Author Topic: (Bump)  (Read 432 times)

Offline Mjfleming2001

• Quit Date: 2019-01-03
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: (Bump)
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:32:00 PM »
Thank you for the info.
I have been a dipper for about 11 years. Now 2 days in as a quitter.
Married, from MA, spent 8 years in USMC now at a desk job and it reinforces how badly I needed to quit. Love the support I've seen so far on the page.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: (Bump)
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 08:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Mjfleming2001
What does it mean when someone writes (bump) next to your name in the discussions?
Somebody else was posting roll at the same time you were. So you were accidentally "bumped" off roll. Somebody else probably came back later and fixed it by putting your name and day count back into roll, and acknowledged that you had been bumped.

New groups often have traffic jams around the time people are waking up and posting roll. The best thing to do is to click the refresh button on your browser, and look on the bottom left to see if anyone else is posting. Sometimes you have to wait, or come back later. If you're short on time you can just add a reply (don't copy the previous roll) with your name and day count and ask for somebody to pick you up, or add your name when traffic has died down.

Welcome! Tell us a bit about yourself.

Offline Mjfleming2001

• Quit Date: 2019-01-03
  • Likes Given: 0
(Bump)
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:43:00 AM »
What does it mean when someone writes (bump) next to your name in the discussions?