Author Topic: .  (Read 430 times)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: 2nd Time Quit
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:00 PM »
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: GForce
Glad to find your site. I chewed for 8 years since senior year in high school. Got married and promised wife I would quit when first kid was born. I went on nicotine patch for a week...quit for 16 years. 16 years...completely tobacco free. Now three kids...all play competitive sports. Three years ago, one of the dads offered me a dip at a game...boom! Three years of chewing again. Really surprised how fast it grabbed me. I hid from family...but they all knew I dipped. I went on nicotine patch a couple weeks ago for a few days, as I did last time, and have no plans to go back. I do recall knowing I had passed the anxiety level is when I stopped looking at cans behind cashier or paying attention to the price of Copenhagen. It was way more fun being tobacco free.
Ditch the patch and come back...join your quit group. This is a nicotine free site...no patch, no tobacco, no nicotine any form. I can direct you after you have dumped the patch.
Like Schaef says. Welcome, if you drop the patch. No Nic. I'll be glad to really quit with you. I went for a while with gum before I realized it's reallly cold turkey if you want it to stick. Did the patch and/or gum countless times over the years prior, it never stuck. This site can help you break free- it's hard and you have to fight for it though.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2nd Time Quit
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »
Quote from: GForce
Glad to find your site. I chewed for 8 years since senior year in high school. Got married and promised wife I would quit when first kid was born. I went on nicotine patch for a week...quit for 16 years. 16 years...completely tobacco free. Now three kids...all play competitive sports. Three years ago, one of the dads offered me a dip at a game...boom! Three years of chewing again. Really surprised how fast it grabbed me. I hid from family...but they all knew I dipped. I went on nicotine patch a couple weeks ago for a few days, as I did last time, and have no plans to go back. I do recall knowing I had passed the anxiety level is when I stopped looking at cans behind cashier or paying attention to the price of Copenhagen. It was way more fun being tobacco free.
Ditch the patch and come back...join your quit group. This is a nicotine free site...no patch, no tobacco, no nicotine any form. I can direct you after you have dumped the patch.

Offline RedZoneDad

• Quitter
  • Clear eyes, full heart.....stay quit
  • Quit Date: 03.07.19
  • Likes Given: 38
« on: October 17, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:20:38 PM by RedZone Dad »