic Bitch rode me hard today and the crave wave was deep. Just like I knew it would be. But on this site... Good people, good advice, no bullshit, truth, determination. I will do this... You will too. Day2... I quit today!