Author Topic: 1 week quiter  (Read 491 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1 week quiter
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 06:38:00 PM »
Nope.....don't look like it, AJ. Not committed to this quit after all. Such a shame all that bravado in the intro gone to waste.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
Sooo... you still quit?

Are you gonna join us and put in some real effort?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 12:51:00 PM »
Welcome and there is one thing that we all have in common, we are addicted to nicotine and we couldn't quit on our own.
This site works if you use it!
ID

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 03:07:00 PM »
Plenty of tough guys here, you'll fit in fine. What you'll find is that although there is a lot of positive support and encouragement, the actual meat of this program comes from accountability. And accountability doesn't come with kid gloves.

This isn't a "pat you on the bum and wish you luck" kind of place. This is a "put a boot in your ass and call out the bullshit" site. We have fun, but are damn serious about staying quit and sticking with the program.

RDB laid it out for ya. Get on roll, get involved with your group and keep your promise.

Reach out if I can help.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
Welcome. The cost of admission to this otherwise free site is posting roll. Posting roll is the backbone of the site, and the key to staying quit. You can learn about posting roll and the quit groups in the Welcome Center.

Depending on your quit date you'd be in either the January '17 or December '16 Quit Group. If your quit date was Oct. 24 or after you're in the Jan group, the 23rd or before - Dec.

Tough guy or not - this site will keep you quit if you follow the formula. Make your promise to not use nicotine by posting roll. Make the promise daily. Quit for the day. Keep your promise. Reach out when you need help. Refuse to cave. If you are tempted, remember your promise. Honor your word. It's that simple.

One final word - we don't use luck around here. Quitting is tough, deliberate, gritty work. You are the only thing that controls whether or not you stuff a cat turd in your mouth. We offer support, but there is no hope, there is no luck. There is only your gut, your word, and your determination. I've been keeping my word one day at a time for 254 days.

I'm proud to be quit with you.

Offline kerank

• Quit Date: 2016-09-23
  • Likes Given: 0
1 week quiter
« on: October 01, 2016, 12:21:00 AM »
First of all, joining this community is not my M.O. I've always been a "tough guy"... I didn't need help or encouragement from others to get done, what needed to be done. Lately, I've been changing my perspective on that "tough guy" attitude. So, here I am looking for encouragement and hoping this can be the last time I quit.

I decided to quit one week ago today. I've been an on/off dipper since High School (early 80's). I've managed to quit before (multiple years), but ended up falling back into the trap each time. I was dipping about 1 can every 2.5 days. Besides the obvious health benefits, it's kept me from spending time with my family because I tried to keep it a secret. I would come home from work, eat dinner, and then retreat into my office staying there until bed time. Also, I noticed the more I dipped the more I avoided exercise.

So far so good. I made it through the first 72 hour phase, so I guess my body is de-toxed now. Now, I'm looking for ways to stay away, avoid, or change all the triggers. At work I was able to dip pretty much any time I wanted. After lunch and after dinner are still the hardest times. Exercise helps, and strangely drinking hot tea seems to help some.

Wish me luck as I do to all you can killers out there.