Author Topic: What a great community  (Read 5641 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: What a great community
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 06:22:22 PM »
I see 11 guests checking out the introductions. What are you guys waiting on? Jump on with all these other quitters.  You won't regret it
I logged on today and there is 16 guests. Man they need to get on board with us brother. Break that chain people.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 278
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 05:02:15 PM »
I see 11 guests checking out the introductions. What are you guys waiting on? Jump on with all these other quitters.  You won't regret it
It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living!

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1633
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 08:25:13 AM »
@Aggies94  today is a great day to be quit. You’re doing great. Reach out if you need assistance.
Jan19

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 10:58:41 AM »
Welcome! @Aggies94 You made a great decision. Reclaim your freedom and never look back. Gig'em!

Thanks AO. I intend to! Gig 'Em!

Offline AwakenedOne

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Proud Member of the April 2020 Cobra Kai Quit Dojo
  • Quit Date: 01/10/2020
  • Interests: Fearing God, Following Jesus, The Bible, my wife and kids, helping others, Texas A&M Aggies football, playing guitar, golf, guns, playing pick-up basketball, camping, fishing, quitting both nicotine and recreational cannabis
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 10:16:10 AM »
Welcome! @Aggies94 You made a great decision. Reclaim your freedom and never look back. Gig'em!
 INTRODUCTION | H.O.F SPEECH | H.O.F WRITE-UP
Q u i t : 1 / 1 0 / 2 0 | H O F : 4 / 1 8 / 2 0 | F 2 : 7 / 2 7 / 2 0 | F 3 : 1 1 / 4 / 2 0 | Y 1 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 1 | F 4 : 0 2 / 1 2 / 2 1 | F 5 : 0 5 / 2 3 / 2 1 | F 6 :  8 / 31 / 2 1 | F 7 : 1 2 / 9 / 2 1 | Y 2 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 2 | F 8: 0 3 / 1 9 / 2 2  | F 9: 6 / 2 7 / 2 2 | 1 K 1 0 / 0 5 / 2 2 | Y 3 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 3 | F 1 1 :  0 1 / 1 3 / 2 3 | F 1 2 :  0 4 / 2 3 / 2 3 | F 1 3 :  0 8 / 0 1 / 2 3 | F 1 4 :  1 1 / 0 9 / 2 3 Y 4 : 0 1 / 1 0 / 2 4 | F 1 5 :  ( i n  p r o g r e s s )
P R O V E R B S  3 : 5 - 6 | R O M A N S  1 2 : 1 - 2 | 1  C O R I N T H I A N S 1 3 : 1 - 1 3 | C O L O S S I A N S  3 : 1 2 - 1 4

A      W      A      K      E      N       E      D
T  O    T  H  E    E  V  I  L  S    O  F    N  I  C  O  T  I  N  E    &    A  D  D  I  C  T  I  O  N
M  A  D  E    P  O  W  E  R  F  U  L    B  Y  J E S U S
T  H  E    H  O  L  Y
O    N    E

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 08:14:06 AM »
Hell yeah, Aggies. Just got to get through today without it. Worry about tomorrow when we get there......But if you can get through today, you can get through everyday.

Good luck and welcome to the site - we are here for you on your journey!

Thanks Hoops!

Offline Hoopsguy42

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 06:45:28 AM »
Hell yeah, Aggies. Just got to get through today without it. Worry about tomorrow when we get there......But if you can get through today, you can get through everyday.

Good luck and welcome to the site - we are here for you on your journey!

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 08:26:21 PM »
Nicotine has basically ruled my life for 35 years. I was always counting down the time till I could get the next fix.

I had my last dip on 10/25/20 at noon and these first few days have been hell. Not at all what I expected. I have taken comfort in finding this site and forum with the vast support that is available.  Thank you to all for all that you do.

I am determined to rid myself of the nic bitch forever. I have not tried to quit in the last 30+ years but I pray that I have had my last dip.

@Aggies94, like you, I never thought about quitting before I quit. I loved that Grizzly too much to quit. That is, until a lump on my gum and the look in my wife's eyes when I told her about that lump broke that slave love affair of 28 years. That was 243 days ago. You can do this. Drink plenty of water, find some new shit to focus on, chew the hell out of some gum, seeds, fake chews, lollipops, whatever. Just no nicotine in any form.

You've got this, brother. You dipped for 30 years. You can stay quit for 24 hours at a time. Read all you can on this site. It's a mountain of information. Ask questions of the folks who have been here a while. We're all here to help each other and hold each other accountable. ODAAT - One Day At A Time. That's how we roll here at KTC. Welcome to the pack.

Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Online GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 07:48:41 PM »
Nicotine has basically ruled my life for 35 years. I was always counting down the time till I could get the next fix.

I had my last dip on 10/25/20 at noon and these first few days have been hell. Not at all what I expected. I have taken comfort in finding this site and forum with the vast support that is available.  Thank you to all for all that you do.

I am determined to rid myself of the nic bitch forever. I have not tried to quit in the last 30+ years but I pray that I have had my last dip.

@Aggies94, like you, I never thought about quitting before I quit. I loved that Grizzly too much to quit. That is, until a lump on my gum and the look in my wife's eyes when I told her about that lump broke that slave love affair of 28 years. That was 243 days ago. You can do this. Drink plenty of water, find some new shit to focus on, chew the hell out of some gum, seeds, fake chews, lollipops, whatever. Just no nicotine in any form.

You've got this, brother. You dipped for 30 years. You can stay quit for 24 hours at a time. Read all you can on this site. It's a mountain of information. Ask questions of the folks who have been here a while. We're all here to help each other and hold each other accountable. ODAAT - One Day At A Time. That's how we roll here at KTC. Welcome to the pack.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 07:50:38 PM by GS9502 »
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 05:10:44 PM »

Good for you Aggie!  We are similar in our time of using nicotine.  You have to go into this thing with the attitude of no matter what, no matter how bad it gets, Never Again For Any Reason.  If you keep repeating that to yourself and quit one day at a time, then eventually you will come to realize that you too can be quit and life will return to normal.  It is the time between day 1 and that day you feel "normal" again that is the tough part.  Some get there quickly, others require more time.  You can do this, I have no doubt!  The question is who are you going to have in your corner helping you?  Build your support team so that you couldnt cave and start using again if you wanted to.  Burn the bridges and get comfortable with being uncomfortable for awhile.  There will come a day that you will realize that quitting is the best decision you have ever made!!

BrianG 1,379 days of freedom....

Brian,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. This is the first time in my life that I have said, "Enough, I am quitting today". I'd thought to myself several times about quitting but have never had the determination that I have now. I'm so glad I found this site and the brotherhood it has in the quit.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 04:52:28 PM »

Good for you Aggie!  We are similar in our time of using nicotine.  You have to go into this thing with the attitude of no matter what, no matter how bad it gets, Never Again For Any Reason.  If you keep repeating that to yourself and quit one day at a time, then eventually you will come to realize that you too can be quit and life will return to normal.  It is the time between day 1 and that day you feel "normal" again that is the tough part.  Some get there quickly, others require more time.  You can do this, I have no doubt!  The question is who are you going to have in your corner helping you?  Build your support team so that you couldnt cave and start using again if you wanted to.  Burn the bridges and get comfortable with being uncomfortable for awhile.  There will come a day that you will realize that quitting is the best decision you have ever made!!

BrianG 1,379 days of freedom....
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Aggies94

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
What a great community
« on: October 27, 2020, 04:42:01 PM »