Author Topic: Bug Guy Intro  (Read 21627 times)

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: Bug Guy Intro
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2019, 01:46:30 PM »
So here i am, 86 days into my quit, and feeling pretty damn good. But also in the back of mind, still upset that my words help give that nudge to push a fellow quit brother out the door of ktc. I have spoken with him and we have made amends. He promised that he is still quit, but just doesn't care for the amount of negativity around this site, his words. I don't see trying to keep fellow brothers honest in their quit as negative. But that is my own personal point of view. I know i am not solely responsible for his leaving us, he made that decision. In fact, he had thought about it early on in his quit and had seemed to have already had his mind made up. But like i said, his exodus came to fruition due to my confrontation with him, and for that i am truly sorry.

But on a side note, I'm extremely proud, grateful, and honored to be a part of the APRIL BMFERS!  In 5 days we will have our first 2 bad ass mother fuckers of quit boarding that HOF train, and I couldn't be more excited for this moment. More so than my own. Yeah it's really cool i will be 100 days really soon too, but it's you guys who i am most excited for, a bunch of strangers who took me into their ranks and made me feel like family. You truly are my brothers, who helped save my life. I love you guys for it, and will never forget you as long as i have breath in my body
There are no shortage of excuses.  He sought for and found one. I'd rather he stuck it out to 100 instead of using you as an excuse to leave.  As much as I love you (and I do love you in all of your hot manliness!) I do not give you power to make my decisions for me.  That I save just for me. Glad you stuck it out and didn't throw in the towel because he did.  If we all take our ball and go home, there's no game at all.
Quitting with you again today!
Thanks Athan, you always have a way of words. Love you too, even though you're Navy lol.  But in all seriousness, I know I don't make anyone's decisions, I get that. The point was that HE decided to call it quits after MY confrontation with him. Yes, I didn't make that decision for him, but I did help give him that nudge that we all believe he was needing. Sucks I had to be the one to do it. I do hope he stays quit even without this site, though the odds say otherwise. Maybe one day he will return and fully embrace this site and find guys like you Athan, who make it worth coming back to. I truly enjoy the bonds and friendships that have been created through this site, there isn't a bunch of assholes I would rather be around than you guys!
I came from a quitting support group site where accountability was allowed to take a back seat. The results have not been good. Abysmal, in fact. That is why I came over to KTC. I know accountability is a crucial aspect of quitting. Without it, the whole thing falls apart. Without it, places like KTC would not exist, and I would probably have a fat lipper in at the moment or be dead instead sitting here writing this.

I have been on the same end of those confrontations where someone decides to leave the site on account of me insisting on accountability. I have felt like shit about it many times. Still do. However, I still choose the potential confrontation over keeping my mouth shut. Accountability is life or death for us. I thank you for defending it as such.

The so-called 'negativity' on the site is all how one looks at it. I do not see any negativity directed towards people who are not messing around. Anything that can be construed as 'negative' is basically calling someone out for not meeting the expectations of KTC or the group. Yeah, sometimes harsh language is used, but that is what usually gets an addict's attention. That's something to keep in mind--when we are calling someone out for not meeting KTC's or the group's expectations--we are addressing the deceitful, lying addict. The addiction co-opts our brains so that we can't differentiate lies from reality. The addict is running the show, but we are not even aware of it. I am also sure the addiction hides with, and is closely intertwined with, the ego. One of the unstated features I see in this KTC quitting business is the proper amount of dissolution of the ego. If you cannot dissolve it enough, you are probably going to be miserable until you sooner or later go back to using again. And then be miserable while using. In my case, 7 more years of misery brought me to my knees and to the point where I was willing to let go of the hate I had for quit sites and quit groups and to buy into the system.

One thing you hear all the time is something to the effect of: "You gotta be all in for this to work." Just think what that is really saying. That is a revolutionary statement. My life changed the second I comprehended that it meant exactly what it said. Some addicts are still not willing to go all in, and their actions and attitudes will reflect that. It is pretty obvious most of the time. That is why retreads are worked over good and well. We want to make sure they are buying into the system 100%, and not repeating same old minimal effort thing. Sometimes, we get fooled again because we have to rely on their words before their actions.

June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 08:46:26 PM »
So here i am, 86 days into my quit, and feeling pretty damn good. But also in the back of mind, still upset that my words help give that nudge to push a fellow quit brother out the door of ktc. I have spoken with him and we have made amends. He promised that he is still quit, but just doesn't care for the amount of negativity around this site, his words. I don't see trying to keep fellow brothers honest in their quit as negative. But that is my own personal point of view. I know i am not solely responsible for his leaving us, he made that decision. In fact, he had thought about it early on in his quit and had seemed to have already had his mind made up. But like i said, his exodus came to fruition due to my confrontation with him, and for that i am truly sorry.

But on a side note, I'm extremely proud, grateful, and honored to be a part of the APRIL BMFERS!  In 5 days we will have our first 2 bad ass mother fuckers of quit boarding that HOF train, and I couldn't be more excited for this moment. More so than my own. Yeah it's really cool i will be 100 days really soon too, but it's you guys who i am most excited for, a bunch of strangers who took me into their ranks and made me feel like family. You truly are my brothers, who helped save my life. I love you guys for it, and will never forget you as long as i have breath in my body
There are no shortage of excuses.  He sought for and found one. I'd rather he stuck it out to 100 instead of using you as an excuse to leave.  As much as I love you (and I do love you in all of your hot manliness!) I do not give you power to make my decisions for me.  That I save just for me. Glad you stuck it out and didn't throw in the towel because he did.  If we all take our ball and go home, there's no game at all.
Thanks Athan, you always have a way of words. Love you too, even though you're Navy lol.  But in all seriousness, I know I don't make anyone's decisions, I get that. The point was that HE decided to call it quits after MY confrontation with him. Yes, I didn't make that decision for him, but I did help give him that nudge that we all believe he was needing. Sucks I had to be the one to do it. I do hope he stays quit even without this site, though the odds say otherwise. Maybe one day he will return and fully embrace this site and find guys like you Athan, who make it worth coming back to. I truly enjoy the bonds and friendships that have been created through this site, there isn't a bunch of assholes I would rather be around than you guys!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 06:34:40 PM »

"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2019, 12:02:49 PM »

QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline mayfly

• Quitter
  • You're either quit or you're not
    • My Intro
  • Quit Date: 08/28/2021
  • Likes Given: 192
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 01:00:04 AM »
So here's my original intro that i left on the main site page prior to getting registered:

January 21, 2019 at 10:28 pm

Been dipping since i was 13, crazy right?! But here i am 23 years later and i am on day #18 of being quit. It’s been rough, headaches, grinding teeth, sore throat, etc…. but I’m not giving up this go around. Quit back in 2005 when i left for Army basic training, upon completion i immediately started back up. So this go around i hope i can lean on ya guys from time to time as i set out for my first goal, day 100!

Damn proud to quit with you EDD Steve!! Its been a pleasure to get to know you and I love what you bring to April.  Thanks for strengthening my quit and super stoked to be boarding the same train as you bud.
Half-assed effort only gives half-assed results

Cravings are like March madness...survive and advance-Bgbdbrd

There are two types of quitters on KTC. Those who post every damn day no matter what. They could survive a plane crash 50 miles from Nome Alaska and would kill a polar bear with a pocket knife, write their days quit on ice with its blood, snap a pic with their cell phone and text it to Drome. Then there are those who always have an excuse not to post or to post late. -bicycleptic

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 07:21:20 PM »
So here's my original intro that i left on the main site page prior to getting registered:

January 21, 2019 at 10:28 pm

Been dipping since i was 13, crazy right?! But here i am 23 years later and i am on day #18 of being quit. It’s been rough, headaches, grinding teeth, sore throat, etc…. but I’m not giving up this go around. Quit back in 2005 when i left for Army basic training, upon completion i immediately started back up. So this go around i hope i can lean on ya guys from time to time as i set out for my first goal, day 100!

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 07:33:14 PM »
So today marks the 30th day without nicotine, no dip cold turkey! Took me a couple weeks after my quit on my own to stumble across KTC, and another few days to get registered and join the BMFers of April, but I'm glad I did. Thankfully as i was trying to find my group, Hilltop reached out and PM me, brought me into the fold. For that i am grateful, thanks brother. So if any of you who are reading this stumble across a lost soul like me who needs some guidance, please do as hilltop did for me, reach out, and get them on track. I may not post as much as other guys, but i do jump on frequently to read the stories of others who have/are going through the same thing. It's a good place to lift your spirits, gain motivation, and get to know fellow quitters. You are all alright in my book. To the BMFers of April  'shots' Here's to the next 30 days
From a fellow April quitter, Ohioan and Buckeye fan, welcome to the BMF’ers of quitting. Proud to quit with you today, and if you need digits, give me a PM. Go Bucks!

Thanks for the support and just know it goes both ways. You ever need a friendly kick in the ass too to say no to the lip shit, hit me up. Or even if you are like me and want to rant and rave when the bucks are doing bad, I'm cool with that too. Truth be told, college football season is going to be the roughest part of quitting. That's why i waited until Buckeye football was over to quit. Shit i would have at least 4 dips during one game just to make it through. So i am at least putting a good amount of time in between football starting back up in order to kick nic for good. But i know it's going to be my hardest trigger. So I'm definitely going to need ya guys when that day comes this fall lol. Again thank you for the support and know I'm here for you, the BMFers of April, and anyone else out there who is ready to quit too. O-H! and GO BUCKS!
I-O! Brother. Football season will be a test for our quit, I second that. We’ve got each other’s digits, let’s keep each other straight. Four dips in a game...I’ve crushed half a can in a close one, and you know what last year was like! We’ll be well down the road by then. Go Bucks!

I actually don't have your number, but i do believe i sent you mine, at least i think i did. Shit i can't keep things straight. If not, i will send them over.

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2019, 11:05:54 PM »
So today marks the 30th day without nicotine, no dip cold turkey! Took me a couple weeks after my quit on my own to stumble across KTC, and another few days to get registered and join the BMFers of April, but I'm glad I did. Thankfully as i was trying to find my group, Hilltop reached out and PM me, brought me into the fold. For that i am grateful, thanks brother. So if any of you who are reading this stumble across a lost soul like me who needs some guidance, please do as hilltop did for me, reach out, and get them on track. I may not post as much as other guys, but i do jump on frequently to read the stories of others who have/are going through the same thing. It's a good place to lift your spirits, gain motivation, and get to know fellow quitters. You are all alright in my book. To the BMFers of April  'shots' Here's to the next 30 days
From a fellow April quitter, Ohioan and Buckeye fan, welcome to the BMF’ers of quitting. Proud to quit with you today, and if you need digits, give me a PM. Go Bucks!

Thanks for the support and just know it goes both ways. You ever need a friendly kick in the ass too to say no to the lip shit, hit me up. Or even if you are like me and want to rant and rave when the bucks are doing bad, I'm cool with that too. Truth be told, college football season is going to be the roughest part of quitting. That's why i waited until Buckeye football was over to quit. Shit i would have at least 4 dips during one game just to make it through. So i am at least putting a good amount of time in between football starting back up in order to kick nic for good. But i know it's going to be my hardest trigger. So I'm definitely going to need ya guys when that day comes this fall lol. Again thank you for the support and know I'm here for you, the BMFers of April, and anyone else out there who is ready to quit too. O-H! and GO BUCKS!
I-O! Brother. Football season will be a test for our quit, I second that. We’ve got each other’s digits, let’s keep each other straight. Four dips in a game...I’ve crushed half a can in a close one, and you know what last year was like! We’ll be well down the road by then. Go Bucks!
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2019, 04:22:28 PM »
From a Spartan to a Buckeye -welcome.

Thanks Sparty brethren! Just glad you didn't say wolverine  'puking'

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2019, 04:15:35 PM »
So today marks the 30th day without nicotine, no dip cold turkey! Took me a couple weeks after my quit on my own to stumble across KTC,
I too rolled solo before joining up here, 27 days solo.  I don't think it's natural for men, at least not American men, to reach out and ask for help.  That was a huge step for me. Glad you're here and rolling free, it's the only way to be.  April has turned out to be one dynamic month of remarkable men.  You're going to fit right in.
Had some issues every 20 days or so in the first 100.  Reach out, you'll end up helping the guy you ask for help.  Any time two quitters get together both are edified.  As iron sharpens iron....
IQWYT
I'm glad that I'm here too, finding a lot of good people here. I also seem to go through phases where im good to go for a few days and then out of nowhere, my jaw starts hurting and im fiending for a dip. Thankfully I've had grinds coffe pouches to help with the rough days, just to have something to put between the gum n cheek to replicate that 'ol feel. But i do appreciate the words of wisdom and look forward to hitting those huge milestones that you and others hit before us. And I also quit with you today!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »
From a Spartan to a Buckeye -welcome.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »
So today marks the 30th day without nicotine, no dip cold turkey! Took me a couple weeks after my quit on my own to stumble across KTC,
I too rolled solo before joining up here, 27 days solo.  I don't think it's natural for men, at least not American men, to reach out and ask for help.  That was a huge step for me. Glad you're here and rolling free, it's the only way to be.  April has turned out to be one dynamic month of remarkable men.  You're going to fit right in.
Had some issues every 20 days or so in the first 100.  Reach out, you'll end up helping the guy you ask for help.  Any time two quitters get together both are edified.  As iron sharpens iron....
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 10:17:36 AM »
Brother, I’m grateful for the kudos. But more than that, I’m super stoked to have you here with April throwing the middle finger to tobacco. Nicotine sucks, and quitting deserves the seriousness that you’re giving it. Keep the path and have a time doing it!!

ABSOLUTELY! Gotta give credit where credit is due. There's a good chance i would have given up on this site and then who knows what may have happened from there... So again, I'm extremely thankful for the support and just know i am here as well if you ever need help staying on the path too. Let's keep kicking ass and saying  'fuz' to the nic bitch!

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »

Offline EnuffSnuff

• Quitter
  • What are you waiting for? Quit already!
  • Quit Date: 01/06/19
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:32:39 PM »
The only right way to quit is today.

My Intro

Floors Visited...1, 2, 3, 4