Author Topic: 10 hours dip free  (Read 518 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 609
Re: 10 hours dip free
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 10:28:00 AM »
Posting intro and disappearing into the night?? Let's see that quit posted to June's Roll Call today
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Bretn37

• Quitter
  • Interests: My children, my Log Cabin, Harley Davidson, Snowmobiling, ATVing, woodworking, carpentry, building projects, music, my truck. Starting a new small business.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: fbctorres
I'm new to the group. Quit last night at midnight. I'm married, with 2 boys. One is 6 and one is 2. They are my inspiration for quitting. I've tried before and failed, but I've had it. I've had a dip in my mouth for 16 years and would rather not have my face fall off. I'm maintaining now, but I know it's going to tougher.
Welcome to the best choice you will have ever made!
I am 12 days in officially and I feel great!!!
Punch through those first few days, and give it some time.
Read the stuff on here, you will find that each and every one of us IS YOU.
You can do this. I am very confident in my decision to have chosen this group. I quit about once a week previously.

Listen to what the Vets have to say.
Roll Call
Quit for the day.
Repeat.

PM me if you would like my number. Texting and communicating helps me quite a bit. It's let's me know that there are brothers by my side.

I am married, 2 girls, 5 and 7.

And I QUIT!

Offline ChewCrewRetiree

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:51:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC, torres. Souliman as always did a damn fine job of summing up what you need to know about the place. If you invest in the ways presented to you, you will be successful in battling your addiction as long as you want to quit for YOURSELF.

One thing I'd like to add: Check out the KTC Live Chatroom. You'll have to re-register your name and password since it is separate from the forums, but here is where you will always be able to find fellow quit brothers to talk to. Form relationships with the people here and exchange numbers. They will become part of your quit plan for when you have an emergency or cannot make roll for the day.

It's great to have you here. Welcome to the best choice of your life. If you need anything, be it advice, a number, or a roll posted up for you, please do not hesitate to contact. I quit with you today brother.

Crew
Quit - 10/24/11 |-| HOF - 1/31/12 |-| 2nd Floor - 5/10/12 |-| 3rd Floor - 8/18/12 |-| 1 Year - 10/22/12 |-| 4th Floor - 11/26/12

Stop and in say hi to the January 2012 Juggernauts

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
FBC, welcome to the group and please ask if you have any questions. I think Souli pretty much summed up what you need to do to get started so I won't repeat it. Again Welcome!

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
Welcome aboard brother. Let me make a few observations based on my experience. First, this is different. This time its not an attempt. You have done it. You have quit. Second, as much as you can take inspiration from those around you to undertake this journey, you gotta want it for yourself. That's where the fight comes from. Its a battle to change yourself to be who you want to be. May be I over think this. May be my perspective is a little heavy. Take what you want from here. Leave the rest. The dime store philosophy is delivered by the buckets here. But there are some truths. These truths are wrapped up in the way we do it here.

1. Hit the welcome center in the upper left if you haven't already. That will give you the general playbook for how shit works here.

2. One of those plays is roll call. This is our neon lights of quit. This is you putting a stake in the ground claiming your territory. We quit one day at a time. For 24 hours. That's it. Anymore and folks start asking questions in their head. We post roll everyday. Early. Don't fuck with the program. You do it first thing. Can't get to a computer? Text or call a quit brother or sister. Don't got numbers? Dammit get some.

Where to post roll: June 2012

How to post roll

3. Read everything here. There is a fountain of knowledge that will assist you in this fight.

4. Get involved. The more you are involved the safer your quit. We all want to help but you gotta give it your best to warrant that help. Get involved.

5. Reach out. This is not easy. You've got to know that you are not alone here. There are a ton of folks that know exactly what you are going through. We are the tools to help but when shit hits the fan, you gotta tell us so we can help you. Get into chat. PM a brother or sister. Let someone know.

6. Come clean with folks around you. Make it real out there as well.

Let's get it on.

Offline fbctorres

• Interests: Music Production, Soccer, CNC Programming and quitting this damn Grizzly Mint
  • Likes Given: 0
10 hours dip free
« on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
I'm new to the group. Quit last night at midnight. I'm married, with 2 boys. One is 6 and one is 2. They are my inspiration for quitting. I've tried before and failed, but I've had it. I've had a dip in my mouth for 16 years and would rather not have my face fall off. I'm maintaining now, but I know it's going to tougher.