Author Topic: I quit 12 hours ago.  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
Re: I quit 12 hours ago.
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 08:53:00 PM »
Quote from: MikeyMcD
Have had a full can in my pocket all day, and will keep one with me, but I will not take another dip !!
^^^^ This is the one thing I remember about MikeyMcD's introduction. Since he hasn't posted roll it makes me think he "broke the glass" on that can in his pocket.

Offline DWEIRICK

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Volunteer Firefighter/EMT - Conductor/Engineer for Lycoming Valley Railroad - Shooting guns, Fishing and time with my family!
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2015, 08:27:00 PM »
Quote from: ChristopherJ
'Remshot'
Where are you Mikey?
'Popcorn'

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 07:00:00 AM »
'Remshot'
Where are you Mikey?
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline MikeyMcD

• Quit Date: 2015-09-21
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
'Remshot'

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-02
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
Wow, sorry I started the storm ..... had a tough day today, but I'm still quit. Didn't plan my quit, though I had thought of it from time to time. I always knew deep down that I would never be successful at dropping the habit until I truly wanted too. Yesterday, it seemed right, I finally wanted to quit... and so I did.

I appreciate the advice from the guys who "have been there and done that". Like I said, I decided to quit, and then looked around for advice/support.

Made it through my first day back on the factory floor, physically craving the stuff with every fiber of my being earlier today.
It was my bad Mikey. Congrats on day 1. Just say no one day at time.
Man up and be a quitter ODAAT. Post Roll EDD. It works.

ODAAT: One Day At A Time
EDD: Every Damn Day

Offline MikeyMcD

• Quit Date: 2015-09-21
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
Wow, sorry I started the storm ..... had a tough day today, but I'm still quit. Didn't plan my quit, though I had thought of it from time to time. I always knew deep down that I would never be successful at dropping the habit until I truly wanted too. Yesterday, it seemed right, I finally wanted to quit... and so I did.

I appreciate the advice from the guys who "have been there and done that". Like I said, I decided to quit, and then looked around for advice/support.

Made it through my first day back on the factory floor, physically craving the stuff with every fiber of my being earlier today.

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: FranPro
Quote from: invader
Quote from: Mike23mx
ha. You guys are right. I didn't quit the way I said I did. I guess I'm wrong. I'll have to figure out WTF I've been doing for the last 52 days. Maybe I should go get a can, dip for a few days so I can do it the right way like you guys say it has to be done.
Yikes! That's quite the strawman you've built there. No one said you didn't quit, and...I'm not even going to dignify the rest of that ridiculous statement with a response.

I continue to be stunned that no part of you sees the possible danger in an addict keeping a substance he or she abuses in their home or on their person. No one was attacking YOU, they were attacking your method, which DOES fly in the face of the way this site works. Here we dump our cans, and we quit cold turkey. That is how it's done here. You have garnered our attention because what you are saying contradicts the proven method we use here. Is it the only path to quit? Of course not. Is it what we do here, and what we preach? YES. This is KillTheCan, not KeepTheCan.

So, it should not come as a shock when people speak up in strong disagreement when someone is going around saying "do what works for you". The truth is, most people who try to quit don't know what works for them. That is why they come here - out of a lack of knowing what works. We offer something that does work if you believe in it. So no, I don't think telling addicts to do what works for them is a good idea. I'd rather tell them to do what has worked for the thousands of people here who have been quit for months and years.

I'll tell you where I and the others are coming from. If you quit by keeping a can around, fine, but realize that's an anomaly. Realize that there is no shortage of people who have come here, refused to flush their cans, and a few months after being quit, end up posting a day one.
Mike has already caved in his head today, so now it's just a matter of time before he stuffs shit into his piehole... Mike read the contract below and sign it before you cave and fuk the site!

The Contract To Give Up
I give up my quit. Quitting is impossible and I cannot do it. I love dipping more than I love myself. I care about dipping more than I care about my personal health. I love dipping more than I love my family. I know this addiction will kill me, and I ACCEPT that fact. I enjoy spending time alone with my can more than I enjoy spending time with anyone else on the planet. I look forward to losing my jaw, my tongue, my throat, my life – it’s worth it. When I am lying in my hospital bed fighting a losing battle against cancer I will feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that this is the path I CHOSE. My only regret will be that I didn’t start dipping earlier in life. I will feel sorrow for my family’s heartbreak and suffer untold pain, but I know you must sacrifice for the things you truly love.

I know ALL the consequences of my actions and I accept them fully and without regret. I hereby choose to give my life to this addiction – I do so with a smile on face.

Signature: ____________________
Date: ____________________
If that's addressed to me, I'm not even close to dipping on this day. I have no idea what you mean by "caved in his head". Can you clarify?

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 05:16:00 PM »
ha. You guys are right. I didn't quit the way I said I did. I guess I'm wrong. I'll have to figure out WTF I've been doing for the last 52 days. Maybe I should go get a can, dip for a few days so I can do it the right way like you guys say it has to be done.
Yikes! That's quite the strawman you've built there. No one said you didn't quit, and...I'm not even going to dignify the rest of that ridiculous statement with a response.

I continue to be stunned that no part of you sees the possible danger in an addict keeping a substance he or she abuses in their home or on their person. No one was attacking YOU, they were attacking your method, which DOES fly in the face of the way this site works. Here we dump our cans, and we quit cold turkey. That is how it's done here. You have garnered our attention because what you are saying contradicts the proven method we use here. Is it the only path to quit? Of course not. Is it what we do here, and what we preach? YES. This is KillTheCan, not KeepTheCan.

So, it should not come as a shock when people speak up in strong disagreement when someone is going around saying "do what works for you". The truth is, most people who try to quit don't know what works for them. That is why they come here - out of a lack of knowing what works. We offer something that does work if you believe in it. So no, I don't think telling addicts to do what works for them is a good idea. I'd rather tell them to do what has worked for the thousands of people here who have been quit for months and years.

I'll tell you where I and the others are coming from. If you quit by keeping a can around, fine, but realize that's an anomaly. Realize that there is no shortage of people who have come here, refused to flush their cans, and a few months after being quit, end up posting a day one.
You are right. I missed the "plan your quit/dump your can" statement. I found this site after my quit date and never read that page so it's my bad for missing that.

I get your point and I won't press the issue or mention it as it's stated in the "rules."

Offline Franpro

• Admin (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Fuks Given 0
  • Quit Date: 08/17/2006
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 03:30:00 PM »

Mike has already caved in his head today, so now it's just a matter of time before he stuffs shit into his piehole... Mike read the contract below and sign it before you cave and fuk the site!

The Contract To Give Up
I give up my quit. Quitting is impossible and I cannot do it. I love dipping more than I love myself. I care about dipping more than I care about my personal health. I love dipping more than I love my family. I know this addiction will kill me, and I ACCEPT that fact. I enjoy spending time alone with my can more than I enjoy spending time with anyone else on the planet. I look forward to losing my jaw, my tongue, my throat, my life – it’s worth it. When I am lying in my hospital bed fighting a losing battle against cancer I will feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that this is the path I CHOSE. My only regret will be that I didn’t start dipping earlier in life. I will feel sorrow for my family’s heartbreak and suffer untold pain, but I know you must sacrifice for the things you truly love.

I know ALL the consequences of my actions and I accept them fully and without regret. I hereby choose to give my life to this addiction – I do so with a smile on face.

Signature: ____________________
Date: ____________________
Quit Date 8/17/06

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 03:14:00 PM »

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched

bottom line is he's either nic free or he isn't. Do I recommend people carry a can? No. I recommend they quit and I recommend they figure out what THEY need to do to quit. I recommend that they be 100% committed to the quit and then that can won't make a difference if they have it or not.

For me, I put the can down. It wasn't a carry around. It was just my option. I could not dip or I could dip and there it was. I didn't have to think about a can which we all have dealt with. How many of you guys have actually driven to the store solely for the purpose of getting a can of dip? In the middle of the night? Maybe after drinking? I've done all of that and then some and I didn't want to have to think about it. It was there. All I had to do was say "No." And that's what I did. It worked for me.
everyone is entitled to their own opinion

I do however have a question...did you come to KTC for support, learn from the lessons of others or just to prove that you are an independent quitter that has more self-resolve than anyone here? Just curious because you come off as very defensive of the few people coming here to offer their advice.

Take what you need and leave the rest.
i'm defensive? Did I tell you that your quit was "wrong"? That's what happened in this thread.

All I've said is people are different and need different things to get through the quit. Sorry if that's offensive.
OK then...good luck
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched

bottom line is he's either nic free or he isn't. Do I recommend people carry a can? No. I recommend they quit and I recommend they figure out what THEY need to do to quit. I recommend that they be 100% committed to the quit and then that can won't make a difference if they have it or not.

For me, I put the can down. It wasn't a carry around. It was just my option. I could not dip or I could dip and there it was. I didn't have to think about a can which we all have dealt with. How many of you guys have actually driven to the store solely for the purpose of getting a can of dip? In the middle of the night? Maybe after drinking? I've done all of that and then some and I didn't want to have to think about it. It was there. All I had to do was say "No." And that's what I did. It worked for me.

I do however have a question...did you come to KTC for support, learn from the lessons of others or just to prove that you are an independent quitter that has more self-resolve than anyone here? Just curious because you come off as very defensive of the few people coming here to offer their advice.

i'm defensive? Did I tell you that your quit was "wrong"? That's what happened in this thread.

All I've said is people are different and need different things to get through the quit. Sorry if that's offensive.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Mike23mx

• Quitter
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »

Offline KingNothing

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-10
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »
An addict does not need his substance of choice within arm's reach.
Couldn't say it any better than this ^^^
"Fuck nicotine dude. You don't need it. And you don't want it. It didn't do a thing for you and you know it." - worktowin
"today you dissided that shit wont control your life. and it wont. unless you let it." - drome
"Not thinking about nicotine is for people who've never used nicotine. We threw that option away with the first dip or drag on a cigarette. We are addicts, and cannot become un-addicted." - wildirish317
"You need to decide how much you really want to be quit." - pky1520
We are always at risk. And probably always will be. That is why I will never get "too quit" to post my +1. Every. Damn. Day. - geis2597

Intro
Freedom Tastes So Good

Quit: 7/10/15, HOF: 10/17/15, 2nd Floor: 1/25/16, 3rd Floor: 5/4/16, 1 year: 7/10/16 4th Floor: 8/12/16, 5th Floor: 11/20/16, 6th Floor: 2/28/17, 7th Floor: 6/8/17, 2 years: 7/10/17, 8th Floor: 9/16/17, 9th Floor: 12/25/17, Comma: 4/4/18, 3 years: 7/10/18, 11th Floor: 7/13/18