Author Topic: 06/17/2015  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 06/17/2015
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
Mods please merge his intros. Only one intro per customer Shawn, and please post roll call.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2015, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Bucky
Quote from: Shawn256
Gentleman, I have haven't had a dip in 36 hours. I didn't post any roll, but I'm losing my mind. Just went on a horrible family vacation with a pissed off nine month old and a pregnant wife. Holy fuck I want a dip so bad!!!
Shawn,

I see you have a quit date of 6/17/15 and now say you haven't had a dip in 36 hours. That is a f'ng day and a half. Man up and pass the time and get through this. With the shit you have witnessed in Iraq and in war, making it a few more hours until you go to sleep should not be that difficult.

I had 4 boys in 5 years ... changed careers during that time and had to live out of my truck for a year during that time. I can say with god's honest truth ... Tobacco did not help one bit through that.
Listen to Bucky. Man up, post roll, and get your fucking quit on.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Bucky

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-29
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
Gentleman, I have haven't had a dip in 36 hours. I didn't post any roll, but I'm losing my mind. Just went on a horrible family vacation with a pissed off nine month old and a pregnant wife. Holy fuck I want a dip so bad!!!
Shawn,

I see you have a quit date of 6/17/15 and now say you haven't had a dip in 36 hours. That is a f'ng day and a half. Man up and pass the time and get through this. With the shit you have witnessed in Iraq and in war, making it a few more hours until you go to sleep should not be that difficult.

I had 4 boys in 5 years ... changed careers during that time and had to live out of my truck for a year during that time. I can say with god's honest truth ... Tobacco did not help one bit through that.

Offline Shawn256

• Quit Date: 2015-06-17
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
Sounds like you're a pretty tough kid! Obviously that little bitty tins gonna whoop your tough little ass! Man up post roll dammit! This shit want be no easier tomorrow to stop!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline walleye

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-12
  • Interests: I enjoy fishing mostly for walleyes. I love most sports but really like golf, football and baseball. I enjoy watching the twins, wild and vikings.
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2015, 06:53:00 AM »
Shawn are you quit?? You need to post roll if you are. Your month is September.

Offline walleye

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-12
  • Interests: I enjoy fishing mostly for walleyes. I love most sports but really like golf, football and baseball. I enjoy watching the twins, wild and vikings.
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »
Shawn I work in the same profession as you. I chewed 1-2 cans a day depending on how shity the day was. I never thought I would be able to do it. Chew was a stress reliever for me too. Smokey Mountain has really help me during my quit, it may be worth a try. You can do this brother! I quit with you today!

Offline Shawn256

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 06:34:00 PM »
Thank you for the replies gentlemen, I will post my Roll tomorrow morning.

Offline Macamania

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 03:09:00 PM »
Shawn, you are an addict like the rest of us. That's hard shit for a cop to swallow, huh? But, it's harmless. You don't steal to obtain your dip. Your addiction to nicotine (the nic bitch) is no different than a meth, crack, or heroine addict. Like everyone has said, spit that shit out for good. Tell your family to be patient, but only complain and rant in here or on chat. Your productivity might drop the first 3-4 days, but after that you should start to see the hold this bitch has on your nuts. Post roll everyday with us. Your post is your promise to yourself and the group that you will not use tobacco for that day. I expect we will see you post today or in the morning.

Offline lighty7

• Quitter
  • Interests: UGA Football
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 02:24:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: normjr88
Well fuck, I guess that was my last one? So from what I read if I quit I can come on here and bitch about how bad I want a dip? And you hard dick mother fuckers will tell me to quit being a pussy and suck it up? Because I feel like that's exactly what I need.
I do believe your starting to get it. You start right know. Never look back.
You need to read as much as you can here about this addiction and grow a real hatred for what it has done to us. Most important is to post roll (your daily promise) with the September 15 Sultans. Read the welcome center to learn how and why we do that EVERYDAY! Welcome.
Yes - read everything you can on here and then read some more. Embrace the suck of the first 3 days.

And yes - QUIT BEING A PUSSY AND SUCK IT UP! We've all been through it man. By my math you are still a relatively young man. Be glad you are quitting this addiction now. I dipped for 22 years and pissed away $30K+.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Quote from: normjr88
Well fuck, I guess that was my last one? So from what I read if I quit I can come on here and bitch about how bad I want a dip? And you hard dick mother fuckers will tell me to quit being a pussy and suck it up? Because I feel like that's exactly what I need.
You need to read as much as you can here about this addiction and grow a real hatred for what it has done to us. Most important is to post roll (your daily promise) with the September 15 Sultans. Read the welcome center to learn how and why we do that EVERYDAY! Welcome.

Offline normjr88

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-01
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 11:50:00 AM »

Offline Shawn256

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 10:31:00 AM »
So I have been dipping for 8 years, Copenhagen Long Cut. I stated in 2006 during my first rotation to Iraq. After my first firefight I was a little shaky and my team leader asked if I was ok, I said yeah I'm good. Then asked if I wanted a dip, I said fuck yes. Ever since been going through a can a day. I separated from the Army in February of 2013, and am now a Police Officer. As I type this I have a dip in my front lip, getting anxious just thinking about quiting. But I feel like my life literally revolves around dipping. Eat, dip, try to stay awake, put a dip in. I honestly don't know if I would have been able to stay focused during 2 rotations to iraq and 2 to A-Stan. That's how I feel now about police work, how can I focus on my job without it.
Brother I am the same as you...well except I started dipping as a teen and was the kind of guy like your team leader. We lived on Copenhagen and Ripits. I'm a cop now. You got this brother. I quit with you today!
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 08:53:00 AM »
If my pussy fat ass can quit, certainly a soldier and an officer can. It isn't easy, but it can be done.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.