Author Topic: WTF  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: WTF
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 05:22:00 PM »
Club,
Yeah quitting sucks, but you'll never have a harder 7 day stretch than what you've already gone through, provided you don't cave. But as intros go, your intro tells me you get it. Everyone wants to quit dipping, the true quitters want to quit being a slave to nicotine. So from here, use this site and post roll everyday. The strongest quits here are the most active here...and that is no coincidence. Take posting roll seriously, and you'll take your quit seriously. Welcome aboard.

E&C's Dad

Re: WTF
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 05:18:00 PM »
Club you have come to the right place and congrats on surviving the first few days in the fog alone. Now that the bitch is out of your system its all about the mind games. Read all you can and post frequently especially if WHEN you hit a rough patch. We post roll everyday and then keep our word not to use. Not easy but very simple. Be sure to read the welcome center and let us know if you have questions.

QUIT HARD!

Offline sgtclub

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-10
  • Likes Given: 0
WTF
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Today is Day 7. I would have introduced myself earlier, but this site is seriously fucking hard to navigate in a fog.

My story is not unique. I'm 43. I can't remember when I had my first dip, but it was probably around the age of 13. I know by the age of 15 it was a tin a day habit. Skoal long cut the last decade or so. Before that Kodiac, Cope, etc. You all know the drill.

I've known I am an addict for probably the last 20 years. I never really tried to quit nic. Sure, I've switch delivery systems for a few months here and there (cigarettes, nic gum, the patch, etc.), but never tried to quit. I can't say for certain, but until 7 days ago, I don't think a day went by over the last 28 years when I didn't do nicotine.

About 6 months ago I've started really getting sick of being a slave. I hadn't even realized it before, but I finally woke up to the amount of time and energy I was spending planning, hiding, worrying etc. and really didn't like it. I wanted to be FREE!!!! In fact, when I quit, I started with a little mantra/breathing exercise, where I take a deep breath in and think "FREE" and then blow it out and think "DOM" - it's working for me as a good reminder for my reasons for quitting.

So I quit dipping August 25, and started in on NRT for a couple of weeks. My plan was to follow the standard 12 week cessation program, but a couple of weeks in, I said fuck it and went cold turkey. Boy was I fucking ignorant. I really had no respect for the drug and everything that came along with withdrawing from it. Day 1 was fine. But days 2, 3 and 5 were fucking awful.

The last 2 days have been OK, but my attention span is short and I can't really focus very well. The funny thing is that I have no desire for a dip and I don't have cravings. I just want to feel normal again. I want my skin to stop tingling. I want to get out of the fog. I want to be able to focus again. I want to stop having this fucking oral fixation.

All in good time I guess.

Anyway, that's all I got for now. Thanks for listening

Club