Author Topic: Day 1... I quit  (Read 47057 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 1... I quit
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 02:34:00 PM »
There is no need for me to add anything else except you have my support. Pm me if you need anything.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
All the advise you have gotten thus far is great now here is another perspective to make sure you look at.....

Quit for you and nobody else......... sounds simple but there is more to it.

Quitting for you is being very selfish but also the best way to maintain your good relations with wife and/or kids or even co-workers, the mind tells you that your quitting for your wife  family which if things get tough you may start to resent them.......

Quit for you have the determination for you and let everone else enjoy the better person you will become.

Grizzly25 out......

Message me if you need numbers or any other help brother, tough days come and go but resolve  determination = QUIT!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
Welcome AJ,

NotDead got you going...click on the Welcome Center Link, learn how to post roll. That is the key. Then give your word that you won't have anything to do with nicotine today. Read all you can. "One day at a time" is your new focus. Don't worry about tomorrow, next week or whatever...we'll deal with those things when they get here. Today is the only thing that matters. And anybody can go one day, right?

You took the first step. We've got your back the rest of the way. Rage, rant, do whatever you have to...but no more nicotine. Embrace the suck. That shitty feeling is actually wonderful...it is the feeling of freedom!

Cold turkey is the way to go. YOU CAN DO THIS, brother!!!

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
Hold onto that fear and never forget. Click on the pink Welcome Center above left and sign on Roll. You will be in the July 2013 "Cornhole Fucksticks" quit group. They really could use a little help picking a better name.

Welcome to Club Freedom!
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
Day 1... I quit
« on: April 17, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Here it is... day 1 of my quit. Been at this for 25 years, 2 cans a day at least. I'm tired, man. Tired of needing, tired of sneaking, tired of knowing my wife thinks just a li'l bit less of me, tired of hoping to be around for my daughter, tired of a ridiculous weed running my life... DONE!!!! Am I terrified? Yup.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.