Author Topic: Quit after almost 25 years  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Quit after almost 25 years
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 12:28:11 AM »
I wish I had found that 30 minute cure - it would have saved me a lot of time from posting roll, making connections, and dealing with vets here when I started my journey.  Hope it works for you brother!

Offline Levi

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 11:22:32 AM »
Come join us on discord, Jay!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 09:44:15 AM »
Hey all,

My name is Jay and I am proud to say that I am 1 week Skoal mint free after 25 years.  I
took my last pitter out at 1238 hrs on 1/11/23.

A little bit about me.  I never touched dip/tobacco until my freshman year in college which was in 1993.  I was recruited by and played baseball for an SEC team and as a northerner, fist pumping Jersey Shore guy, i succumbed to the peer pressure of wanting to fit in…I loved it lol.  Carried it through a couple of different organizations after college, then in thru the military, and now as I near the bottom of the 9th of my career in Law Enforcement,    It’s been quite a ride and Mint Skoal was with me as steady as my partner has been. 

So, last Wednesday I went to a therapist who uses light therapy as a means to quit nicotine. It’s almost like acupuncture. I thought she was a complete wackadoo but I knew of two people that went to her and they quit, so I said what the hell.  Started with breathing and relaxation then a light on various pressure points yada yada…30 minutes later I was done.

Here I am a week later with zero cravings.  I shit you not.  The first two days were tough, with withdrawals and everything associated with it.  The sleeping at night has been off a bit but seems to be coming around.  No night sweats, no headache, and I have put myself in every position where I would have had Skoal (driving, running, after meals, at work,).

The therapist suggested taking Emergenc-e everyday because vitamin C helps with the cravings.  I have been doing that and I have been using the zero tobacco/zero nicotine from Black Buffalo and I just got my order of Outlaw.

So this is me

Welcome back @jrams16. I see you walked these floors for a little bit back in 2011. Damn, look at all the years you would have been quit if you would have bought in and stayed with the process. I suggest you join us on Discord, https://discord.gg/9qXQcTHuhd , and get back to post daily in your group if you are really ready to quit and not just have another stoppage. Nothing keeps you quit like brother/sisterhood and accountability.
Jan19

Offline jrams16

• Quitter
  • Interests: NHL, New York Islanders, Dallas Cowboys, BYU Football, New York Yankees, and LA Dodgers; Jack Daniels; my German Shepherd Dog; my family.
  • Likes Given: 0
Quit after almost 25 years
« on: January 18, 2023, 10:48:02 PM »
Hey all,

My name is Jay and I am proud to say that I am 1 week Skoal mint free after 25 years.  I
took my last pitter out at 1238 hrs on 1/11/23.

A little bit about me.  I never touched dip/tobacco until my freshman year in college which was in 1993.  I was recruited by and played baseball for an SEC team and as a northerner, fist pumping Jersey Shore guy, i succumbed to the peer pressure of wanting to fit in…I loved it lol.  Carried it through a couple of different organizations after college, then in thru the military, and now as I near the bottom of the 9th of my career in Law Enforcement,    It’s been quite a ride and Mint Skoal was with me as steady as my partner has been. 

So, last Wednesday I went to a therapist who uses light therapy as a means to quit nicotine. It’s almost like acupuncture. I thought she was a complete wackadoo but I knew of two people that went to her and they quit, so I said what the hell.  Started with breathing and relaxation then a light on various pressure points yada yada…30 minutes later I was done.

Here I am a week later with zero cravings.  I shit you not.  The first two days were tough, with withdrawals and everything associated with it.  The sleeping at night has been off a bit but seems to be coming around.  No night sweats, no headache, and I have put myself in every position where I would have had Skoal (driving, running, after meals, at work,).

The therapist suggested taking Emergenc-e everyday because vitamin C helps with the cravings.  I have been doing that and I have been using the zero tobacco/zero nicotine from Black Buffalo and I just got my order of Outlaw.

So this is me