Author Topic: ZManT Intro  (Read 1914 times)

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ZManT Intro
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 02:20:00 PM »
Quote from: ZManT
Day 21 - feeling good

hardly ever think about dip any more
in fact, i think i probably wouldn't think about it at all if i didn't come to this site to post roll once a day

i'm sure there's an ambush craving waiting for me at some point, but today, i'll bet on me
Bro, bet on KTC and that bet becomes a sure thing! Glad you are quit 21 days. That's not easy. Keep fighting!

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »
Day 21 - feeling good

hardly ever think about dip any more
in fact, i think i probably wouldn't think about it at all if i didn't come to this site to post roll once a day

i'm sure there's an ambush craving waiting for me at some point, but today, i'll bet on me
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2014, 04:44:00 PM »
Day 18 - smooth sailing the last several days

the only issue i'm having is, ironically, the interaction with this board

specifically, the inadvertent omission of my roll posting, or what appears to be called "bumps" around here

I'm now on the quit group's shitlist for missing roll, when i didn't miss it

Lesson?

get into the roll thread early, be one of the first to post

those guys never get skipped

waiting until after lunch is asking for your post to be lost in the shuffle
Keep up the great work Zman

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
Day 18 - smooth sailing the last several days

the only issue i'm having is, ironically, the interaction with this board

specifically, the inadvertent omission of my roll posting, or what appears to be called "bumps" around here

I'm now on the quit group's shitlist for missing roll, when i didn't miss it

Lesson?

get into the roll thread early, be one of the first to post

those guys never get skipped

waiting until after lunch is asking for your post to be lost in the shuffle
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
Good quit goin' on ZMan...keep it crankin'. Quit with you every day!

Offline Morgan1

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2012-05-29
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 10:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
Quote from: waketech
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: AppleJack
Day 15

for some reason, my roll posting yesterday (1/20/14) in the April group didn't get counted, so it looks like I missed posting roll.

the good news is twofold:

1.  someone sent me a PM checking up on me to make sure I hadn't caved
2.  The roll thread clearly shows my post yesterday, so i should get credit for the day

I'm proud of my perfect posting record and my 15 days. 

I think some posters aren't copying the actual LAST post in the thread, so they don't get the one with all of the names on it.  Someone comes through at the end of the day and does the spreadsheet markup and inadvertently misses anyone who was left off that last "quoted" post.

there should be a better way to do this roll thing.....
Dude... half the fun is getting bumped! Posting roll is what it is. It keeps you on your toes and makes you get involved. There's no alterior motive... stuff happens and simply pointing it out will get it fixed. No harm, no foul. And, yeah!... be proud of that 100%. That's what it takes.
What AJ says ^^^
Plus, the fact that you got a PM means that you have been buildling out your web of accountability (and support)-- see, it worked! Good job and keep building!

Bumping seems to happen in waves. One class had it so bad they even named themselves the "Bumping Bastards"-- April 2012. I'm betting they'd jump you in now!
I take sides with ZManT on this one!!! This dude is bad-ass..15 days quit and never missed a day of posting. He is proud of that fact and this mistake should be fixed to reflect his actual record. I like his fire and attention to detail!
yep if the proof is there, give him credit on the spreadsheet. Nice goal. That focus and the HOF is going to happen for you.
Reading through this intro thread and I like what I see. Anyone concerned about his name not being counted on roll and blemishing his perfect record is a guy I want in my corner. Keep Rollin ZmanT. PM me if you want my number.
I have control over my quit. There's no luck involved. - Diesel2112

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 06:05:00 PM »
Quote from: waketech
Day 15

for some reason, my roll posting yesterday (1/20/14) in the April group didn't get counted, so it looks like I missed posting roll.

2.  The roll thread clearly shows my post yesterday, so i should get credit for the day

I think some posters aren't copying the actual LAST post in the thread, so they don't get the one with all of the names on it.  Someone comes through at the end of the day and does the spreadsheet markup and inadvertently misses anyone who was left off that last "quoted" post.

Dude... half the fun is getting bumped! Posting roll is what it is. It keeps you on your toes and makes you get involved. There's no alterior motive... stuff happens and simply pointing it out will get it fixed. No harm, no foul. And, yeah!... be proud of that 100%. That's what it takes.
What AJ says ^^^
Plus, the fact that you got a PM means that you have been buildling out your web of accountability (and support)-- see, it worked! Good job and keep building!

Bumping seems to happen in waves. One class had it so bad they even named themselves the "Bumping Bastards"-- April 2012. I'm betting they'd jump you in now!
I take sides with ZManT on this one!!! This dude is bad-ass..15 days quit and never missed a day of posting. He is proud of that fact and this mistake should be fixed to reflect his actual record. I like his fire and attention to detail!
yep if the proof is there, give him credit on the spreadsheet. Nice goal. That focus and the HOF is going to happen for you.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline waketech

• Quitter
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Day 15

What AJ says ^^^

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Day 15

What AJ says ^^^

This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Day 15

1. someone sent me a PM checking up on me to make sure I hadn't caved
2. The roll thread clearly shows my post yesterday, so i should get credit for the day

I think some posters aren't copying the actual LAST post in the thread, so they don't get the one with all of the names on it. Someone comes through at the end of the day and does the spreadsheet markup and inadvertently misses anyone who was left off that last "quoted" post.

ah the dreaded bump, hell man you gave your word, there is a trace of it so not to worry

and hope the lesson from the site sinks in a little for caring and brotherhood for one another, you are 15 days, awesome number, and you had someone checking up on you. That is what we try to do here.

as per the roll, we got 15 or so of us posting in Oct12, and we still bump. So if that is the worst of it...

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
Day 15

2. The roll thread clearly shows my post yesterday, so i should get credit for the day

I think some posters aren't copying the actual LAST post in the thread, so they don't get the one with all of the names on it. Someone comes through at the end of the day and does the spreadsheet markup and inadvertently misses anyone who was left off that last "quoted" post.

Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
Day 15

QD - 1/7/2014

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 11:11:00 AM »
Day 13 is here - feeling pretty good, all things considered.

Took the family to a NCAA basketball game last night and only had a couple mild cravings. Normally that's an activity I would share with 1/2 can or so of lip pack - not any more.

Feels great.
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 06:31:00 PM »
I'm on day 10 now
It at once feels like the last 10 days have flown by, and that time has moved very slowly.  Nicotine and my addiction to it have altered my perception, my reality.

Until my body is completely beyond this addiction, my reality will not be restored.  I get that.  In fact, it's why quitting is so depressing - here I am, doing something great for myself, walking around feeling like shit, thinking, "is this what my life will be like from now on?"

I know it isn't, but damn, it's hard to keep that chin up. 

When friends ask how quitting is going for me, I say, "marginally better each day"

it's about the best I can come up with - I feel better today than I did 10 days ago, but I'm nowhere near 100% "good."

Taking walks helps - i've been walking a lot.  Drinking a lot of water helps the oral fixation - i'm sure my kidneys appreciate it too.

I'm proud of myself, and the wife says so too - makes me happy.

Still here, still quit.  Good enough for me!
It's a battle, no doubt. You have to just keep your eye on the prize-- freedom--- and realize that you have to earn it with your daily commitment. Things do get better, and you are due. It will come, as will some more challenges. Just keep getting though it all, one by one, enjoying the good and marking the rough down as something you never want to go through again.

Don't be afraid to reach out to others here, and don't be afraid to get angry at the evil addiction that had you. Both help solidify the quit too.

Keep doing it, lots of us in your corner cheering you on!
Keep pushing. It will get a lot better. We promise.

Stay close to Ktc. It will keep you quit it if you faithfully follow the well worn path. I am pretty sure I would've caved by now if not for this community.

Congrats on 10 days and I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 06:03:00 PM »
I'm on day 10 now
It at once feels like the last 10 days have flown by, and that time has moved very slowly. Nicotine and my addiction to it have altered my perception, my reality.

Until my body is completely beyond this addiction, my reality will not be restored. I get that. In fact, it's why quitting is so depressing - here I am, doing something great for myself, walking around feeling like shit, thinking, "is this what my life will be like from now on?"

I know it isn't, but damn, it's hard to keep that chin up.

When friends ask how quitting is going for me, I say, "marginally better each day"

it's about the best I can come up with - I feel better today than I did 10 days ago, but I'm nowhere near 100% "good."

Taking walks helps - i've been walking a lot. Drinking a lot of water helps the oral fixation - i'm sure my kidneys appreciate it too.

I'm proud of myself, and the wife says so too - makes me happy.

Still here, still quit. Good enough for me!
It's a battle, no doubt. You have to just keep your eye on the prize-- freedom--- and realize that you have to earn it with your daily commitment. Things do get better, and you are due. It will come, as will some more challenges. Just keep getting though it all, one by one, enjoying the good and marking the rough down as something you never want to go through again.

Don't be afraid to reach out to others here, and don't be afraid to get angry at the evil addiction that had you. Both help solidify the quit too.

Keep doing it, lots of us in your corner cheering you on!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!