Author Topic: Here again  (Read 12192 times)

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: finally quitting for good.
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 10:07:00 AM »
Quote from: 05wrxing
I don't even know where to start but, damn it feel's good to be sitting at 100 day's quit. Never thought id make it this far but with all the support from my brother's and sister's I was able to hit that special mark. Thank's to every one of you guy's and gal's. Off to work on that HOF speech now.
'clap'

well done my friend, just enjoy your day.

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »
I don't even know where to start but, damn it feel's good to be sitting at 100 day's quit. Never thought id make it this far but with all the support from my brother's and sister's I was able to hit that special mark. Thank's to every one of you guy's and gal's. Off to work on that HOF speech now.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 12:08:00 PM »
Just wanted to wish all my brother's and sister's a very Merry Christmas. Hope all of you are doing well and having a great day.

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »
Sitting at day 83 now and loving the way it feel's. I never thought I would make it this far in a million year's but, with all the help from my brother's and all the great people on this site, I've been able to do it. To all the people that that normally see me posting in the wildcard post's all day everyday, I will not be seen as much I use to be. My wife and I are cutting back on some of our bills and the first thing's to go were our smartphone's 'bang head' . So no more surfing the site all day long for me while I should be working. Really sucks ass to, I really enjoy those wildcard post's and helping any new or old quitter that I can. I will still be very active in the early morning though. I work from 12- 9:30pm (eastern time) so till I go to work, ill be surfing this site and making my quit even stronger, as well has helping anyone that need's help.

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 03:15:00 PM »
Quote from: kdip
Quote from: Down
Day one for me. I threw the last can away yesterday. After about 30+ yrs of dipping a can a day, I have a ride to do. Maybe the last rodeo for me.
I found this place while hunting down symptoms of quitting. I'm walking around in a fog and wondered why. Now I know.
Stick around here and quit One day at a time and it WILL be your last rodeo!!!! Over 4 years quit and GLAD I did it!!!!!!! You can DO this!!!!!!!
Welcome aboard down south. You have made the best decision you can possibly make. It will be rough but always remember how you feel, so you will never wanna have another day 1. Read all you can on the site and listen to what the vets like kdip tell you. Number one above all else is, posting roll and doing it early everyday. If you need anything just pm me.
Stay focused only on winning your battle today. Sometimes we all make this harder by thinking about battling this forever. Addicts should focus on today only.

That repetition and focus is what keeps us free. Quit for today and the battle is bearable.

The burden of quit. (Post Roll, keep your word and repeat) is so much lighter than the burden of giving into your addiction.

Stay quit for today. If we are here tomorrow, simply repeat.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Quote from: kdip
Day one for me. I threw the last can away yesterday. After about 30+ yrs of dipping a can a day, I have a ride to do. Maybe the last rodeo for me.
I found this place while hunting down symptoms of quitting. I'm walking around in a fog and wondered why. Now I know.
Stick around here and quit One day at a time and it WILL be your last rodeo!!!! Over 4 years quit and GLAD I did it!!!!!!! You can DO this!!!!!!!
Welcome aboard down south. You have made the best decision you can possibly make. It will be rough but always remember how you feel, so you will never wanna have another day 1. Read all you can on the site and listen to what the vets like kdip tell you. Number one above all else is, posting roll and doing it early everyday. If you need anything just pm me.

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 11:34:00 AM »
Quote from: Wt57
Sitting at day 54 and the cotton mouth has came on like a motherfucker. No matter how much water I drink it doesn't seem to ever go way. Unless I'm chewing gum or eating hard candy. Fuck tobacco. Anything that can give you cotton mouth 50+ days after quitting is a real bitch!!!!!
I had terrible problems with my mouth right up till about day 80 finally the healing got done. During the 70's I was sure I had tongue cancer.
Try some Biotene medicated mouthwash. It helped me when I had cottonmouth. Your mouth should straighten itself out soon. I don't miss that aspect of dipping at all!!! Keep up the good quit!!! Its WORTH it!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Down South

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:00 AM »

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Sitting at day 54 and the cotton mouth has came on like a motherfucker. No matter how much water I drink it doesn't seem to ever go way. Unless I'm chewing gum or eating hard candy. Fuck tobacco. Anything that can give you cotton mouth 50+ days after quitting is a real bitch!!!!!
I had terrible problems with my mouth right up till about day 80 finally the healing got done. During the 70's I was sure I had tongue cancer.
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
Thanks for the awesome support guys. I need all of it. Without the supprt of my brother my qiit wouldn't be near as strong. Shawnb great job on your 50 as well. Ill see you on roll for 51 tomorrow as well as the rest of my brothers.

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline ShawnB

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »
Sitting here at day 50. I feel a hell of a lot better than I did the first few week's. Still have some crave's but the seeds  gum seem to do the job. It's crazy the hold that the nic bitch had on all of us at one point, I still think about the shit but i'm learning to hate tobacco and all the shit it has put me and millions of other people through. It's surprising to me how in the hell tobacco can be legal. Anything that does the things that tobacco does should never be legal. I hate the crave's, I hate the oral fixation and I hate tobacco. Gonna beat the bitch one day at a time with all my brother's. Stay Strong!
Right there at 50 with you. Can't wait until day 51.
Why choose to fail when success is an option

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
Sitting here at day 50. I feel a hell of a lot better than I did the first few week's. Still have some crave's but the seeds  gum seem to do the job. It's crazy the hold that the nic bitch had on all of us at one point, I still think about the shit but i'm learning to hate tobacco and all the shit it has put me and millions of other people through. It's surprising to me how in the hell tobacco can be legal. Anything that does the things that tobacco does should never be legal. I hate the crave's, I hate the oral fixation and I hate tobacco. Gonna beat the bitch one day at a time with all my brother's. Stay Strong!
'clap'

I applaud you as you are gaining the strength in your quit that will get you far. Let the hatred build in you for that nic bitch.

Keep up the great work towards that milestone (not end) of 100 days.

May the Quit be with you.

'jedisith'

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Great job. Half way to the HOF. 1 day at a time.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO