Author Topic: ZManT Intro  (Read 1912 times)

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: ZManT Intro
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 06:00:00 PM »
Quote from: ZManT
I'm on day 10 now
It at once feels like the last 10 days have flown by, and that time has moved very slowly. Nicotine and my addiction to it have altered my perception, my reality.

Until my body is completely beyond this addiction, my reality will not be restored. I get that. In fact, it's why quitting is so depressing - here I am, doing something great for myself, walking around feeling like shit, thinking, "is this what my life will be like from now on?"

I know it isn't, but damn, it's hard to keep that chin up.

When friends ask how quitting is going for me, I say, "marginally better each day"

it's about the best I can come up with - I feel better today than I did 10 days ago, but I'm nowhere near 100% "good."

Taking walks helps - i've been walking a lot. Drinking a lot of water helps the oral fixation - i'm sure my kidneys appreciate it too.

I'm proud of myself, and the wife says so too - makes me happy.

Still here, still quit. Good enough for me!
Congrats on 10 days Zman. That is no small feat and you should be proud. I am only a little quit time ahead of you and I can tell you in my experience that in little tiny baby steps things do get better. I feel soooo much better and clear headed after 55 days than I did the first couple weeks. Keep it up and stay active here. One day at a time bro!

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
I'm on day 10 now
It at once feels like the last 10 days have flown by, and that time has moved very slowly. Nicotine and my addiction to it have altered my perception, my reality.

Until my body is completely beyond this addiction, my reality will not be restored. I get that. In fact, it's why quitting is so depressing - here I am, doing something great for myself, walking around feeling like shit, thinking, "is this what my life will be like from now on?"

I know it isn't, but damn, it's hard to keep that chin up.

When friends ask how quitting is going for me, I say, "marginally better each day"

it's about the best I can come up with - I feel better today than I did 10 days ago, but I'm nowhere near 100% "good."

Taking walks helps - i've been walking a lot. Drinking a lot of water helps the oral fixation - i'm sure my kidneys appreciate it too.

I'm proud of myself, and the wife says so too - makes me happy.

Still here, still quit. Good enough for me!
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »
Day 8 is just about in the books. 
I'm through the worst of it, but still carrying around the monkey.
Reminders abound about the false sense os fulfillment the chew used to give me.
Instead of gritting my teeth and getting angry at myself for digging the hole I found myself in, my slightly wiser self self-soothes and I tell myself it will pass, and it does.

One day at a time fellow quitters, One. Day.  At. A. Time.
Yep. Stay close to KTC. Addiction is chronic, it has similar signs and symptoms and if left untreated, it can lead to death.

I failed many times quitting because I didn't know what was coming. KTC kept me focused on today. Never think about being quit tomorrow or next week only win and keep your promise today.

What I didn't realize was that I was being taught the cycles of addition and quitting. Once I understood that the difficulties pass, my quit became simple. (Took me almost 300 days to understand but you already get it.)

Stay quit. The triggers and funks come but the longer you stay quit, the more time passes between funks or triggers. It really gets easier.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 10:35:00 PM »
Day 8 is just about in the books.
I'm through the worst of it, but still carrying around the monkey.
Reminders abound about the false sense os fulfillment the chew used to give me.
Instead of gritting my teeth and getting angry at myself for digging the hole I found myself in, my slightly wiser self self-soothes and I tell myself it will pass, and it does.

One day at a time fellow quitters, One. Day. At. A. Time.
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 07:06:00 PM »
Day 6 - doing ok

Not as fidgety or preoccupied as the last several days. I can tell my central nervous system is adapting.

It's Sunday, and I have some domestic/family duties or chores that I do every Sunday. The old lip pack has been my long companion for these duties.

Should be interesting tackling them without that 100lb sack of rocks on my back this time.

We got this quitters. Today is the day, the only day.
Every time you feel like caving and you don't, that's a victory. That's a big checkmark in the win column. You keep tallying those and eventually it'll feel like Christmas Day every time you go to do a chore, because you're no longer a slave while doing them (your wife might disagree of course, but at least it's not the NB).

ODAAT. You're doing it ZMan. Proud to be quit with you today.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline LifeAfterDip

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Good work ZMan! Proud to be in your quit group. I'd highly recommend smokey mountain for all those times you used to pack a lip, it really curbs the cravings.
Quit date: 1/6/2014

Do you remember nicotine? Do you truly remember her? The way she controlled you financially, emotionally and physically? The lies she whispered in your ear daily? Remember how one dip was too many and one thousand was never enough? Yeah, so do I. That's why I'm here. That's why I post roll. That's why I support my brothers and sisters. Because I remember her too damn well.

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
Day 6 - doing ok

Not as fidgety or preoccupied as the last several days. I can tell my central nervous system is adapting.

It's Sunday, and I have some domestic/family duties or chores that I do every Sunday. The old lip pack has been my long companion for these duties.

Should be interesting tackling them without that 100lb sack of rocks on my back this time.

We got this quitters. Today is the day, the only day.
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »
Hang in there ZManT! you are doing this! Great job so far! Keep your head down and power through, day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. This weekend is a chance to do battle and really get some good victories against the addiction.

Everyone's quit is different, but usually they are at least similar. You have made it through some of the most physicially miserable days, and it won't be long till you get some nice times here and there. Use those to build strength for anything else that the addiction throws your way as you earn your freedom.

Exercise is a great idea, and be sure that you just use it as a tool to support your quit for right now. Don't worry about weight goals, etc for now-- you can pick that up later. Things will get smoother soon, and it will be much easier to pick up other fitness goals then. Of course, by then you might already have some good fitness momentum going and just choose to carry that on. The quit will bring you many good things, besides being free of the addiction. You'll start noticing those soon if you haven't already.

Let me know if I can help you in any way- send a PM.
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 10:54:00 AM »
Day 5 begins - it's a Saturday, so I don't have to go to the office.
My body feels like I got ran over by snowplow, my mouth tastes like a bucket of assholes, and I stink. I mean I reek.

Part if this is the quit, but another part is the workouts I've done, and finally the changes to my nutrition.

You see, I'm on the husky side so I'm looking to get in better condition and drop some weight at the same time as my quit.

Have I bitten off more than I can chew? I don think so. I don't chew any more so that's some capacity available.....

Anyway, I'm going to grab some coffee and oats in my kitchen and go ride my mtn bike for a couple hours - blow off some more steam, put a couple more hours of quit behind me.
Have a great Saturday everyone.

See you on the boards, chat room, and PM's.

ZManT
I love this post for so many reasons. Reason #1: You've got a big boy plan for how you're going to deal with shit today. It's not easy right now, the first couple weeks can be brutal, but you're doing it.

Reason #2: Exercise. Nothing pisses on a craving like working your ass off at something until you're exhausted. Plus you're getting healthier.

You've got the right attitude and mindset ZMan. Proud to be quit with you today brother.
"I am a nicotine addict and there is nothing I can do about it; I am also a quitter, and that, I can do plenty about." - Grizzly25

Today I choose to quit because today is the only day I have control over today. Tomorrow is a new day and when tomorrow is today, I'll control it too, but not until then. I will win this fight with today...

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
Day 5 begins - it's a Saturday, so I don't have to go to the office.
My body feels like I got ran over by snowplow, my mouth tastes like a bucket of assholes, and I stink. I mean I reek.

Part if this is the quit, but another part is the workouts I've done, and finally the changes to my nutrition.

You see, I'm on the husky side so I'm looking to get in better condition and drop some weight at the same time as my quit.

Have I bitten off more than I can chew? I don think so. I don't chew any more so that's some capacity available.....

Anyway, I'm going to grab some coffee and oats in my kitchen and go ride my mtn bike for a couple hours - blow off some more steam, put a couple more hours of quit behind me.
Have a great Saturday everyone.

See you on the boards, chat room, and PM's.

ZManT
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
Here are some of my favorites:

any of those sound familiar?

i've told myself each of these repeatedly over the last several years.

it's all BS but because I was blinded by my addiction to nicotine, i didn't see it.

I do now.
1. I do some of my best thinking with a chaw in - Y
2. I can't take a proper dump without a chaw in - Y
3. I'm a better mechanic with a chaw in - Y (and woodsplitter)
4. It's easier and more relaxing to drive with a chaw in - Y
5. I have better luck at poker with a chaw in - N (I don't need luck when I'm playing poker, but I still dipped anyway)
6. My team on TV does better when I have a chaw in - Y
7. I won't eat as much if I put a chaw in - Y
8. This is boring without a chaw in - Y
9. I can't do "X" without a chaw in - Y
10. I'll catch a fish once i put a chaw in - Y

Love it. Now I think, shit, fix, relax, shark, watch, eat, enjoy, do, and fish better....all without a dip. Thank you KTC and all the boss quitters here.

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:27:00 PM »
Here are some of my favorites:

1. I do some of my best thinking with a chaw in
2. I can't take a proper dump without a chaw in
3. I'm a better mechanic with a chaw in
4. It's easier and more relaxing to drive with a chaw in
5. I have better luck at poker with a chaw in
6. My team on TV does better when I have a chaw in
7. I won't eat as much if I put a chaw in
8. This is boring without a chaw in
9. I can't do "X" without a chaw in
10. I'll catch a fish once i put a chaw in

any of those sound familiar?

i've told myself each of these repeatedly over the last several years.

it's all BS but because I was blinded by my addiction to nicotine, i didn't see it.

I do now.
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline jzzyzag01

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
I'm doing this out of order since i've been here a couple days already, but i wanted to share and it helps to take my mind off the nicotine withdrawal.

I'm a 4th day quitter today, 1/10/14. Right in the midst of the suckiest part of this whole thing.

Nothing has any interest for me, food tastes horrible, i can't concentrate on anything, i feel dreadful, anxious, restless - all of the above.

As I noted, i'm a Day 4 quitter. I've been a member here for 3 of those days, i think. I have posted roll each day, and i've poked around the forums. I've played in the chat room and I've read a ton of stuff on the blog. It helps. I'm still not in very good shape right now though.....

this part sucks so let me add to my introduction that I WILL NEVER GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!
You're the man! It definitely sucks for the first little bit, but remember this: you'll never regret quitting, and you'll always regret caving. It sounds like you have a good solid foundation for your quit.

Share your story on here. It will help as others empathize with what you're going through by sharing similar stories. We're not just ex-dipping nic addicts here. We're also sons, daughters, dads, moms, brothers, sisters, etc. Get connected with the quitters in April 2014. They will help you hold yourself more accountable throughout the process. Even when you feel like shit, and you're inching closer to suckling at the cancerous teat, your brothers and sisters of quit will hold your ass to the highest possible standard and they will quit with every damn day to get you through this part.

Soon enough you're going to be through the suck and come out the other side better in every possible way. Welcome to freedom Zman. This is the price you're paying to unshackle yourself from your death sentence. Soak it up and let it motivate you. I quit with you today.

Keep posting your roll and I'll quit with you every single today from here on out. If you don't have digits yet, get some. Again, accountability.

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:14:00 PM »
I'm doing this out of order since i've been here a couple days already, but i wanted to share and it helps to take my mind off the nicotine withdrawal.

I'm a 4th day quitter today, 1/10/14. Right in the midst of the suckiest part of this whole thing.

Nothing has any interest for me, food tastes horrible, i can't concentrate on anything, i feel dreadful, anxious, restless - all of the above.

As I noted, i'm a Day 4 quitter. I've been a member here for 3 of those days, i think. I have posted roll each day, and i've poked around the forums. I've played in the chat room and I've read a ton of stuff on the blog. It helps. I'm still not in very good shape right now though.....

this part sucks so let me add to my introduction that I WILL NEVER GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!

I've said it, wrote it, and told it to a few people. I'm making it my promise to myself. One day at a time, i'll make and keep that promise.

I know this gets better, the quitting. I've done it before, and lasted for quite a while. I've backslid each time though, because i'm an addict and i thought i was too smart for nicotine. i was wrong about that.

I have to kick nicotine's ass every day. It's not necessary to go a day without craving, it's only necessary to go a day without caving in order to win.

Nicotine has me on the ropes today - but i have time on my side.

see you in the Apr 2014 roll......
QD - 1/7/2014

Offline ZManT

• Quitter
ZManT Intro
« on: January 10, 2014, 06:11:00 PM »

QD - 1/7/2014