Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 12851 times)

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10-14-19
  • Interests: Hunting
  • Likes Given: 480
Re: Day 1
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2019, 06:47:05 PM »
Day 8. Today was easy. Even with the stress of bringing my daughter to the emergency room (for what turned out to be nothing), I made another successful day. The urges still come, but only last a minute or so, while the first several days they lasted for hours. I watched a coworker dip today, and for the first time, I was turned off by it. I introduced him to this site and told him he’s got support when he’s ready to quit. I’ll be sure to stay on him  ;)   

@Caleb Stone (Day 1), and I transferred a few texts, and will be updating each other with our days quit every day.

@jsjohnson keep with it brotha. Text you again tomorrow!

For the newer guys, it gets easier every day. Set your goal each day. ODAAT.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 06:49:44 PM by Hunter4life »
100 days 1-21-2020, 2nd Floor 4-30-20, 3rd Floor 8-8-20

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
Well, day 5 has come and went, and I begin day 6. I no longer have nicotine in my body. The urges have dropped a good bit. I’ve been eating jerky and sunflower seeds when those triggers hit. It seems to be getting a lot easier. I also find myself going to bed much earlier.

I’m also disappointed in the members that are no-shows lately.

Thanks fellas for having my six.

You are doing great. Keeping drinking a ton of water and get some exercise. It does get easier but you find that the fog and craves keep rolling in periodically so stay prepared and faithful to your routine. You can’t quit for others. Support and hold them accountable. But don’t let them negatively affect your quit.

Keith, thank you brotha. As I write this, I’m finishing up day 7. It has gotten a shit ton easier. Just like everyone has said. One week! I can believe it! Odaat.

I’ve got a texting buddy and we keep up daily. @jsjohnson has my six, and I got his. Thanks for the support. I urge everyone reading this to find at least one person to text back and forth with daily. It helps. I promise.

Since one week is done, I’m sleeping better, tasing my food better, my teeth are getting whiter, and my fits have subsided.

Sounds great. Recommend getting a few more sisters/brothers on speed dial. Those quitters posting up top with you are fellow January quitters. Shoot them a pm and exchange digits. They have a tone of knowledge that will you.
Jan19

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 08:30:13 PM »
Well, day 5 has come and went, and I begin day 6. I no longer have nicotine in my body. The urges have dropped a good bit. I’ve been eating jerky and sunflower seeds when those triggers hit. It seems to be getting a lot easier. I also find myself going to bed much earlier.

You are doing great. Keeping drinking a ton of water and get some exercise. It does get easier but you find that the fog and craves keep rolling in periodically so stay prepared and faithful to your routine. You can’t quit for others. Support and hold them accountable. But don’t let them negatively affect your quit.

Keith, thank you brotha. As I write this, I’m finishing up day 7. It has gotten a shit ton easier. Just like everyone has said. One week! I can believe it! Odaat.

I’ve got a texting buddy and we keep up daily. @jsjohnson has my six, and I got his. Thanks for the support. I urge everyone reading this to find at least one person to text back and forth with daily. It helps. I promise.

Since one week is done, I’m sleeping better, tasing my food better, my teeth are getting whiter, and my fits have subsided.

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2001
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2019, 10:50:17 AM »

Jan19

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2019, 08:26:53 AM »

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »
Well day 1 has come and went, and I am well into day 2. Things I’ve noticed so far: my mouth feels less dry, and my food tastes different.

I find that staying busy helps greatly. I’m sure my boss is wondering wtf is up with this dude? Been finding shit to do all day.

Last night, I dreamed that I was dipping. I woke up pissed off that I caved already. Then I realized it never happened. Crazy shit. I told the wife to prepare for some pissy moments and it will not last forever.

Keep it up!!! Food is going to keep tasting better and better! Enjoy it! You can lose the weight you put on later.. not a big deal.

Send this link to your wife:  https://www.killthecan.org/community/spousal-support/

@Sand44, thanks. Sent the link to my wife. The look in her eyes let’s me know that she knows I’m serious this time.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2019, 04:50:49 PM »
Day 4. Urges were the strongest today. I hit the woods. Managed to shoot a few bushy tails. Hunting is the hardest, that’s where I missed the dip. Guess what, I knew it would be hard. Jerky is a badass tide over. I ate the shit out of it and made day 4 a success. As of right now, I am officially at 4 days. I got this shit! I AINT NO BITCH! Screw tobacco. Next up, day 5. Bring it bitch!! It’s nice knowing others are fighting with me. Thanks for forcing me to know you got my six, @chris2alaska. I’m a bad mofo. I AINT gonna call, but it’s nice to know you will call the shit out of my phone if I turn up missing. Thanks bro.

Damn Skippy @Hunter4life
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2019, 04:44:20 PM »
Day 4. Urges were the strongest today. I hit the woods. Managed to shoot a few bushy tails. Hunting is the hardest, that’s where I missed the dip. Guess what, I knew it would be hard. Jerky is a badass tide over. I ate the shit out of it and made day 4 a success. As of right now, I am officially at 4 days. I got this shit! I AINT NO BITCH! Screw tobacco. Next up, day 5. Bring it bitch!! It’s nice knowing others are fighting with me. Thanks for forcing me to know you got my six, @chris2alaska. I’m a bad mofo. I AINT gonna call, but it’s nice to know you will call the shit out of my phone if I turn up missing. Thanks bro.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:50:08 PM by Hunter4life »

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »
Day 3. I didn’t dream about dip last night. Staying busy has lessened the amount of triggers. My wife’s support and understanding  are helping tremendously. Reading everyone’s stories and tips are also helping.

...another thing I’ve noticed, my daily heartburn has been non existent these last few days.

Offline Judaculla

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, family, friends and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2019, 01:01:39 PM »
Well day 1 has come and went, and I am well into day 2. Things I’ve noticed so far: my mouth feels less dry, and my food tastes different.

I find that staying busy helps greatly. I’m sure my boss is wondering wtf is up with this dude? Been finding shit to do all day.

Last night, I dreamed that I was dipping. I woke up pissed off that I caved already. Then I realized it never happened. Crazy shit. I told the wife to prepare for some pissy moments and it will not last forever.

Keep it up!!! Food is going to keep tasting better and better! Enjoy it! You can lose the weight you put on later.. not a big deal.

Send this link to your wife:  https://www.killthecan.org/community/spousal-support/

Not only are you saving money daily, but you may get a raise if you keep looking for stuff to do to stay busy! Remember, when the rage comes, and it will, walk away from the situation as fast as possible, get on here and let us have it, we understand and can take it (at least most of us can) so bring it on...

Offline Sand44

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: Oct 17, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1092
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2019, 12:39:06 PM »

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 12:22:46 PM »

Offline Hunter4life

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2019, 04:27:33 AM »
Thank you fellas! My oldest brother died from cancer back in 1998. I dont want to follow in his foot steps. I know it wont be easy, but I WILL do it. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Offline Judaculla

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, family, friends and the great outdoors
  • Likes Given: 358
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 09:31:44 PM »
Hello all. I am a 39 year old guy from South Louisiana. I have been dipping since I was 15. A recent sore throat from a sinus infection scared me enough to “kill the can.” I hope that with your help, I can do this.

You can do this, Hunter. It is going to be really tough, but just get through the hard moments, one moment at a time, one day at a time, and keep quit. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and if possible, start replacing the bad habit with a good one, like working out with weights, running, treadmill, anything... you get the point. When you get pissed off, need to rage, bring it in here; we like to fight. Don’t take that stuff around your family, friends, or coworkers, bring it here and get it out of your system.

Offline jsjohnson

• CrusherOfSeeds
  • Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Hall Of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Date: 10/01/2019
  • Interests: Quiting, Motorcycles, Fishing, Cooking and BBQ
  • Likes Given: 300
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 09:25:24 PM »
Hello all. I am a 39 year old guy from South Louisiana. I have been dipping since I was 15. A recent sore throat from a sinus infection scared me enough to “kill the can.” I hope that with your help, I can do this.

Welcome to the Jan 20 quit group, I am a 50 year old guy from southeast Texas, I had been dipping since I was 17 (33 years).  I have been quit for 14 days now.  Some things that help and keep me going are.  1.  Quit ....ONE DAY AT A TIME.  2.  Post your promise everyday.  3.  share your number with your group and others on the site.  4.  I quit for myself...not for the wife...not for the kids...I quit for myself.  Stay focused you can do this.  I am quit with you.  Your brain will play games with you...do not let your brain talk you into the nicotine.  If you need me message me ...share your number and if are feeling like you are going to cave....contact any of us in our group or anyone on this forum....I am sure @chris2alaska gave you his number...call him ...text him ...these next few days will be tough, but DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE NIC BITCH!
Wildirish intro https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=805.msg125916#msg125916

"So if any of you still have friends dippin tell them this if you dont have what it takes to quit nicotine you are gonna be TOO big of a pussy for chemo."  -Todd Garcia (Traumagnet)

My HOF Speech