Author Topic: 28 hours  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: 28 hours
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 07:17:16 AM »
Yesterday I could taste and feel it. Last few years I was a grizzly wintergreen man, and I could perfectly taste that sickly mint. I could feel the lump, feel the tiny bits of tobacco, and damn I wanted it. I can go hours without thinking about it anymore, I might be able to do days if I didn't log in here.

My eyes have been wandering off the path and looking around. Fortunately I found this page where this guy shows his nasty surgery and cancer problems so that has set me back on the path. Gotta remind myself why I am doing this.
http://www.outdoortexan.com/mycancer.htm

Anyway, just blathering and getting these thoughts out of my head so I don't have to carry them anymore.
@Rexmanning
You seem to be romanticizing dipping and that is a problem. Nothing positive comes from putting a dead plant in your mouth and spitting. Also, you never want to forget dipping and the addiction that comes with it. Once you let your defense down you will be in trouble and the nic bitch will come calling. We are all addicts, we will never be cured, the routine you establish early on will go along way in keeping you quit. I hope you have made some good connections with fellow quitters. If you need help with brotherhood or accountability, reach out. I am happy to help and could always use another quit brother on my team.
There might be some romanticizing there but I thought the big takeaway was that he fought off those thoughts and was re-commiting to his quit
I agree, nice to see you battle back that demon. That bugger will keep trying so keep your guard up. Great job Rex.

I could still smell copenhagen in my house months after I quit.  It was everywhere because I dipped everywhere.  I think I may even have had some phantom smells after multiple cleanings.

Keep winning every day and it does go away eventually.  I quit with you today!
Interesting you say that Stranger, I just read your post and had such a wicked smell of cope that I thought that a can was still sitting here. It is so amazing what this crap has done and still will do to you. This will be a constant battle for sure and its only day 168 so far. Stay strong people and PTBQWYT. 

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 11:54:20 PM »
Yesterday I could taste and feel it. Last few years I was a grizzly wintergreen man, and I could perfectly taste that sickly mint. I could feel the lump, feel the tiny bits of tobacco, and damn I wanted it. I can go hours without thinking about it anymore, I might be able to do days if I didn't log in here.

My eyes have been wandering off the path and looking around. Fortunately I found this page where this guy shows his nasty surgery and cancer problems so that has set me back on the path. Gotta remind myself why I am doing this.

Anyway, just blathering and getting these thoughts out of my head so I don't have to carry them anymore.
@Rexmanning
You seem to be romanticizing dipping and that is a problem. Nothing positive comes from putting a dead plant in your mouth and spitting. Also, you never want to forget dipping and the addiction that comes with it. Once you let your defense down you will be in trouble and the nic bitch will come calling. We are all addicts, we will never be cured, the routine you establish early on will go along way in keeping you quit. I hope you have made some good connections with fellow quitters. If you need help with brotherhood or accountability, reach out. I am happy to help and could always use another quit brother on my team.
There might be some romanticizing there but I thought the big takeaway was that he fought off those thoughts and was re-commiting to his quit
I agree, nice to see you battle back that demon. That bugger will keep trying so keep your guard up. Great job Rex.

I could still smell copenhagen in my house months after I quit.  It was everywhere because I dipped everywhere.  I think I may even have had some phantom smells after multiple cleanings.

Keep winning every day and it does go away eventually.  I quit with you today!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 09:30:57 PM »

@Rexmanning

Offline Rexmanning

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 06:45:55 PM »
Definitely some romanticizing which is definitely a problem. It's just another way that Satan or weakness or my addiction or whatever term you use, is trying to break me. But I like the term "romanticizing" because now I have a word for this feeling and knowing the problem and naming the problem makes it more manageable.

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 05:49:44 PM »

@Rexmanning
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 01:49:44 PM »

@Rexmanning
Jan19

Offline Rexmanning

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 11:27:58 PM »
Yesterday was hiking to keep ke occupied and today is choring. I'm pasr the intense cravings but now I got a low level and constant background craving. Or maybe I'm just thinking ahout it all the time. Now is time for the mental battle. I've been here before and tricked myself with "5 days wasnt that hard you could do it again easy. Why not have just one dip, you can do this you're strong." Haha forget that noise
You are spot on @Rexmanning   You will never regret quitting but will always regret caving. Keep quitting ODAAT and let those days add up.

That background noise doesn't stop.  I've been quit for almost 5 years and I had a dip dream a week or so ago.  Keep beating back against nicotine every day brother!  Never forget to wake up and quit!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »
Yesterday was hiking to keep ke occupied and today is choring. I'm pasr the intense cravings but now I got a low level and constant background craving. Or maybe I'm just thinking ahout it all the time. Now is time for the mental battle. I've been here before and tricked myself with "5 days wasnt that hard you could do it again easy. Why not have just one dip, you can do this you're strong." Haha forget that noise
You are spot on @Rexmanning   You will never regret quitting but will always regret caving. Keep quitting ODAAT and let those days add up.
Jan19

Offline Rexmanning

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 10:55:42 AM »
I never think about quitting for good, I just wake up, post roll and quit today.

This is really resonating with me right now. Glad I showed up this morning. Thanks for the input everyone.

When I said it was dumb I meant that y'all would understand but if you took that sentence in a vacuum and told it to someone who never dealt with this, you would sound insane. "You're proud you drove past a gas station? WTF I do that all the time." I am still proud of it and will enjoy these little victories.

Been dipping for 17 damn years and I can't do it anymore. Longest I ever stopped was the 3 months or so of basic training but then I was right back at it. I'm too old and got too many people relying on me for me to continue this crap.

Today I am hitting the phase where I have a lot of nervous energy and can't concentrate too well. Gonna get through it. That page about what to expect as you quit is clutch and helps me realize that this is normal and that it will end. See y'all tomorrow
Keep pounding the water and find ways to expel that nervous energy - running, weight lifting, etc. Share digits with some fellow quitters using the My Messages feature in the top toolbar so you can reach out when that crave bitch slaps you on the face out of nowhere. Don't be a stranger on here. Come back throughout the day and interact with your group and other topics on the forum. A lot of the stuff here (like in the Wildcard section) is to distract you in time of cravings or rough patches. Use all the tools we have here.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline Rexmanning

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 10:45:09 AM »
I never think about quitting for good, I just wake up, post roll and quit today.

This is really resonating with me right now. Glad I showed up this morning. Thanks for the input everyone.

When I said it was dumb I meant that y'all would understand but if you took that sentence in a vacuum and told it to someone who never dealt with this, you would sound insane. "You're proud you drove past a gas station? WTF I do that all the time." I am still proud of it and will enjoy these little victories.

Been dipping for 17 damn years and I can't do it anymore. Longest I ever stopped was the 3 months or so of basic training but then I was right back at it. I'm too old and got too many people relying on me for me to continue this crap.

Today I am hitting the phase where I have a lot of nervous energy and can't concentrate too well. Gonna get through it. That page about what to expect as you quit is clutch and helps me realize that this is normal and that it will end. See y'all tomorrow

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 08:29:54 AM »
Drove past a convenience store and didn't stop in, thought about it for sure. That sounds so dumb to say but it's true and I am glad I have somewhere to get it out of my system.
What sounds dumb? That you thought about pulling in to a store and buying a can? If that makes you dumb, you, my friend, are surrounded by dumbasses here because we have ALL thought about that, whether it be 2 days into our quits or 200 days.

What you will come to understand if you are here long enough is that every day is day 1. We do things ODAAT - One Day At A Time. Make a promise and keep it for 24 hours. Come back the next day, and do it again.

KTC is the place to vent, to rail, to rage, to break down because we know. We've been where you are. We're all one fuck up away from being where you were 2 days ago. We're addicts. We will support you, but ONLY if we know you are also supporting yourself first. ACCOUNTABILITY + BROTHERHOOD = SUCCESS.  Notice that the word "support" isn't in the equation. It is a byproduct of the addends. The Nicodemon will talk sweet to you; we won't. The Nicodemon wants your mind; we want your word.

You quit. You are quit. Now, stay that way. I saw where you posted in the November group today. That's awesome, and I am proud to be quit with you. Just do this one thing...

Keep your word.
GS9502  - 161 days free

Damn GS!!  Preach that shit!!  You motivated my ass for the day.  Couldn't agree more with every word you type. 

Settle in Rex.  Read as much as you can on the site (HOF speeches, commas, intros, etc).  Lean on us.  Rage here...we'll rage back.  Keep that worm turd out of your mouth at any cost.  You are a warrior and can do this shit. 

PTBQWY brother

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4332
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »
Sorry I should not have come in here like that. Was in a bad head space and poured alcohol on top of that which we all know where that goes.

Anyway I am 48 hours free and I am motivated but also leery of the future. I have quit many times before. Hopefully this is my last. I am going to do some looking around here with a clear head.
These guys speak a lot of wisdom; I hope you are taking notes @Rexmanning.

One thing I wanted to clarify right away is that you never quit before. You merely stopped. Make this time your QUIT. To do that, only worry about today. It's all we can control. "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." Quit only for today and deal with tomorrow when it arrives. Anyone can quit for 24 hours. Start stringing them together and you will amazed at the success you will find.

Get into your November group and start by posting roll (your day count and promise not to use nicotine in ANY form that day) early, each and every morning. We can't quit for you but we can help you along the way.

Feel free to give each convenience store you pass the middle finger. I did that for the longest time and it felt good. Prove to yourself you are stronger than a dead, poisonous plant in a plastic can.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:52:15 PM by MNxEngineer314 »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »
Drove past a convenience store and didn't stop in, thought about it for sure. That sounds so dumb to say but it's true and I am glad I have somewhere to get it out of my system.
What sounds dumb? That you thought about pulling in to a store and buying a can? If that makes you dumb, you, my friend, are surrounded by dumbasses here because we have ALL thought about that, whether it be 2 days into our quits or 200 days.

What you will come to understand if you are here long enough is that every day is day 1. We do things ODAAT - One Day At A Time. Make a promise and keep it for 24 hours. Come back the next day, and do it again.

KTC is the place to vent, to rail, to rage, to break down because we know. We've been where you are. We're all one fuck up away from being where you were 2 days ago. We're addicts. We will support you, but ONLY if we know you are also supporting yourself first. ACCOUNTABILITY + BROTHERHOOD = SUCCESS.  Notice that the word "support" isn't in the equation. It is a byproduct of the addends. The Nicodemon will talk sweet to you; we won't. The Nicodemon wants your mind; we want your word.

You quit. You are quit. Now, stay that way. I saw where you posted in the November group today. That's awesome, and I am proud to be quit with you. Just do this one thing...

Keep your word.
GS9502  - 161 days free
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson