Author Topic: KTC against ME  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Snowboredm

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-23
  • Interests: I'm a broken man, who's found my life again
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: KTC against ME
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 10:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Quote from: justkeepdancing
Post is being reviewed by the Admins.

fp
Again? Really?

It appears that I was not fast enough. My above response was in regards to your post which now appears to be under review. Good.
Why not just remove the whole thread?
QUIT 3/23/15. And Today.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 10:29:00 PM »

fp
Again? Really?

It appears that I was not fast enough. My above response was in regards to your post which now appears to be under review. Good.

Offline justkeepdancing

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2010, 09:31:00 PM »

fp
[color=ff6666]"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no one's watching."[/color]
[/size][color=ff6666][/color]

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 08:14:00 AM »

Well, that's my temper tantrum for the week. If you don't agree with me, then go fuck yourself, and I hope you can't get off. But, don't post your opinion on my page because you are a tardcat.
Dean - Did I ask for YOUR opinion? Go play with the tards in January. I hear Spotty likes you. You're breaking my heart Dean-O.
Just curious about where both of these came from. I hate mysteries!

Offline mns36

• Quitter
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2009, 08:38:00 PM »
Quote from: LDiddy
Quote from: mns36
Mns36 came into chat last night with his friend and verbally attacked me.  I really could care less about his cruelty, as his rantings proved himself to be the most idiotic individual I have ever conversed with.  I also found it quite humorous that he felt two were needed for an attack on little me.

What was an issue however, was that there was a new quitter present at the time who mns36 also proceeded to bash.  I told mns that he was bashing a new quitter and that he should not be doing what he was doing, yet he continued to rage on.

You can probably gather that I am not one to back down or ignore an attack, and the chat room was not pretty.  I am very worried that the new quitter will not return here again.

Anytime I have posted an opinion on this website, the men have gone nuts on me, twisting my words and turning it into something it is not.  They have always gone against me even though I do make valid points.

A quick refresher -

I like smokers and ex-smokers alike

I am concerned for the future of KTC

There is little help for chewers

Never did I say or imply in any way that current ex-smokers should leave KTC

I expressed an opinion because I felt like it

The last bit of new information you will receive from me -

1. When I came to this site I never planned to post anything, ever, yet I was repeatedly told to post anything and everything I desired because it would help my quit.  I now have to strongly advise all new quitters NOT to do this!  I am sorry that I steered you wrong.

2. I am extremely passionate about chewers quitting.  To me it is completely different than smoking.  Like someone that loses a loved one to breast cancer and then spends their life fighting for a cure for JUST breast cancer, I am an ex-chewer that, until today, planned to dedicate a huge part of my life to helping JUST chewers to quit.  I work at the post office, and I wear my KTC sweatshirt and t-shirts when I work the counter.  Remember I HID my addiction for 19 years.  I do this in hopes that someone will ask me about it.  I purchased the clothing for that purpose.  I have called out every chewer I have seen since I joined here and have embarrassed a few who thought they were hiding it.  No chewer gets past me without being told that KTC is available. 

3. You have taken my passion and turned it against me.  You have tried to make me an idiot rather than someone who cares deeply, more deeply than many of you ever will.  I will no longer fight for this cause, because I no longer have confidence in KTC.  I will leave that job up to all of you men who are apparently more passionate and better able to fight for a good cause because you fight to cure overall cancer (nicotine) while I fight only to cure breast (chewing) cancer.

4.  From now on, I pledge to inform every smoker that I have the opportunity to speak with that personalized help is available on KTC (as long as you don't rock the boat too much).  You want smokers, I will do my part to bring them to you.

5. Of course there was a hint at a particular smoker in part of my post.  Everyone knows why she came here for her quit.  Are we supposed to be pretending it was a secret?

6. I will not post on this page again.  Post away on it. Criticize the hell out of me and my views on smokers coming to KTC.  Have fun.  This is no longer "KTC and ME, but instead "KTC Against ME."  I have requested that Chewie change the title for me as I do not know how. 

7. If there are errors in this, Fuck It.  I'm not wasting my time editing on what is now YOUR page

8. Above all, as always, please stay quit.
Me and my friend verbally attacked you? Who was my friend that I brought in? lmao! Who is the one who cried to ldiddy for help. I did notice that he did not back you too much in your argument. In fact he didnt say anything and left after 1 minute. I dont have time to argue with you. It is obvious that you have some mental issues. Just sayin...

Stay Quit!
mns..........not sure how my name is getting thrown in to this shit pot, but I would really appreciate it if all of you could take this off line, to chat, any where except in an a forum that is open to both guests and members.

And by the way, this is certainly not the reason I happened into chat.
ldiddy- I apologize. That was out of line. Just not used to seeing you in chat unless someone calls the calvary. Again, I'm sorry.

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Come & Take It - & Die Trying
  • Quit Date: 12-29-2005
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »
Quote from: mns36
Mns36 came into chat last night with his friend and verbally attacked me.  I really could care less about his cruelty, as his rantings proved himself to be the most idiotic individual I have ever conversed with.  I also found it quite humorous that he felt two were needed for an attack on little me.

What was an issue however, was that there was a new quitter present at the time who mns36 also proceeded to bash.  I told mns that he was bashing a new quitter and that he should not be doing what he was doing, yet he continued to rage on.

You can probably gather that I am not one to back down or ignore an attack, and the chat room was not pretty.  I am very worried that the new quitter will not return here again.

Anytime I have posted an opinion on this website, the men have gone nuts on me, twisting my words and turning it into something it is not.  They have always gone against me even though I do make valid points.

A quick refresher -

1. When I came to this site I never planned to post anything, ever, yet I was repeatedly told to post anything and everything I desired because it would help my quit.  I now have to strongly advise all new quitters NOT to do this!  I am sorry that I steered you wrong.

2. I am extremely passionate about chewers quitting.  To me it is completely different than smoking.  Like someone that loses a loved one to breast cancer and then spends their life fighting for a cure for JUST breast cancer, I am an ex-chewer that, until today, planned to dedicate a huge part of my life to helping JUST chewers to quit.  I work at the post office, and I wear my KTC sweatshirt and t-shirts when I work the counter.  Remember I HID my addiction for 19 years.  I do this in hopes that someone will ask me about it.  I purchased the clothing for that purpose.  I have called out every chewer I have seen since I joined here and have embarrassed a few who thought they were hiding it.  No chewer gets past me without being told that KTC is available. 

3. You have taken my passion and turned it against me.  You have tried to make me an idiot rather than someone who cares deeply, more deeply than many of you ever will.  I will no longer fight for this cause, because I no longer have confidence in KTC.  I will leave that job up to all of you men who are apparently more passionate and better able to fight for a good cause because you fight to cure overall cancer (nicotine) while I fight only to cure breast (chewing) cancer.

4.  From now on, I pledge to inform every smoker that I have the opportunity to speak with that personalized help is available on KTC (as long as you don't rock the boat too much).  You want smokers, I will do my part to bring them to you.

5. Of course there was a hint at a particular smoker in part of my post.  Everyone knows why she came here for her quit.  Are we supposed to be pretending it was a secret?

6. I will not post on this page again.  Post away on it. Criticize the hell out of me and my views on smokers coming to KTC.  Have fun.  This is no longer "KTC and ME, but instead "KTC Against ME."  I have requested that Chewie change the title for me as I do not know how. 

7. If there are errors in this, Fuck It.  I'm not wasting my time editing on what is now YOUR page

Me and my friend verbally attacked you? Who was my friend that I brought in? lmao! Who is the one who cried to ldiddy for help. I did notice that he did not back you too much in your argument. In fact he didnt say anything and left after 1 minute. I dont have time to argue with you. It is obvious that you have some mental issues. Just sayin...

Stay Quit!
mns..........not sure how my name is getting thrown in to this shit pot, but I would really appreciate it if all of you could take this off line, to chat, any where except in an a forum that is open to both guests and members.

And by the way, this is certainly not the reason I happened into chat.
What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy??? The puppy stops whining and shitting on everything when he grows up.

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »
Tell it sista'!

But...take heed of your addiction. You aren't cured by any means. If it drives you away, what seems like fighting the good fight is simply the nic bitch trying to get a little taste. 'Kiss'

Been there, done that.

Offline mns36

• Quitter
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2009, 05:42:00 PM »
Mns36 came into chat last night with his friend and verbally attacked me. I really could care less about his cruelty, as his rantings proved himself to be the most idiotic individual I have ever conversed with. I also found it quite humorous that he felt two were needed for an attack on little me.

What was an issue however, was that there was a new quitter present at the time who mns36 also proceeded to bash. I told mns that he was bashing a new quitter and that he should not be doing what he was doing, yet he continued to rage on.

You can probably gather that I am not one to back down or ignore an attack, and the chat room was not pretty. I am very worried that the new quitter will not return here again.

Anytime I have posted an opinion on this website, the men have gone nuts on me, twisting my words and turning it into something it is not. They have always gone against me even though I do make valid points.

A quick refresher -

1. When I came to this site I never planned to post anything, ever, yet I was repeatedly told to post anything and everything I desired because it would help my quit. I now have to strongly advise all new quitters NOT to do this! I am sorry that I steered you wrong.

2. I am extremely passionate about chewers quitting. To me it is completely different than smoking. Like someone that loses a loved one to breast cancer and then spends their life fighting for a cure for JUST breast cancer, I am an ex-chewer that, until today, planned to dedicate a huge part of my life to helping JUST chewers to quit. I work at the post office, and I wear my KTC sweatshirt and t-shirts when I work the counter. Remember I HID my addiction for 19 years. I do this in hopes that someone will ask me about it. I purchased the clothing for that purpose. I have called out every chewer I have seen since I joined here and have embarrassed a few who thought they were hiding it. No chewer gets past me without being told that KTC is available.

3. You have taken my passion and turned it against me. You have tried to make me an idiot rather than someone who cares deeply, more deeply than many of you ever will. I will no longer fight for this cause, because I no longer have confidence in KTC. I will leave that job up to all of you men who are apparently more passionate and better able to fight for a good cause because you fight to cure overall cancer (nicotine) while I fight only to cure breast (chewing) cancer.

4. From now on, I pledge to inform every smoker that I have the opportunity to speak with that personalized help is available on KTC (as long as you don't rock the boat too much). You want smokers, I will do my part to bring them to you.

5. Of course there was a hint at a particular smoker in part of my post. Everyone knows why she came here for her quit. Are we supposed to be pretending it was a secret?

6. I will not post on this page again. Post away on it. Criticize the hell out of me and my views on smokers coming to KTC. Have fun. This is no longer "KTC and ME, but instead "KTC Against ME." I have requested that Chewie change the title for me as I do not know how.

7. If there are errors in this, Fuck It. I'm not wasting my time editing on what is now YOUR page

Stay Quit!

Offline russjns

• Quitter
    • www.thestayathomer.com
  • Interests: raising my two sons, acting, reading, movies, internet, hiking, playing guitar/piano, hanging with my brother....oh, and quitting, staying quit, never dipping again.
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2009, 05:19:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready

A quick refresher -

This is a very influential location for posting. All potential quitters have access to this area and many get their first impression right here in the introduction section. There are many differnt opinions on a variety of issues everywhere on the site and personally I think that it is very healthy and contributes to the success of the site in general.

I am posting this as general information and a gentle reminder to everyone who is considering posting and replying in the introduction section. There may be other sections that are more appropriate places to carry on a conversation like this.

The quit is good. freedom from Nicotine is great.
Penny, I think you are a fantastic quitter! You have contributed a HUGE amount to my being quit. I like you, and I like mns, and I like Ready, and I like ALL the quitters on this site. We are lying to ourselves if we think that we are going to get along with everybody who registers on a website......the personalities are too diverse. The beauty of this site is that the problem is singular: we are all addicted to chew (or smoking). This site is invaluable for beating this addiction. It is the ONLY place, as far as I'm concerned, where it can be done. Anybody reading this should read the HOF speeches to get a glimpse of what kind of freedom you are in store for if you quit.

I value your opinions, Penny. I respect them. Nobody has to agree with them, but I applaud the hell out of you for speaking them out. That takes courage. And for a coward who hid an addiction (like myself and many others) for so many years, that is quite a big deal!
QD 7/22/09
I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is the victory over self.
Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »
Mns36 came into chat last night with his friend and verbally attacked me. I really could care less about his cruelty, as his rantings proved himself to be the most idiotic individual I have ever conversed with. I also found it quite humorous that he felt two were needed for an attack on little me.

What was an issue however, was that there was a new quitter present at the time who mns36 also proceeded to bash. I told mns that he was bashing a new quitter and that he should not be doing what he was doing, yet he continued to rage on.

You can probably gather that I am not one to back down or ignore an attack, and the chat room was not pretty. I am very worried that the new quitter will not return here again.

Anytime I have posted an opinion on this website, the men have gone nuts on me, twisting my words and turning it into something it is not. They have always gone against me even though I do make valid points.

A quick refresher -

1. When I came to this site I never planned to post anything, ever, yet I was repeatedly told to post anything and everything I desired because it would help my quit. I now have to strongly advise all new quitters NOT to do this! I am sorry that I steered you wrong.

2. I am extremely passionate about chewers quitting. To me it is completely different than smoking. Like someone that loses a loved one to breast cancer and then spends their life fighting for a cure for JUST breast cancer, I am an ex-chewer that, until today, planned to dedicate a huge part of my life to helping JUST chewers to quit. I work at the post office, and I wear my KTC sweatshirt and t-shirts when I work the counter. Remember I HID my addiction for 19 years. I do this in hopes that someone will ask me about it. I purchased the clothing for that purpose. I have called out every chewer I have seen since I joined here and have embarrassed a few who thought they were hiding it. No chewer gets past me without being told that KTC is available.

3. You have taken my passion and turned it against me. You have tried to make me an idiot rather than someone who cares deeply, more deeply than many of you ever will. I will no longer fight for this cause, because I no longer have confidence in KTC. I will leave that job up to all of you men who are apparently more passionate and better able to fight for a good cause because you fight to cure overall cancer (nicotine) while I fight only to cure breast (chewing) cancer.

4. From now on, I pledge to inform every smoker that I have the opportunity to speak with that personalized help is available on KTC (as long as you don't rock the boat too much). You want smokers, I will do my part to bring them to you.

5. Of course there was a hint at a particular smoker in part of my post. Everyone knows why she came here for her quit. Are we supposed to be pretending it was a secret?

6. I will not post on this page again. Post away on it. Criticize the hell out of me and my views on smokers coming to KTC. Have fun. This is no longer "KTC and ME, but instead "KTC Against ME." I have requested that Chewie change the title for me as I do not know how.

7. If there are errors in this, Fuck It. I'm not wasting my time editing on what is now YOUR page

This is a very influential location for posting. All potential quitters have access to this area and many get their first impression right here in the introduction section. There are many differnt opinions on a variety of issues everywhere on the site and personally I think that it is very healthy and contributes to the success of the site in general.

I am posting this as general information and a gentle reminder to everyone who is considering posting and replying in the introduction section. There may be other sections that are more appropriate places to carry on a conversation like this.

The quit is good. freedom from Nicotine is great.

Offline justkeepdancing

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2009, 02:03:00 PM »

A quick refresher -

[color=ff6666]"Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no one's watching."[/color]
[/size][color=ff6666][/color]

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2009, 10:39:00 AM »
We have an ex-smoker in the August 2008 class - Gracie. She is bad to the bone. Kickass quitter.

Oh yeah, Smokeyg was my middle school gang name....because I would steal my dad's cigarettes when we dominated the mean suburbs of Bellevue, WA. I only started chewing due to my love of oxygen.

When I had that cigarette in my mouth, nothing could stop me. I'd grab some 14 year old hoodrat and 'Kiss'. No girl could resist my badassery.

Offline mns36

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2009, 03:28:00 AM »
I would like to know WHY KTC allows ex-smokers to come into our awesome group of ex-chewers?

Seriously, it :angry: fucking :angry: pisses :angry: me :angry: off. Google "quit smoking help." There is so much available to smokers, yet they would hone in on our little group? :angry:

I chewed for many more years than I should have, or wanted to, because I did not have the support. I was always told to go to a quit smoking group for support. I would do no such thing, because like many dippers, I hid it. I smoked for 6 years prior to 19 years of chewing. I knew that quitting smoking was MUCH different than quitting chewing.

Smokers in KTC belittle our struggle, belittle the fact that many of us may have quit sooner if we'd have had help available. Most definitely some people have died because they did not have a support group like KTC. Smokers, with an abundance of help, have no place here. Quit smoking sites are over-crowded, and they suck because of it. If smokers are allowed to continue coming in here, they will ruin us too. Then the very little bit of help chewers have will also be ruined.

Not sure why a smoker, especially a female, would be so fucking stupid as to come to a quit chewing site anyways. I was scared shitless to come here, :unsure: but I was also more thrilled than you could imagine that I finally had help.

This was one of the first posts I ever read in my group:

"Your shitting me? your pussy hurt too? you really want to quit? I had been chewing for 25 years... and your suck hurts worse than mine??? I am the happiest and the moodiest guy you have ever meant for the last 8 days.. but I AM QUIT!!! and you better be too!!!! I have the extra absorbant tampons shoved up my twat this time around. 'arse' I'm ready to kick this addiction in the ass. "

I was so upset. My very first KTC post, besides roll, which I NEVER fucked up by the way, was in response to that:

"Is there anywhere for a woman to get support? I know these types of comments are probably very helpful for a man, but for me it is absolutely repulsive. I chewed for almost 20 years, literally, other than eating, I chewed 24 hours a day, even waking up at night to get a fresh chew. I need help just as much as the men here. I can't find any other support group. Please let me know if anyone knows of a place to get help that might be somewhat more considerate of a woman in their midst. :(

And, yeah, yeah, I know, I ended up getting thoroughly tainted by KTC and Skoal Monster officially announced my tainting on July 23rd:

First Ms. JustkeepQuitting I commend you on your newly found fondness for cussing like a coal diggers wife. You have come along way since the early Sandra Dee days. My hat is off to you *Skoal Monster bows deeply*.

Love you SM.

Well, that's my temper tantrum for the week. If you don't agree with me, then go fuck yourself, and I hope you can't get off. But, don't post your opinion on my page because you are a tardcat.

'tease' 'tease' 'tease' 'tease' 'tease' 'tease' 'tease'

My favorite quitter today is, of course, Russjns. I know he has strengthened the quit of many with his support, honesty, encouragement, kindness, and hilarity. He also is responsible for my favorite post of all time:

And in other news....JKD: I love your quit. I support you 100%...no, scratch that... 100.5%. Actually, fuck that...I've never done this before, but I'm doing it right here, right now: I support you 100 POINT SEVEN FIVE MUTHA FUCKIN PERCENT! BAM!!! Who's your quitter?”

Now where can you get support like that??

HAPPY HOF Russ, you're the badest of the KTC bad-ass quitters!
You are kidding right? Really? Seriously? That ignorant huh?

Offline pista

• Quit Pro
    • pistatmyself@killthecan.org
  • Interests: campin,watchen my 6 yr. old grow
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2009, 09:02:00 PM »
Quote from: spot
Ok I have been seeing this argument and well I like arguments..

THIS SITE IS CALLED KTC... KILL THE CAN... NOT KILL THE NIC OR KILL THE SMOKES.

There I have said my piece...

BTW JKD.. 'worship'
wow....if theres no "killthe nic" nohwere in "killthe can" does that mean I can smoke?....just sayin?
Situations don't happen to me, they happen for me.
"Sometimes I think I get off on the pain"

Offline spot

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
Ok I have been seeing this argument and well I like arguments..

THIS SITE IS CALLED KTC... KILL THE CAN... NOT KILL THE NIC OR KILL THE SMOKES.

There I have said my piece...

BTW JKD.. 'worship'
Quit for today.

Just another day in the sand box

"Been a good friend to all you've met;
Some became true friends but most you'd like to forget"

Spot In the Morning

'wd40'