Author Topic: Hello hello  (Read 7954 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
1000 days
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 04:06:07 AM »
Coach,
Early on, pre-HoF, you faltered and I was all over you about how you weren't going to make it.
I've had to eat those words many times.
So very pleased to do it.
Congratulations on 1000 days of freedom.
Quitting with you today.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Hutch18

• Quitter
  • Interests: Keeping up with my 3 boys. Coaching basketball at the YMCA and serving on the Sports Committee.Trying to keep God in everything and daily making him my Lord and Savior.
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Hello
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Quote from: CoachK33
Temptation is high today. IÂ’m 2 days away from the second anniversary of my motherÂ’s death. It was sudden, unexpected (cardiac),and happened on a Sunday. So in a way this is more like the anniversary than the actual date. IÂ’m alone, running errands, and have cried a lot already today. IÂ’ll get through it, but am really really craving it right now. ?
CoachK - great job on the quit. You are on the right site with a great group of quitters to support you through the good and bad days. I know from experience, I have called, texted and just ranted a few times in the last 66 days. That is what make this site special and holds me accountable. Plus some of these bad ass quitters will find me and beat my ass if i cave.

PM if you want someone else to text or help you through this.
Addicts don't quit once for a lifetime, they quit daily for a lifetime.

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
Temptation is high today. IÂ’m 2 days away from the second anniversary of my motherÂ’s death. It was sudden, unexpected (cardiac),and happened on a Sunday. So in a way this is more like the anniversary than the actual date. IÂ’m alone, running errands, and have cried a lot already today. IÂ’ll get through it, but am really really craving it right now. ?
You're doing fine. Nice job posting roll every day. Stick with it.
ZillahCowboy 1721

Offline arrakisdq

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 4/30/2018
  • Likes Given: 167
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »
Quote from: PMILS
Coach- stay busy today. Stay close to the site, hop in chat. Feel your feelings. You posted roll this morning, so you don't have to worry about dip.
You are a quitter.
You have my number Coach. I lost my Mother-in-Law and Dad within a month of each other 4 years ago. I know the grief part and am here if needed.
HOF Date: 8/7/2018, 2nd Flr 11/15/2018, 3rd Flr 2/23/2019, 4th Flr 6/3/2019, 5th Flr 9/11/2019, 6th Flr 12/20/2019, 7th Flr 3/29/2020, 2 Years 4/28/2020, 8th Flr 7/7/2020 9th Flr 10/15/2020, 10th Flr 1/23/2021 3 Years 4/30/21 11th Flr 5/3/2021, 12th Flr 8/11/2021, 13th Flr 11/19/2021, 14th Flr 2/27/2022, 15th Flr 6/7/2022, 16th Flr 9/15/2022, 17th Flr 12/24/2022, 18th Flr 4/3/2023, 5 Years 4/30/2023, 19th Flr 7/12/2023, 2000 10/20/2023, 21st Flr 1/28/2024, 22nd Flr 5/7/2024

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »
Prayers for mom... Stay strong! Dip will not make anything easier, it just adds to the number of problems you already have! Proud to quit with you today!!!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 01:02:00 PM »
Coach- stay busy today. Stay close to the site, hop in chat. Feel your feelings. You posted roll this morning, so you don't have to worry about dip.
You are a quitter.
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline CoachK33

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 498
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 09:53:00 PM »
Thanks, guys. Got through my first coaching game without it. Well, without the post-game dip to relax me. I had a giant wad of gum all during the game, and it seemsd to help... I was sick of having something in my mouth by the tone the game ended. Also, was in my car, rummaging g through my center console, and found 2 unused pouches....and threw them right out the window. CanÂ’t say I didnÂ’t think about it... but... I thought about how I JUST posted this intro today, and how I didnÂ’t want to have to come back ashamed this evening! Awesome accountability, right from the start with this group!!! Thanks to you all, and to whomever started this site.
Wow Coach... That's an awesome victory you had on Day 1! Treasure these small victories, they add up to a lot over a period of time! Fake chews and gums help, keep em handy. Spend as much time as possible during the initial phase surfing and posting on KTC, it helps! Chug a lot of water and keep yourself physically occupied! When symptoms become bothersome, belly breathing helps! I promise, this will get better. Weekends are bad, so stay extra vigilant...

Proud to quit with you today!!!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline CoachK33

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 09:38:00 PM »
Thanks, guys. Got through my first coaching game without it. Well, without the post-game dip to relax me. I had a giant wad of gum all during the game, and it seemsd to help... I was sick of having something in my mouth by the tone the game ended. Also, was in my car, rummaging g through my center console, and found 2 unused pouches....and threw them right out the window. CanÂ’t say I didnÂ’t think about it... but... I thought about how I JUST posted this intro today, and how I didnÂ’t want to have to come back ashamed this evening! Awesome accountability, right from the start with this group!!! Thanks to you all, and to whomever started this site.

Offline Tennesseexdipper

• Quitter
    • Recovery Supplements for energy, focus, and nutrition
  • Quit Date: July 25, 2018
  • Interests: Rebuilding a 1972 Chevrolet C10. Got some good friends to help me out and it's coming along. You can follow me on Instagram projecttruckandtools. I live a disciplined life and you can see that I'm here because I'm human and needed some help on some discip
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
CoachK! Congratulations, you're there! At the start of a new life, new, thoughts, new day and quite honestly more cash in your hand. Keep doing it!
New Quitters, see my website for supplements that will help calm the nerves, boost focus, and support your quit! I will send you samples and give you a 20% discount.

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 11:34:00 AM »
Welcome to the quit party! You are making a great choice! I will send you my number if you want some added accountability! Based on your quit date you are going to be in the bad ass November group!!!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline Daddy_shark

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
Glad to see you on here and owning your quit Coach. I'll PM you my number, as I'm sure many else will as well. The accountability in the morning really helps. Stay strong, you're through the worst of it.

Day 28 for me - IQWYT

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 10:00:00 AM »
Welcome.

Wow, you've made it three weeks on your own. That's great. You're through the worst of it.

I see you posted roll. Keep doing that every single day - weekends, holidays, birthdays and sick days included. Posting roll is the secret that keeps us quit. It sounds silly - making a promise to a bunch of internet strangers, but after a while you will get to know the people in your group, and they will become your brothers and sisters, and the last thing in the world you will want to do is let any of them down by caving.

On word of caution - you referred to your "gross little habit". Keep in mind this is a full-blown addiction. Fundamentally, we are no different than a heroin addict. You would be well served to think of it as an addiction.

Offline CoachK33

• Quitter
Hello
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 08:54:00 AM »
Quit Date
8/17/18
First timer here. Quit on August 18, and going through all the crazy symptoms, “I’m dying” anxiety (allergies and sinus issues that I’ve had all my life, but now I’M DYING), and mood swings. I’m 40, Started on the pouches 10ish years ago, just because it was available me and I was curious... and i found it kept my anxiety down and my focus up! Plus, i have always been a gum chewer so the oral fixation thing was a bonus too. I tried multiple times to quit, and now I’ve just had enough.

I just bought a house that I love.
I have a relationship and family I love.
I have a job that, on most days, I love.

Quit drinking at the start of this year, so really trying to hop on the healthy train.

IÂ’ve lurked on this site for a little bit now, but I really want the support of a community. IÂ’m female, so 99% of the people in my life donÂ’t know that I had this gross little habit.

Nice to meet you all, and glad to have others to go through this with!

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Hello hello
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 07:44:30 AM »
I really think you're going to make it CoachK.  I'm very looking forward to eating my words on your HOF!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer