Author Topic: Hello  (Read 625 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
Congrats on your HOF day.
Cheers to 101!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
Kicking ass buddy keep it up! Proud to do this with you!
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 03:21:00 PM »
Double digits Birdy!!
Love it!
Keep it up!!
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Cope30
Quote from: WildBirds
Thanks everyone. feeling a bit foggy today. vision sucks, can't maintain focus. Feel like a nap would be beneficial. Oddly enough, I don't want a real chew. Anyway, I'm in for the long haul. No more reliance on tobacco, not now not ever. I'm in it with all of you.
Peace,
WB
Congrats on the quit WB.
The fog and all related quit issues suck, over time it does get better.
This site and all the BAD ASS QUITTERS can help you in your times of need, exchange some digits, it will help.
Proud to be quit with you.

Cope 446
congrats and welcome to the site.
stay connected. way to go, keep posting roll daily/

Here are some links that will help you get started with us on this site:

New Quitter Hints and Helps
http://www.killthecan.org/heres-how-you ... court-now/

How to post roll video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBoCAii ... e=youtu.be

or how to post roll from written directions
topic/1003072/1/

http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/wha ... t-dipping/

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2016, 02:47:00 PM »
Thanks everyone. feeling a bit foggy today. vision sucks, can't maintain focus. Feel like a nap would be beneficial. Oddly enough, I don't want a real chew. Anyway, I'm in for the long haul. No more reliance on tobacco, not now not ever. I'm in it with all of you.
Peace,
WB
Congrats on the quit WB.
The fog and all related quit issues suck, over time it does get better.
This site and all the BAD ASS QUITTERS can help you in your times of need, exchange some digits, it will help.
Proud to be quit with you.

Cope 446
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Maverick705
Hey WildBirds. I'm also in your quit group, just joined yesterday and committed to staying quit with everyone in this group. Previous quits for me led to a poor attitude, negativity, anger, etc. just like yourself. Then one day I came across a book called Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. I know it says smoking but it's geared towards all tobacco. It completely changed my mindset on quitting tobacco and it helped take away the negative feelings that I had associated with quitting. It's a free PDF book online and I highly suggest checking it out. Of course, reading the book alone didn't quite do the trick, so that's why I'm here. I will post roll daily and renew my promise to stay off nicotine alongside you and everyone else. Let's do this!
That's a great book! Another one that really helped me was "Freedom from Nicotine, The Journey Home" by John R. Polito. Also free download. Understanding our addiction really helps in quitting. Nice work! Welcome to KTC.
Both of these ^^^ were great reads, adn really helped.

Keep up the great attitude Wild B's! The more you put into building the quit, the more momentum you have to keep you clean!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Wildbirds

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anything outdoors, especially if it involves a fly rod or firearm, watching my son grow into a young man and a fierce competitor, and just hanging out with my wife.Life, after all, is a hobby, right?
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »
Peace,
WB

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 10:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Maverick705
Hey WildBirds. I'm also in your quit group, just joined yesterday and committed to staying quit with everyone in this group. Previous quits for me led to a poor attitude, negativity, anger, etc. just like yourself. Then one day I came across a book called Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. I know it says smoking but it's geared towards all tobacco. It completely changed my mindset on quitting tobacco and it helped take away the negative feelings that I had associated with quitting. It's a free PDF book online and I highly suggest checking it out. Of course, reading the book alone didn't quite do the trick, so that's why I'm here. I will post roll daily and renew my promise to stay off nicotine alongside you and everyone else. Let's do this!
That's a great book! Another one that really helped me was "Freedom from Nicotine, The Journey Home" by John R. Polito. Also free download. Understanding our addiction really helps in quitting. Nice work! Welcome to KTC.

Offline Maverick705

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 53
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 07:52:00 PM »

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »
Thanks tljent79. I suppose I'm a bit scared since I found a sore in my cheek last night that wasn't there yesterday morning. So hopefully it's only a remnant of a turd. Almost feels like I jabbed my gum with a toothbrush but I don't remember doing that. I've been down and out sick with the stomach flu for the last couple days so not sure what the hell went on for about 36 hours except for the fact that I know I didn't have a chew! That's kind of what made my mind up to quit. half the 72 hours without nicotine was done. Now I just need this sore to heal up and go away. I'll rinse with some hydrogen peroxide tonight and see how it feels tomorrow. Going to beat this sh$t today!
Thanks again, tlj
WB
Don't worry about that just yet it's more than likely just a sore. You will more than likely notice more sores as you begin to heal. Any time you have a question come on in and ask away.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Wildbirds

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anything outdoors, especially if it involves a fly rod or firearm, watching my son grow into a young man and a fierce competitor, and just hanging out with my wife.Life, after all, is a hobby, right?
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 05:14:00 PM »
Thanks tljent79. I suppose I'm a bit scared since I found a sore in my cheek last night that wasn't there yesterday morning. So hopefully it's only a remnant of a turd. Almost feels like I jabbed my gum with a toothbrush but I don't remember doing that. I've been down and out sick with the stomach flu for the last couple days so not sure what the hell went on for about 36 hours except for the fact that I know I didn't have a chew! That's kind of what made my mind up to quit. half the 72 hours without nicotine was done. Now I just need this sore to heal up and go away. I'll rinse with some hydrogen peroxide tonight and see how it feels tomorrow. Going to beat this sh$t today!
Thanks again, tlj
WB

Offline tljent79

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-11-02
  • Interests: Spending time with my family, being outdoors, music, & traveling.
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 03:59:00 PM »
I'm in your quit group. Welcome and look forward to getting to know you as we head through the first 100 days. I've stopped dipping a few times too but after 20+ years I'm ready to get it over with. God knows what's in that garbage. The best thing I've read here so far is someone referring to a dip as a "lip turd." It made me laugh and took away some of my day 1 anxiety.
"I'd like to think of myself as the flavor of the decade." - Ron Paul

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
go here to post roll

February 17 Quit Group

click quote at the bottom which is the last post, click in the bottom box with writing, ctrl a, ctrl c, ctrl x then go to the empty box above and ctrl v, there enter your name and current days quit. and select post. don't worry about messing anything up.

and if anyone has better instructions please add
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Prohunter

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing and quittin everday...
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 03:54:00 PM »
Hello everyone.
I've quit chew before and fell into the same trap as many others, just one dip won't hurt. And this was after 8 years off the stuff. Well, 15 years later, I'm back on the quitting game again. I remember the shitty way I felt, the cravings, the piss poor attitude I had during the first two weeks when I went cold turkey. I'm in almost 3 days now and really don't feel too bad. Might go easier this go around, but we'll see how today ends up before looking at tomorrow. I see some who have chewed a can (or two) a day for xx years, and while I've chewed for a lot of years, I've at most chewed a can in two days, typically a can every 4-5 days. Nonetheless, poison is poison. So, here we go on this wild ride yet again, but guarantee this will be the only time. I never had this support group last time and from what I've read so far, I'm impressed. So here's to a bunch of quitters. cowboy I'm honored to be here with you all.
Fire the days off one at a time. Keep busy and don't let the shit run your life.
WildBirds
Welcome friend,
This is the place to be to quit, first, last and only support you will need to quit.

Have you posted roll yet?

Offline Wildbirds

• Quitter
Hello
« on: November 02, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
Hello everyone.
I've quit chew before and fell into the same trap as many others, just one dip won't hurt. And this was after 8 years off the stuff. Well, 15 years later, I'm back on the quitting game again. I remember the shitty way I felt, the cravings, the piss poor attitude I had during the first two weeks when I went cold turkey. I'm in almost 3 days now and really don't feel too bad. Might go easier this go around, but we'll see how today ends up before looking at tomorrow. I see some who have chewed a can (or two) a day for xx years, and while I've chewed for a lot of years, I've at most chewed a can in two days, typically a can every 4-5 days. Nonetheless, poison is poison. So, here we go on this wild ride yet again, but guarantee this will be the only time. I never had this support group last time and from what I've read so far, I'm impressed. So here's to a bunch of quitters. cowboy I'm honored to be here with you all.
Fire the days off one at a time. Keep busy and don't let the shit run your life.
WildBirds