Author Topic: My introduction  (Read 9886 times)

Offline Ruthless

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date : 29 May 2019
  • Likes Given: 558
Re: My introduction
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 10:43:56 PM »
Hey man, you're doing a hell of a job and I'm proud to be quit with you.

I promise you the build up to doing something without dip for the first time in a long time is much worse than actually going through with it.  Our minds allow us to make it worse than it is.

Keep being a quitter ODAAT!

Remember, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.  If you fail, learn why you failed and try something different!

My HoF Speech

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quit Date: October 23, 2022
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 165
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 11:31:02 PM »
Update on my quit:

I'm on day 26 and I think I'm going to use my introduction thread kind of like a journal haha.

Well anyways, I feel like I'm in the psychological part of my quit right now. I still get cravings but they're not "painful" in the way they were in the first couple of weeks. I have a constant, dull pain in my right jaw that is very annoying but that is from a wisdom tooth that is getting removed soon, so once I'm past that hump this ride will be much easier. I feel like if I didn't have the accountability offered here I would have caved a few days ago to be honest.

I would say that I'm mostly out of the fog, but there's a tad bit of it still there. The biggest challenge I'm facing right now is not wanting to do a certain things because I don't have dip if that makes sense. I think it's just me making up an excuse to be lazy. Doing something without dip has been comparable to stepping into a slightly chilly pool, after a few nagging moments you get used to it.

I believe that's all I have for now, if you're someone that's contemplating on quitting, I want you to understand that my symptoms have improved incredibly. Yes, I still have challenges but I would argue they are much easier. Honestly, a lot the psychological stuff I'm going through is most likely just life. If I have any advice for new quitters, you need to treat your quit as an illness, you feel sick and dip will not make you feel better, staying away from it will make you feel better and consider roll-call your daily prescription medication.

Proud of my October group it's fun getting through this together as a team. Side note, the roll-call we do every morning reminds of roll-call from when I was in college pledging a fraternity, especially when the veterans get upset when someone is late lol.
Never Again For Any Reason
One Day At A Time

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 09:19:39 PM »
Update on my visit to the dentist:

My check-up went very well. My dentist said I'm a very moderate teeth-grinder at best. Turns out my pain is from one of my thirds is sitting right above a nerve, growing into one of my seconds thus putting pressure on the right side of my mouth. So now I have an appointment in early September to have all of my wisdom teeth removed. As far as cancer goes, he checked for it and laughed when I asked if I had cancer and told me that I have a very healthy mouth.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. This is a big relief and now knowing that I'm in the clear makes this quit a tad more easier.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 09:24:34 PM by BaylorGrad19 »
One Day At A Time

Offline Judaculla

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, family, friends and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 05:21:19 AM »
Praying for you on the dentist visit today as well as overcoming the craves. Proud to be quitting with you in Oct.

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 12:38:18 AM »
I'm nearly 3 weeks into my quit and figured I would give you guys and myself an update because I know one day I'll want to look back on this process and remember how much it has sucked.

Right now I'm at the conclusion of Day 18. These past 3-5 days have been a roller coaster. I have moments of bliss where I don't really experience any pain or craves, and then in other parts of the day I'm in downright hell. During the good moments I still have a tingle of jaw pain, and in the bad moments its all I can think about. I'm at the point where I can't tell if I'm craving or if I'm just in pain. The pain is starting to disrupt my sleep. I know one thing for sure is I definitely do not want dip whatsoever.

I believe the pain may be from grinding my teeth/clenching my mouth at night and subconsciously throughout the day. Perhaps right now I am overwhelming myself with pressure and expectations I have for my goals/tasks in stage in my life. I hope this is the case. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment to make sure this is the case. It's not an easy road but I'm working on changing my mindset and dealing with these problems I'm experiencing, I know when I come out of the other side of this I will be a better person than I was before.

I am 100% bought into the process on this website. I do not want to relapse EVER. I know we preach ODAAT here, but if I ever feel like I don't need this website I want you guys to take me back here and quote me on this because I don't want to be one of those guys that relapses after years of quit.

I'm incredibly thankful for this community, my October group, the people in our group messages, and the information that has been shared with me, hope y'all have a good night and see yall on roll tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:42:37 AM by BaylorGrad19 »
One Day At A Time

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 10:37:28 AM »
Thank you for your support Broccoli

I sure do know the rest of that story lol. I'm happy with the amount of Texans on board with KTC. Looking forward to college football and quit conversations.

From what I've seen with you and other Texans on this board we all have three things in common:
1. Proud Texans
2. Want to see Texas lose
3. Quitting dip every day

If only Texas was as big as Alaska  roflmao roflmao

Unfortunately Texas is becoming second best at everything rapidly.  I was born here 41 years ago and it's sure become a different place.
1.  Second largest state
2.  Second in Californian douchebag population

I loved my trip to Alaska.  Beautiful, but no idea how I could afford to live there. 

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 06:56:25 PM »

I sure do know the rest of that story lol. I'm happy with the amount of Texans on board with KTC. Looking forward to college football and quit conversations.

From what I've seen with you and other Texans on this board we all have three things in common:
1. Proud Texans

If only Texas was as big as Alaska  roflmao roflmao
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 06:33:58 PM »

1. Proud Texans
One Day At A Time

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »
Great first post, and glad you're here man. 

Did you know that Art Briles's downhill slide all started because he started dipping?  One thing let to another, and you know the rest.  If you need digits, or want to talk, feel free to PM me.  Us Texans gotta stick together.  I'm up in Sherman, but am a Red Raider at heart.

And I made up that story about Briles.  But it coulda happened.  :)

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 01:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement Chris.
You are right about the mindset, I will adjust to that kind of attitude.
Also, the saying that nicotine doesn't solve any problems is very accurate, the magnitude of that statement is easily over-looked at times but I will always keep it in mind because I think those are great words of wisdom.
One Day At A Time

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 06:05:51 PM »
Hey y'all,
I've been peaking around this website for the past few weeks and have decided to become active because I don't think I can take on quitting alone.

Now to share a little bit about myself:

My first pinch of tobacco ever was during the Summer of 2016. I was over at a friend's house and he was surprised that I had never tried dip before, so what the hell one pinch couldn't hurt so I tried Copenhagen wintergreen long-cut. My first experience pretty standard, didn't really care for dip, didn't plan on dipping ever again.

A few months later, during my sophomore year of college, in November 2016 I was going through some personal issues. A friend recommended that I try snus because it might lift my spirits and distract me. So I did. I enjoyed snus, and I self-medicated my emotions with snus. I got through those problems, but I continued using, because I felt that it made life easier to handle.

Moving onto the Summer of 2017, I studied abroad in Argentina. In Argentina, there isn't any dipping tobacco of any kind, at least not any I could find. I'm not into cigarettes, so I quit for the Summer of 2017 cold turkey since I didn't bring any dip with me. Once I arrived back in the states, I figured my stint with dipping tobacco and snus had come to a close. I was done using, I didn't crave for nicotine anymore. Obviously this was not the case.

During my last week in Argentina, I almost got arrested. A month after returning home, the professor in charge of my study abroad trip contacted me. In short, I was going to get in a lot of trouble with my school, so I got incredibly stressed out and started using snus again. (good news is I didn't get in any trouble)

For the last two years of college, I experienced ups and downs, but one thing remained constant: my use of dipping tobacco.

Right now, I'm studying for the law school admissions test and applying for law schools. I feel like this moment in my life is very stressful, but the best time to leave this bad habit behind. I don't want to bore you guys any more with details so that's all I have to say for now. I've been quit since 7/21/2019 and I'm scared and struggling, but I am happy to join this group.

Thank you,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Well, first congratulations on making a super wise decision to quit and for making it after using for such a short time compared to most of us here (31 years for me).  That is awesome.  I am going to quote a phrase to you and I want you to ALWAYS remember it.  Ready?,

1 Problem + nicotine = 2 problems; nicotine never solved ANY problem.

So, whenever you are stressing out about anything in life, just remember that saying,

The next thing I would like to comment about is your reference to this being a "bad habit".  My friend, this is nothing compared to a bad habit, a bad habit is picking your nose and wiping the buggers on the wall behind the sofa.  You and everyone here are NICOTINE ADDICTS.  You need to get your mind right on this fact otherwise it will be increasingly difficult for you to succeed.

Keep posting your promise everyday to abstain from nicotine.  In here we Wake Up, Piss, Post (WUPP).  Don't wait till the end of your day come post your status update that you are still quit.  That is not a promise.  Get on here early in the day, make your promise and take nicotine off the table for the day.  Get to know the other quitters in your group and some of the vets, exchange phone numbers with them.  These numbers are your lifeline when you need instant support and they are the foundation of your web of accountability and brotherhood.

PM me if you would like my digits, I am always happy to oblige.

Great job posting roll today.  You nailed it first time out of the gate.

Proud to quit with you (PTQWY),

Chris
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline BaylorGrad19

• Quitter
My introduction
« on: July 30, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »
Hey y'all,
I've been peaking around this website for the past few weeks and have decided to become active because I don't think I can take on quitting alone.

Now to share a little bit about myself:

My first pinch of tobacco ever was during the Summer of 2016. I was over at a friend's house and he was surprised that I had never tried dip before, so what the hell one pinch couldn't hurt so I tried Copenhagen wintergreen long-cut. My first experience pretty standard, didn't really care for dip, didn't plan on dipping ever again.

A few months later, during my sophomore year of college, in November 2016 I was going through some personal issues. A friend recommended that I try snus because it might lift my spirits and distract me. So I did. I enjoyed snus, and I self-medicated my emotions with snus. I got through those problems, but I continued using, because I felt that it made life easier to handle.

Moving onto the Summer of 2017, I studied abroad in Argentina. In Argentina, there isn't any dipping tobacco of any kind, at least not any I could find. I'm not into cigarettes, so I quit for the Summer of 2017 cold turkey since I didn't bring any dip with me. Once I arrived back in the states, I figured my stint with dipping tobacco and snus had come to a close. I was done using, I didn't crave for nicotine anymore. Obviously this was not the case.

During my last week in Argentina, I almost got arrested. A month after returning home, the professor in charge of my study abroad trip contacted me. In short, I was going to get in a lot of trouble with my school, so I got incredibly stressed out and started using snus again. (good news is I didn't get in any trouble)

For the last two years of college, I experienced ups and downs, but one thing remained constant: my use of dipping tobacco.

Right now, I'm studying for the law school admissions test and applying for law schools. I feel like this moment in my life is very stressful, but the best time to leave this bad habit behind. I don't want to bore you guys any more with details so that's all I have to say for now. I've been quit since 7/21/2019 and I'm scared and struggling, but I am happy to join this group.

Thank you,
Matt

One Day At A Time