Author Topic: * Wow! 100 Days!  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Martin

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing,
  • Likes Given: 0
* Wow! 100 Days!
« on: May 03, 2010, 01:56:00 PM »
I have read so many awesome hall of fame speeches. It is a little intimidating to try and author one!

It seems like a very short time ago that I made the total committment to quit. I was a ninja dipper deluxe! I snuck around to have my Kodiak. Very few of my friends even knew of my nasty habit. I always said that I would quit when I turned 50. That date came and went on November 1, 2009. Then I set a goal of January 1, 2010. Again, came and went. I just thought I might dip until I died.

Just looking around on the net one day and found the KTC site. I read it for a couple of days and thought...."if these folks can do it, so can I"! Made the plunge and gave my word! Right away I got a PM from BMAN50317 and Pista! Great advice and encouragement from both. Then MikeA, NeverAgain10, Pinelander, and Skoot from April.(I might never have figured out the clickable smiles if it hadn`t been for Skoot!) All of this encouragement was awesome and the foundation for my quit! The help on this site is unbelievable! Rkymtnman,SamCat,Klark,Show,Thor`s Hammer,GoBlue,Steelers,Phat Pauly, and so many others that I am grateful to! You guys are just amazing! Thanks to all of you from the whole of my heart! There hasn`t been a single time I couldn`t pick up the phone and text or call for your support! (except Pista, he is not much of a talker! LOL!) I will always be indebted to you folks and plan to "pay it forward"! Alexreads, this means you! And anyone else who feels that I can offer some support! My number is a PM away!

To anyone thinking of quitting. If you are a person of your word, quitting is not that hard! Give your word, make yourself accountable, and QUIT! Caving is not an option!!

Martin
quit date 1-19-10
"If it was easy, everyone would do it!"