Author Topic: "Dad you eat Dirt" (4 year old daughter)  (Read 2719 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Dad you eat Dirt" (4 year old daughter)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: kana
Quote from: moka2620
Hi my name is Brad.  I have made the decision the nic bitch can no longer run my life.  I am 35 and I have been dipping for 15 years, Kodiak.  It actually surprises me to think how long it has been and apart of my life.  And I sit here and ask why?  What benefit am I getting from having a dip?  I really couldn't tell you but some bogus replies.  The reality is I decided to quit yesterday because I had a sore throat and had a dentist appt. yesterday. For me when i get a sore throat I fear cancer and you see the pictures and it scares the hell out of me.  The impact it could have on my life and my families.  I don't want to tell my girls that I was too selfish and couldn't find the will power to quit.  Losing your jaw, teeth. etc.  Yesterday I told the Dentist to give it to me straight and the effects I am having on my gums.  As fyi in past years I told him I don't want to know and if he did I wouldn't come back.  The reason was just shame knowing I was being controlled by my nicotine addiction.  Well he told me of my severe erosion of my gum line, significant gum disease, and gingivitis.  That continued use will lead to continual worst conditions that I don't even want to know about.  I am not immune to the effects to dipping, none of us are. 

I am going to stand up to the nic bitch!  I am ready to move forward with my brothers and sisters.  I look forward to saving $40 a week, $2000 a year, a clean car, to kissing my wife without the fear she knows, not having dip in my teeth, finding a spitter, improving my dental hygiene, reducing the risk of cancer, dip on my clothes, smell of dip in my car, the reputation from my friends waiting for me to throw in a big fatty, daily trips to the gas station, tasting food, and a life of freedom! 

I look forward to joining the group and hearing feedback, reading the stories, blogs and supporting everyone's quit.  We can do this one day at a time.
Welcome.. The best decision you'll ever make.. If you haven't already, read the salmon color welcome center, and learn how to post. Posting EVERYDAY saved my life.. I'm at 396 days of freedom.. I dipped for 30+ years, tried to quit 100 times, and this is the only thing that worked for me. PM me if you need any help getting started. READ, READ, READ....peace
What kana said! Read everything here. Post roll, get all the knowledge about our enemy (nic) and get involved. KTC can help you quit, but you need to take ownership. Sounds like you are where I was 101 days ago. The fight will be hard, but it is so worth it, and it gets better. PM me if you need anything.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
OUT-FUCKING-STANDING!!! Now, all you need to do is click on the Welcome Center link above and start reading. Learn how to Post Roll. That is you daily promise to go without nicotine for today...and only for today.

See, we don't "quit forever" here...that is too hard. In fact, don't think about forever, next month, next week or even tomorrow. Just focus on today. Anybody can go one little day, right? Well that is all we're doing her. You just post your promise that come Hell or high water you WILL NOT put nicotine in your body today, then you fight like your life depends on it (because it does) all day to keep your word.

Congrats on a great choice, brother. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Offline kana

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »
Quote from: moka2620
Hi my name is Brad. I have made the decision the nic bitch can no longer run my life. I am 35 and I have been dipping for 15 years, Kodiak. It actually surprises me to think how long it has been and apart of my life. And I sit here and ask why? What benefit am I getting from having a dip? I really couldn't tell you but some bogus replies. The reality is I decided to quit yesterday because I had a sore throat and had a dentist appt. yesterday. For me when i get a sore throat I fear cancer and you see the pictures and it scares the hell out of me. The impact it could have on my life and my families. I don't want to tell my girls that I was too selfish and couldn't find the will power to quit. Losing your jaw, teeth. etc. Yesterday I told the Dentist to give it to me straight and the effects I am having on my gums. As fyi in past years I told him I don't want to know and if he did I wouldn't come back. The reason was just shame knowing I was being controlled by my nicotine addiction. Well he told me of my severe erosion of my gum line, significant gum disease, and gingivitis. That continued use will lead to continual worst conditions that I don't even want to know about. I am not immune to the effects to dipping, none of us are.

I am going to stand up to the nic bitch! I am ready to move forward with my brothers and sisters. I look forward to saving $40 a week, $2000 a year, a clean car, to kissing my wife without the fear she knows, not having dip in my teeth, finding a spitter, improving my dental hygiene, reducing the risk of cancer, dip on my clothes, smell of dip in my car, the reputation from my friends waiting for me to throw in a big fatty, daily trips to the gas station, tasting food, and a life of freedom!

I look forward to joining the group and hearing feedback, reading the stories, blogs and supporting everyone's quit. We can do this one day at a time.
Welcome.. The best decision you'll ever make.. If you haven't already, read the salmon color welcome center, and learn how to post. Posting EVERYDAY saved my life.. I'm at 396 days of freedom.. I dipped for 30+ years, tried to quit 100 times, and this is the only thing that worked for me. PM me if you need any help getting started. READ, READ, READ....peace
we choose our battles.. the battles we do fight, be aware that they have to be, but passion rules? James Hetfield

Offline moka2620

• Quitter
"Dad you eat Dirt" (4 year old daughter)
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:08:00 AM »
Hi my name is Brad. I have made the decision the nic bitch can no longer run my life. I am 35 and I have been dipping for 15 years, Kodiak. It actually surprises me to think how long it has been and apart of my life. And I sit here and ask why? What benefit am I getting from having a dip? I really couldn't tell you but some bogus replies. The reality is I decided to quit yesterday because I had a sore throat and had a dentist appt. yesterday. For me when i get a sore throat I fear cancer and you see the pictures and it scares the hell out of me. The impact it could have on my life and my families. I don't want to tell my girls that I was too selfish and couldn't find the will power to quit. Losing your jaw, teeth. etc. Yesterday I told the Dentist to give it to me straight and the effects I am having on my gums.  As fyi in past years I told him I don't want to know and if he did I wouldn't come back. The reason was just shame knowing I was being controlled by my nicotine addiction. Well he told me of my severe erosion of my gum line, significant gum disease, and gingivitis. That continued use will lead to continual worst conditions that I don't even want to know about. I am not immune to the effects to dipping, none of us are.

I am going to stand up to the nic bitch! I am ready to move forward with my brothers and sisters. I look forward to saving $40 a week, $2000 a year, a clean car, to kissing my wife without the fear she knows, not having dip in my teeth, finding a spitter, improving my dental hygiene, reducing the risk of cancer, dip on my clothes, smell of dip in my car, the reputation from my friends waiting for me to throw in a big fatty, daily trips to the gas station, tasting food, and a life of freedom!

I look forward to joining the group and hearing feedback, reading the stories, blogs and supporting everyone's quit. We can do this one day at a time.