Community > General Discussion

7 Days In Thoughts/Venting

<< < (3/5) > >>

chewie:

--- Quote from: Ruthless on June 24, 2019, 11:11:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: RDB on June 24, 2019, 09:45:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ruthless on June 24, 2019, 09:20:10 AM ---I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread and wasn't sure i wanted to post this in roll call.  What is the consensus on cigars?  I think i know the answer; but do any of you quitters have an occasional cigar?  I'm not planning on it anytime soon, but generally have a few at the beach when i go.  I'm not doing it this year for sure because i'm only 27 days quit, but wanted to see input from some of the vets.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

I think you know the answer too.

When you post roll, you make a promise to not use nicotine in any form. Cigars are a form of nicotine.

Use of cigars is caving, every bit is much as stuffing a dip into your lip.

Think of it this way - say you had a friend who was an alcoholic. Jack Daniels is his drink of choice. Say that friend quit drinking Jack. Would you offer him a Bud Light to celebrate his sobriety?

--- End quote ---

That's kind of what i figured.  Thanks!

--- End quote ---

Yep... what RDB said: https://www.killthecan.org/cigars-and-the-quitter/

Ruthless:

--- Quote from: RDB on June 24, 2019, 09:45:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ruthless on June 24, 2019, 09:20:10 AM ---I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread and wasn't sure i wanted to post this in roll call.  What is the consensus on cigars?  I think i know the answer; but do any of you quitters have an occasional cigar?  I'm not planning on it anytime soon, but generally have a few at the beach when i go.  I'm not doing it this year for sure because i'm only 27 days quit, but wanted to see input from some of the vets.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

When you post roll, you make a promise to not use nicotine in any form. Cigars are a form of nicotine.

Think of it this way - say you had a friend who was an alcoholic. Jack Daniels is his drink of choice. Say that friend quit drinking Jack. Would you offer him a Bud Light to celebrate his sobriety?

--- End quote ---

That's kind of what i figured.  Thanks!

RDB:

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Ruthless:
I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread and wasn't sure i wanted to post this in roll call.  What is the consensus on cigars?  I think i know the answer; but do any of you quitters have an occasional cigar?  I'm not planning on it anytime soon, but generally have a few at the beach when i go.  I'm not doing it this year for sure because i'm only 27 days quit, but wanted to see input from some of the vets.

Thanks.

Ruthless:
Thanks Irish and Chris.  Honestly, say 8 and 9 were great.  10 is starting out the same; we’ll see how the weekend goes, but just worried about today right now.

You know Chris, you’re right about finding a new hobby.  I bought a guitar a few years ago.  Played a little, but would drink while I played and get sloppy; then finish it with a dip.  Never amounted to anything, but I think I’m going to dust that thing off tonight and give it another try.

Thanks for the advice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version