Author Topic: Worktowin's road to winning  (Read 64658 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
Re: Worktowin's road to winning
« Reply #700 on: January 13, 2023, 04:12:16 PM »
December 24, 2022

10 years ago today I decided to quit for the millionth time. I struggled for 16 days in a haze of confusion and fog before I found this miracle online.

The past 10 years have been the best, and the worst, of my life. Through it all I’ve posted every day and made friends of integrity that mean the world to me and that I will not fail or betray.

God bless each of you, thank you for the support, and Merry Christmas to you all

Michael/worktowin

Congrats on 10 years of freedom @worktowin. I appreciate what you do and for helping me in my quit. Proud to call you my friend brother. Cheers to 10 more.  'Bow'

Congrats brother!  I'm proud to quit with you today and can't wait to quit again tomorrow!   8)
Cheers brother. Who's this imposter that confused me???
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #699 on: December 24, 2022, 08:41:16 PM »
December 24, 2022

10 years ago today I decided to quit for the millionth time. I struggled for 16 days in a haze of confusion and fog before I found this miracle online.

The past 10 years have been the best, and the worst, of my life. Through it all I’ve posted every day and made friends of integrity that mean the world to me and that I will not fail or betray.

God bless each of you, thank you for the support, and Merry Christmas to you all

Michael/worktowin

Congrats on 10 years of freedom @worktowin. I appreciate what you do and for helping me in my quit. Proud to call you my friend brother. Cheers to 10 more.  'Bow'

Congrats brother!  I'm proud to quit with you today and can't wait to quit again tomorrow!   8)

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #698 on: December 24, 2022, 05:30:09 PM »
December 24, 2022

Michael/worktowin

Jan19

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #697 on: December 24, 2022, 01:18:07 PM »
December 24, 2022

Michael/worktowin

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #696 on: February 15, 2022, 11:16:41 PM »
Rest In Peace, Steven.
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please reach out to your family here if you need anything.

My God Bless Steven's soul. I'm sorry work! Hang in there.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #695 on: February 14, 2022, 08:49:14 AM »
Rest In Peace, Steven.
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please reach out to your family here if you need anything.
Jan19

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #694 on: February 14, 2022, 01:58:28 AM »
Rest In Peace, Steven.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #693 on: February 11, 2022, 02:27:54 PM »
Day 3,336

Wax on.  Wax off.  Mask on.  Mask off.  The world is a crazy, confusing place these days.

Quitting is easy these days.  I miss the days when the intros were full of new topics and messed up new quitters, but it is the times we live in.

Tomorrow I'm beginning a leave of absence from my job to go down and take care of my brother in his last days.  The tongue cancer spread was as aggressive as we feared, and the fight was not successful.  This has been an emotional roller coaster for me.  Steven is my best friend, and I've known him longer than I've known anyone on earth.  Kind, giving, caring, intelligent beyond belief.  Such a waste at 56 to lose him.  But I'm so thankful that I've taken the steps to prevent this from happening to me, and I'm so thankful that he's been in my life.

Life is a roller coaster, and the past couple of years have sure been full of wild rides.  Quitting nicotine, joining this site, making friends, posting daily.... all the best decisions I've ever made.

Appreciate your thoughts and prayers over the coming days.  And, as always, I'm honored to quit with every one of you.

Prayers coming your way my friend, all the hard work you have put in this site has allowed more than just yourself not succumb to a similar fate.  For that we are all truly thankful... prayers for Steven on his next journey.  Love ya bro!!!
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember you have a family here if you need a shoulder to lean on.
Prayers for you and your family. We're all here for you if you need us, man.
I'm glad he's got a brother like you...I'm glad you're my brother too.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
« Reply #692 on: February 11, 2022, 09:29:37 AM »
Day 3,336

Wax on.  Wax off.  Mask on.  Mask off.  The world is a crazy, confusing place these days.

Quitting is easy these days.  I miss the days when the intros were full of new topics and messed up new quitters, but it is the times we live in.

Tomorrow I'm beginning a leave of absence from my job to go down and take care of my brother in his last days.  The tongue cancer spread was as aggressive as we feared, and the fight was not successful.  This has been an emotional roller coaster for me.  Steven is my best friend, and I've known him longer than I've known anyone on earth.  Kind, giving, caring, intelligent beyond belief.  Such a waste at 56 to lose him.  But I'm so thankful that I've taken the steps to prevent this from happening to me, and I'm so thankful that he's been in my life.

Life is a roller coaster, and the past couple of years have sure been full of wild rides.  Quitting nicotine, joining this site, making friends, posting daily.... all the best decisions I've ever made.

Appreciate your thoughts and prayers over the coming days.  And, as always, I'm honored to quit with every one of you.

Prayers coming your way my friend, all the hard work you have put in this site has allowed more than just yourself not succumb to a similar fate.  For that we are all truly thankful... prayers for Steven on his next journey.  Love ya bro!!!
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Remember you have a family here if you need a shoulder to lean on.
Prayers for you and your family. We're all here for you if you need us, man.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #691 on: February 11, 2022, 08:44:46 AM »
Day 3,336

Jan19

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 971
« Reply #690 on: February 10, 2022, 04:27:19 PM »
Day 3,336

Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Online worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #689 on: February 10, 2022, 03:06:01 PM »
Day 3,336

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #688 on: August 19, 2021, 06:13:22 AM »
Day 3,159.

I'm so thankful and honored to be a part of this elite group.  Right now, as the world continues to go through waves of "fucked up beyond absolutely all belief" on a daily basis - sooooooooo many people are feeding their addictions at an escalating rate - and I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to enjoy freedom.

Since March:

I moved my mom from assisted living to the care center.  I put her on hospice.  30 days later I said goodbye to her for the last time on this earth.  For a month before and up to the end, the covid-madness took a brief reprieve, and we were able to visit her in person like we used to do.  My brother and I were blessed to be at her side when she left us.

My brother finished his treatment plans for oral cancer and was given preliminary good results.  My mom knew that before she passed away.

Wife and I went to LV for a week and were able to do so again between waves of shutdown/masking/etc, and feel like a normal getaway.  Met Traumagnet's wife and her new friend to celebrate her 50th birthday while we were there.

Traumagnet left us 5 years ago this week.

Last week, my brother got news that his oral cancer has spread, rapidly and aggressively, throughout his large bones.  Pelvis, collarbone, spine, femurs, etc.  The prognosis is grim, and we all know it.  This guy never chewed a minute in his life and is the kindest, most gentle and caring person I know.  He is an Episcopalian priest who has given his life to help others. 

It would be easy to make excuses and cave, like I always did in the past.  To say....  you know what, Steven never chewed and he still got cancer.  Its gonna get me one way or another, so why not?  But thanks to you guys, that's not an option.

This is not a great time for many of us.  Life isn't always fair.  This message isn't uplifting or cheery, but it is my reality right now.  Times will change, but good times or bad - I'm here for the long haul.

Thanks for your continued support.  God Bless all of you on this journey.
Proud to quit with you today @worktowin . You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for your brother, you and your family.  Proud as hell to quit with you EDD!!!
Prayers for you and your family.  Keep the faith!
PTQWYT!
With you my friend and you are in our prayers. One of the most difficult parts of being a christian is just excepting what is given to us. The Lord will heal us wether its here on earth or in heaven. We are all in his hands and we have an awesome Father for sure. Keep blogging it out, we are here for ya.

Doug

Offline CTF

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #687 on: August 19, 2021, 12:13:28 AM »
I don't have the words for what you are going through but hang in there sir. I believe in miracles and I will pray for your brother.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #686 on: August 18, 2021, 01:46:34 PM »
Hurts to know you’re hurting brother. If he’s but half the man you are he must be quite a man. Standing by to return the support you’ve shown me these past three years.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer