Author Topic: Quit day 6 for me  (Read 64407 times)

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 245
Re: Quit day 6 for me
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
Quote from: RTistic
Quote from: Stranger999
Quote from: JBird
I was thinking same thing earlier today boy it fucking feels like forever since I quit even tho today is day 6!. The nicotine withdrawals are gone but I have the worst neck pain EVER! It's excruciating
Focus on day 7 my brother. It does seem to get better with each day.
On Day 12. It does get better with each day. I don't seem to have the major cravings anymore, just a few here and there that go away fairly quickly. I'm still finding myself sitting there thinking that I should be doing something (with the Nic Bitch), but I kicked that NIC BITCH out nearly 2 weeks ago...never to return. I stay quit with all of you!!!
On day 11 I still have some mouth numbness. The good news is it is not nearly as bad as day 4 or 5 when I felt like every glass of water was going to spill right down my chest. I've been drinking 2 cups of black coffee in the morning and drinking about 2 liters of water every day after that. I've chewed about 3 or 4 packs of sugarless gum just to keep my mouth busy. I've been trying to get in a little light exercise every day as well. I suck at exercise almost as bad as I used to suck at quitting dip. :P

The fog now actually lifts every now and then but there are still moments where I find myself staring at the walls without knowing what I was just doing. BRING ON DAY 12!

I quit with you all.
Mentally it feels like I'm waiting for the finish line. Like yay you did it! then back to the old addiction. but i also realize thats the nic bitch playing tricks on me and I'm not gonna let her fuck with My life anymore. December quit group FTW!
I wish there was a finish line. I've used nicotine for 35 years on and off. Every time I thought I had quit I kept going back. And going back and back for years at a time. I thought I could sneak it in every now and then. I thought I could just hide away and "ninja" it. There is nothing left to do but admit I am a fucking addict.

I think the only way is to post roll every day and leave myself this message in a bottle so that future me understands why he shouldn't cave again someday.

I quit with you all peeps.

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2015, 09:27:00 PM »
I was thinking same thing earlier today boy it fucking feels like forever since I quit even tho today is day 6!. The nicotine withdrawals are gone but I have the worst neck pain EVER! It's excruciating
On Day 12. It does get better with each day. I don't seem to have the major cravings anymore, just a few here and there that go away fairly quickly. I'm still finding myself sitting there thinking that I should be doing something (with the Nic Bitch), but I kicked that NIC BITCH out nearly 2 weeks ago...never to return. I stay quit with all of you!!!
On day 11 I still have some mouth numbness. The good news is it is not nearly as bad as day 4 or 5 when I felt like every glass of water was going to spill right down my chest. I've been drinking 2 cups of black coffee in the morning and drinking about 2 liters of water every day after that. I've chewed about 3 or 4 packs of sugarless gum just to keep my mouth busy. I've been trying to get in a little light exercise every day as well. I suck at exercise almost as bad as I used to suck at quitting dip. :P

The fog now actually lifts every now and then but there are still moments where I find myself staring at the walls without knowing what I was just doing. BRING ON DAY 12!

I quit with you all.
Mentally it feels like I'm waiting for the finish line. Like yay you did it! then back to the old addiction. but i also realize thats the nic bitch playing tricks on me and I'm not gonna let her fuck with My life anymore. December quit group FTW!
The three of you have saved way over $125 so far. You'll be stacking Benjamins damn fast at this rate. Pretty sweet that you are saving money, saving your life, and getting a lot of time back too. Yep, there is done pain. But there is a fuckton of gain. December Rox.

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-09
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »

I quit with you all.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »

I quit with you all.

Offline JBird

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-09-04
  • Interests: All Sports
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 08:14:00 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 06:58:00 PM »

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 06:43:00 PM »

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 06:35:00 PM »
To be honest I panicked a little when I realized I still had the thumb nail. I thought perhaps my subconscious had decided I'm not going to stay quit.

The thumb nail is gone. I'm staying quit.

Stay strong - I quit with you all today.

Offline nomorecope!

• Quitter
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 05:22:00 PM »
Quote from: JB65
Day 10 is rolling along and I am still quit.

I just trimmed down my left thumb nail. You know, that nail you purposely grow a little longer so it will easily cut through the wrapping of a can of Copenhagen long cut.

I can't believe I forgot about that until just now. LOL
Its nice having clean cut nails eh lol. i stay quit with you! how you holding up bro
So funny Completely know what u mean.
I play guitar and growing the left thumb nail longer always fucked with my guitar playing
That's another thing I won't miss - catching my thumb nail on something and tearing it. OUCH! :P
Haha! I forgot about that, I know exactly what your mean. It seems like it was years ago that I used to do that. This time warp concept is real, it was only 6 days ago that I was opening my last can, seems like forever. Crazy.

Keep on keepin' on stranger,

We quit with you.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
My guess is your keyboard, it took months before every little bit of dried up bit of Skoal was out of my desk drawer. I won't smell your fingers but probably could find someone who will.

11 days is BAD ASS by the way!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 02:30:00 PM »
Greetings all from day 11.

I spent last night tossing and turning and probably only got an hour of sleep. I don't remember that happening since the early days of my quit. I'm not sure if this is that "last visit from the nicotine bitch" or my system just could not handle the anxiety of last nights Eagles game. I'm hoping the latter.

I got up, made some coffee and started work. This seems to be my most productive day since I started my quit. I think the fog is on the run.

Oddly though my pinch fingers still seem to smell a little bit like Cope. Does it just take a while for the fingertips to get clean? My other thought is that I am picking that odor up from my keyboard and mouse. Or maybe both? Of course maybe it is just in my head. :P

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 12:06:00 AM »

I just trimmed down my left thumb nail. You know, that nail you purposely grow a little longer so it will easily cut through the wrapping of a can of Copenhagen long cut.

Its nice having clean cut nails eh lol. i stay quit with you! how you holding up bro
I play guitar and growing the left thumb nail longer always fucked with my guitar playing
That's another thing I won't miss - catching my thumb nail on something and tearing it. OUCH! :P

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 08:23:00 PM »

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »

Offline RTistic

• Quitter
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2015, 05:43:00 PM »