Author Topic: * 100 days down  (Read 1820 times)

Offline RachelMosley

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
* 100 days down
« on: November 28, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
99 days feels like yesterday and a million years ago all at the same time. I never thought Id make it this far and I hope my story helps someone else get there.
How it started:
I started smoking at 15. When I was 17 I started dating my high school boyfriend (an asthmatic). He didnt want me smoking in his truck for obvious reasons but he was an avid dipper. A friend of ours made a joke that I could take a dip and they started making fun of me saying I couldnt do it, id puke etc.. Well my pride took it as a challenge. Took a pinch the third of the can and popped it in. Never puked. And that began my love hate relationship with dip.
How it Continued:
At 18 I got my lip pierced and the loose stuff became a problem so i switched to pouches. While trying to find a pouch i liked i discovered SNUS pouches. I DIDNT HAVE TO SPIT!! It was heaven. Thats when I really fucked myself. I started having a pouch in 24/7 LITERALLY. Id sleep with a pouch in. at 20 I found out I was pregnant and of course stopped immediately. The day my son was born I put a pouch in. I literally chose fucking nicotine over breastfeeding. Thats probably one of the lowest points of my life.
How my quit began:
Now Im 26. Im married, trying to have a baby, and my teeth are rotting out of my head. One night I found a bunch of brown stuff on my gums, freaked out and started to google pictures of mouth cancer. I found 2 things. 1. My gums were just stained (thank god) and 2. KTC. I read around and mossied over to the live chat. At midnight I was talking with seasoned vets and fighting a battle with my addiction. The next day I quit!
Where Im at now:
My quit has been a rollercoaster. During My first 100 days I had 3 family members die, a hurricane throw a tree through my roof, and my 5 year old son was diagnosed with some mental health issues. But i am quit. EVERY DAY DAY. Even now sometimes its a minute at a time. Special thanks btw goes out to swilson and MikeP who have really been a stepping stone. BUt even more FRANK. Not only was he a shoulder to lean on but there were days he practically dragged me through to the next day. They didnt give up on me and I was always welcome to cuzz and scream and fight! I am very thankful for my quit brothers! USE THE TOOLS!!!!

Tomorrow I will be at 100 days. My teeth have been brushed for the first time in years, Im saving $100 a week and my husband actually enjoys kissing me! IF only there was a KTC for junk food. SO heres the the first 100 and heres to the next!!!