Author Topic: Passing it on!  (Read 2222 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: 2,860 days free!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2022, 11:52:03 PM »
It has been quite awhile since I have logged in to the site and since I'm here...

A coworker was talking about quitting and I told him about KTC. He asked me to show him the site and since I was here I though I would try to drop in and say hi, Hi. I took a hot minute to recover my password and yall did a great job sprucing up the place.

Going over the calculator it has been 2,860 days since I quit and and $31460 saved. I would be lying if I said I don't have any cravings. There are days that I could eat a whole can of Cope and not feel guilty. I give most of my success to this place, without the resources here there is no doubt that I would have failed.

Thank yall, FES

I'm always glad to hear success stories from folks who quit and didn't participate on the forum.  It means people can quit completely on their own if they need to.  Well done.

I think most of us need the daily support system at KTC to stay nicotine free.  I will post roll here tomorrow for day 2,659.   8)

Offline FES313

• Quit Date: 0201-02-13
  • Likes Given: 0
2,860 days free!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2022, 04:28:31 PM »
It has been quite awhile since I have logged in to the site and since I'm here...

A coworker was talking about quitting and I told him about KTC. He asked me to show him the site and since I was here I though I would try to drop in and say hi, Hi. I took a hot minute to recover my password and yall did a great job sprucing up the place.

Going over the calculator it has been 2,860 days since I quit and and $31460 saved. I would be lying if I said I don't have any cravings. There are days that I could eat a whole can of Cope and not feel guilty. I give most of my success to this place, without the resources here there is no doubt that I would have failed.

Thank yall, FES

Offline Menace

• Quitter
Re: Passing it on!
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 09:39:00 PM »
Poof...................like a fart in the wind.....................
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2015, 04:37:00 AM »
FES, Welcome to KTC! What a good friend you are by trying to help a brother quit. With that said, if you really want to help him and others, set the example and stay quit! Also you have to quit for yourself as it appears you already know and your co-worker will need to do the same. Quitting for someone else generally leads to failure because this will be one of the hardest things you will ever do, it needs to be for yourself. Its one of the few times that being selfish is acceptable. Luckily you have found the right place to quit and stay quit. There are so many badass quitters here at KTC its incredible and they have already blazed a trail for you and I. We just need to follow the path and failure will never happen. It starts with posting roll, it is how you hold yourself accountable and how we hold each other accountable. Roll is the backbone here at KTC. Glad to have you aboard!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline walleye

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-04-12
  • Interests: I enjoy fishing mostly for walleyes. I love most sports but really like golf, football and baseball. I enjoy watching the twins, wild and vikings.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:52:00 AM »
Hey brother you made the right choice. I admire you choice to join because you think it will help your friend. Your choice to join will also help you. Post roll every day and stay strong!

- Walleye

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 10:11:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: FES313
Greetings! After yesterday's shift and watching a coworker start his quit, I remembered this site and passed it on to him. When I got home this morning (we work 24 hr shifts) 'fireman' I went through my book marks to find the link to send to him and remembering, last fall I read everything that is here. Erik, I really hope you find your way here! Anyway, my quit day was February 13, 2015. The information that I had read here helped me in my decision to quit my 33 year habit and what to expect when I did. I did have intentions to join this site earlier than this and I signed up today so I could maybe help my coworker. Even if I don't get him to join up, I will stick around for a while because quitting was the easiest damn thing I ever did, staying quit is the hardest!
Greetings right back at ya!
Welcome to KTC... Congrats on your quit and success so far.
This will be a great shot in your arm to get involved with some professional quiters. Heed their advice and enjoy the cool-aid!
I'm on board with this badass^^^^^! Come in here post roll, let's get you some badass quit going! I quit with you today! Next moves your's!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 09:20:00 PM »
Quote from: FES313
Greetings! After yesterday's shift and watching a coworker start his quit, I remembered this site and passed it on to him. When I got home this morning (we work 24 hr shifts) 'fireman' I went through my book marks to find the link to send to him and remembering, last fall I read everything that is here. Erik, I really hope you find your way here! Anyway, my quit day was February 13, 2015. The information that I had read here helped me in my decision to quit my 33 year habit and what to expect when I did. I did have intentions to join this site earlier than this and I signed up today so I could maybe help my coworker. Even if I don't get him to join up, I will stick around for a while because quitting was the easiest damn thing I ever did, staying quit is the hardest!
Greetings right back at ya!
Welcome to KTC... Congrats on your quit and success so far.
This will be a great shot in your arm to get involved with some professional quiters. Heed their advice and enjoy the cool-aid!
I believe.....

Offline FES313

• Quit Date: 0201-02-13
Passing it on!
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »