Author Topic: "Something incredibly clever"  (Read 1542 times)

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
Re: "Something incredibly clever"
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
'party' ONE YEAR QUIT!!! 'party' So proud to have you as a fellow Dumpster Fire in quit, Ed!

'party2' 'party2' 'party2'
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline FISHFLORIDA

• AUG 16' Traumatizer
  • Administrator
  • Quitting MoFo
  • The Adventures of Florida Man
  • Quit Date: 5/24/16
  • Interests: Saltwater Flyfishing
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 11:57:00 PM »
Great job brother. Keep paying it forward and I look forward to staying quit with you.
Just one is right back to where you were and where you were was desperately wishing you were where you are now.- Via Flip
"But KNOW that quitting every day means that eventually you'll have to quit on the day Lassie kicks the bucket" - ZAM
My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2016, 07:53:00 PM »
Glad you loaded up on that secret sauce! Great speech and congrats on your continued success!

Offline Edward

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 02:00:00 PM »
HoF Speech - Rough Draft
The first 100 days - What I wish I knew when I started
I have now been posting at KTC for 100 days, and I wanted to take this opportunity to look back at my first 100 days and share my experiences with fledgling quitters, still looking to find their way.

First - Post roll first thing in the morning, every damn day. This is not negotiable, find your group and post roll. This is your promise to yourself and to this community that you will not use Nicotine in any form today. We take posting roll very seriously because it is the foundation of a strong quit. You can stay quit without posting roll, but if you post roll, you know that you will stay quit that day. At first, posting roll can seem intimating, but it's not hard. Yes, you will screw it up. Yes, you will eventually figure it out. Yes, it can be done from your phone. Here is a LINK to an excellent post that walks you through the process of posting roll.

Second - You can outlast your cravings. If you are early in your quit, you are not a happy camper right about now. The first week or so is called "the Suck" for a reason, because it sucks. You will get through it, we have all been where you are right now and I promise that the pain you are feeling is not unique. Embrace how bad you feel and use it. It will get better and once it does, you then get to choose to never go through that again. Keep the Nicotine out of your body and you'll never have to go through withdrawals ever again. Both of these links are full of quitting tips that many have found helpful. Tips on Quitting  More Tips on Quitting Most important, avoid Alcohol for at least the first month. Eventually, you will be able to drink and not cave, but that time is not during your first month. I've seen more caves and the resulting Day 1 posts from drinking than for any other reason.

Next - Get to know the people in your group. The names above and below you on roll call are your fellow soldiers in this fight we all wage against Nicotine. Exchange phone numbers with these people, chatter back and forth in your group, invest in these people. There will come a day when your quit is threatened, and the support of your fellow quitters is the only thing that keeps you quit. Your quit group is your quit family. Like any other family, you don't get to choose who they are. Some of them you will hit it off with immediately, others will annoy you, but all of them will support you. Your group is yours to run the way your group wants to run it. Don't let outsiders define you, and don't make outsides police your group. When someone goes missing, your group should track them down. When someone in your group caves, your group should force them to answer the 3 questions. When someone decides that they are a special butterfly and the rules don't apply to them, it's up to your group to call them out and help them get their head back in the business of serious quitting.

Finally - Everything gets better. You are starting down a road that leads to something wonderful, your freedom. It's not an easy road to travel, but you are now among many fellow travelers, all of whom are willing to support you. Your Body and your Mind both need to heal. Put in the work now, let the healing begin and before too long you'll begin to glimpse what your life can be like without Nicotine. Don't give in, don't give up, you are literally in a fight for your life, and I know that you can do it.

Offline Edward

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
Thanks for the support everyone - HoF speech is coming.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 10:02:00 PM »
Congratulations Edward! Welcome aboard your new life. We as addicts cannot stop posting! Continue on your journey!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 09:30:00 PM »
Kick ass on 100 days. Keep at it, ODAAT
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 02:19:00 PM »
Congrats and I'm glad to see you received that positive notification.
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 02:02:00 PM »
Gratz, never look back.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Tjschu

• Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 387
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 01:47:00 PM »
Congrats on the HOF!!! You are truly a leader in your dumpster fire group.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 11:19:00 AM »
Big day today, Edward.

Congratulations on a job well done. You are winning, the correct way.

It gets a whole lot better from here, but today you need to soak up the pride and puff your chest out like Dolly Parton... cause you are doing something that only the winningest of winners can do.

Honored to quit with you today.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »
Quote from: Edward
Finally had the full Dental exam. A really bad tooth infection and the corresponding cancer scare is what precipitated my quit. I think dippers always have that nagging worry, and it surfaces when there is something seriously wrong in your mouth. I've had a root canal and a crown put in all since I quit, but I wanted a full on exam to make sure there wasn't something hiding somewhere.

I got lucky and they don't see any real long term issues. So that is a huge relief. So glad I'm nicotine free now.
Well done sir. Appreciate how you support other groups too!

Offline Edward

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 02:20:00 PM »
Finally had the full Dental exam. A really bad tooth infection and the corresponding cancer scare is what precipitated my quit. I think dippers always have that nagging worry, and it surfaces when there is something seriously wrong in your mouth. I've had a root canal and a crown put in all since I quit, but I wanted a full on exam to make sure there wasn't something hiding somewhere.

I got lucky and they don't see any real long term issues. So that is a huge relief. So glad I'm nicotine free now.

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 03:18:00 PM »
626 days later I feel a lot more comfortable in my quit. Not complacent, comfortable to the point I'm not using fake, chewing less and less gum. So many things change in your life for the better instead of when you dipped, for me it was always to the worst! Damn proud of you and proud to quit with you Edd!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD