Author Topic: A few tips on beating the habit  (Read 294 times)

Offline cakesson

• Quit Date: 2014-10-03
  • Likes Given: 0
A few tips on beating the habit
« on: July 07, 2016, 01:40:00 AM »
Hey Everybody,

My name is Christian and I am a Swede who picked up dipping at age 16 (I am now 42). Dipping is *very* common in Sweden and when I moved to the US at age 21, I brought my habit with me.

642 days ago, I took my last dip and quit cold turkey.

I only found these forums and this support site a few days ago. I really feel like I learned a few tricks on my dip quitting journey that I would like to share.
Multiple people around me were impressed over how easy it seemed for me to quit. I would not go so far to say it was easy, but I had actually expected way worse.

When I was around 12 or 13, I remember my dad telling me a story, about how our neighbor used cotton balls to fake his brain when he quit dipping after 30 years.
The story really stuck with me and the moment I decided to quit, I decided to give this a go and it totally worked for me.

I wrote up a blog post about my experiences, tips and tricks - I think you will find it useful.

I want to congratulate all the quitters out there and wish you good luck on your journey. Feel free to comment on the post if you have other useful tips that works/worked for you.

Sincerely,
/Christian