Author Topic: 10+ cans a week  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Firehazard

• Quit Date: 2019-04-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 10+ cans a week
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 09:53:00 PM »
I am sure it will be! Is there any no-nic products anyone recommends that you can get around Northwest Ohio?

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Just a word of warning, when your mouth heals will your determination still be a match to your withdrawal pain? I lost most of my natural teeth over 40+ years and "quit" hundreds of times but always failed as the disgust and fear waned. Get mad, hate what that shit has stollen from you!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Firehazard

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »
Okay I will. And I know it is no nicotine I read around a lot! :] I am ready to make the commitment today! ( I have just been working on my final paper for school due tomorrow on no sleep so I have been slow to post! )

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-03
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 07:48:00 AM »
You already found your group. You are a member of Pre-HOF August 2014 group. Go in there and post roll. This a promise not to use nicotine today. Reminder: This is a no nicotine site. No dip, smokes, cigars, nicorette etc.......

Make contacts on the site. Get some accountability with the members. It will be about 3-4 days for the physical withdrawals to pass. Fight through it.

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 07:31:00 AM »
Quote from: Firehazard
My name is Jeremiah. I have a girlfriend of 3 years and a 14 month old and go to school part time and work landscaping and at a gas station. I do 10+ can of grizzly wintergreen longcut a week for up to 8 hours straight and sometimes have to fall asleep with chew in
I am 22 years old. I started when I was 17 years old with 3 cans a week. I recently have started getting my severe gum disease cleaned up and I have been trying to cut down on chew. Tonight I found a deep red sore in my top left gums at work not too long ago tonight. I chew so much I have to alternate sections of my mouth and I just so happen have been using that part. I threw out my can. i am ready to give quitting a real go. If someone can help me with what to do please do so. Thanks. I also smoke cigs but only when landscaping but im not going to work on one thing at a time I want them both to stop.. And im allergic to the propylene glycol in ecig(I was interested in the nicotine free flavors to help)
Read the welcome center And get into the August 2014 group and post ro.

This is your promise to quit. We quit ODAAT. Let's see a roll post today.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline Firehazard

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:45:00 AM »
Right. I am done with nicotine. I haven't chewed since 2am and feel sick already. I get mental withdrawals within 30 min to 1 hour of no chew and physical withdrawals within 1-3 hours. Starts with feeling like my stomach is empty and nauseous then the headaches start and my throat dries up and feels like something is stuck in it. Very annoying haha. I am glad someone replied! I have been checking this frequently and I was reading around on the site for awhile! That deep red sore in my mouth I found this morning just scared the shit out of me and I don't want it to get any worse. I already have to spend a few thousand dollars on fixing all the cavities and rot and gum disease. I don't need cancer too. So I am giving a big ol' 'Finger' to nicotine! I would like to find other people on here that are absolutely serious on quitting as a group to do roll call with.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »
Welcome Jeremiah. 10+ cans a week plus you smoke, pfffffff. rookie. First off a couple of things from your post, "i am ready to give quitting a real go." And , "I also smoke cigs but only when landscaping but im not going to work on one thing at a time I want them both to stop."

You want to quit nicotine period, plain and simple. The poison doesn't decipher whether or not you're chewing, smoking or doing whatever else with it. You're putting the shit into your body and it's time to QUIT. 1st off, get your mind right. You've come to the right place. Read, read  read some more. Read through some of these introductions, you're no different than any of us, each and everyone of us are addicts and nic has controlled our lives. Now, it's time for you to stomp the livin' shit out of the asshole that you know as nic. You need to make this place a priority. You come here everyday and you make your promise to quit, you make roll call everyday, you don't make excuses. If you need to talk PM me or anyone here, we're all here to help each other out.

Offline Firehazard

10+ cans a week
« on: April 27, 2014, 03:32:00 AM »
My name is Jeremiah. I have a girlfriend of 3 years and a 14 month old and go to school part time and work landscaping and at a gas station. I do 10+ can of grizzly wintergreen longcut a week for up to 8 hours straight and sometimes have to fall asleep with chew in
I am 22 years old. I started when I was 17 years old with 3 cans a week. I recently have started getting my severe gum disease cleaned up and I have been trying to cut down on chew. Tonight I found a deep red sore in my top left gums at work not too long ago tonight. I chew so much I have to alternate sections of my mouth and I just so happen have been using that part. I threw out my can. i am ready to give quitting a real go. If someone can help me with what to do please do so. Thanks. I also smoke cigs but only when landscaping but im not going to work on one thing at a time I want them both to stop.. And im allergic to the propylene glycol in ecig(I was interested in the nicotine free flavors to help)