Author Topic: Miserable  (Read 2654 times)

Offline SmokeyMountainExpress

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/12/2019
  • Likes Given: 76
Re: Miserable
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2020, 11:48:54 PM »
This isn’t the make a wish foundation.  If you want to quit let’s do it.  If you want to have excuses then you have failed already.

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 07:26:44 PM »
@Goat45 yesterday you were 19 days into your quit. Are you 20 days today, or did you cave? Didn't see your name posted on the March 2021 roster today, dude. Come on. Make the move that will help save your life.

Dude, I completely get the swings you're having right now. About a month into my quit, my fog and rages were epic (and I already have a quick temper). I hit the button on my Keurig one morning and watched it piss coffee all over the counter and the floor because I forgot to put a damn cup under the spout. And I lost my shit with myself, angry that I couldn't think straight. But it passed, and it was okay. There were days I thought my head would explode. There were days where I about couldn't think straight enough to pull up my damn drawers. It all passes, though, and that feeling - the feeling of BEING QUIT - supersedes everything else. Just ride the lightning right now. You'll come out the other side a better man.

One of the best things you can do if you're still quit today - or fuck it, even if you're back on a Day 1 - is get your girlfriend involved. Show her the stuff on here. She needs to know what to expect just like you do. I showed my wife this site right after I joined, and it helped us both. It's still helping me almost 300 days later.

If you made it 19 days, you can make it 20 days. That's how we roll here - ODAAT (One Day At A Time). If you want to stay quit, you will - not for your GF, not for your parents, not for anyone else BUT YOU. Reach out if you need to. PM me, and I'll send you my digits, brother. Now get your ass back here and post your promise in March 2021.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline famous205

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/2/20
  • Interests: Golf, World of Warcraft, Coding
  • Likes Given: 60
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 02:47:59 AM »
First and foremost, welcome to KTC. We are glad you are here and huge kudos to you for making it 19 days all on your own! As the other guys have stated, we take our quits 1 day at a time. We can't promise what will happen tomorrow, but we can make a promise to ourselves and our fellow quitters that we will stay quit for today. It's important to take this 1 day at a time.

You have to want to quit for yourself, not for anyone else. When I started my quit journey (on Day 49 right now), I made a Pros and Cons list of me dipping, and I can tell you that there were far too many Cons of this nasty habit. If you are serious about quitting and staying quit, you will find a way to succeed. If quitting this shit was easy, we wouldn't have a need for this website.

And it does get easier as time goes on. There will be bumps in the road, but once you start racking up the days being quit, you won't want to give it all up.

As MNx stated, go over to the March 2021 Pre-HOF quit group and start posting roll everyday. You will be happy you did. I quit with you today!

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4368
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 09:31:51 PM »
Greetings!

I'm 19 days into my quit and can safely say I am miserable.  My brain is trying to rationalize resuming dip again, and I guess I'm just looking for anyone to tell me that this isn't permanent.

I have zero patience for things, and "irritable" doesn't even begin to cover how I've been feeling.  Every day I've been making deals with myself to make it 1 more day to see if the symptoms subside and life gets better but I'm running out of strength to stay quit.

My girlfriend would ask me every night how I'm feeling before one night I snapped at her to leave me alone, because I felt she was nagging me.  Today, after a couple days of us not talking about it, we had a little chat about it. What started as a little chat turned into me telling her the irrational thoughts in my head, and her getting mad at me for "letting these things fester".  So now I'm debating giving up on my quit because it is causing issues in my relationship.

Any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated.
@Goat45 ultimately your relationships will suffer more by going back to nicotine. As we like to say here, 1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.

KTC has a proven system that works. We make a promise each morning, every day that no nicotine in any form will enter our bodies that day. We then focus on just the next 24 hours since that is all we can control. We let tomorrow take care of itself.

If you are a man of your word and can make a promise and keep it for a day, KTC is the place for you. We are serious here and failure is never an option. We build relationships with our fellow quitters by swapping our phone numbers and build a network of accountability. If you follow the process here as it has been proven to work for thousands of others, you will find success too.

The irritability you describe in incredibly common. The first couple weeks (even up to ~4-6 weeks) can be pretty brutal. That is why it's important to get involved here. We have been in your shoes. You can rage at us vs your girlfriend or the dog. You can share your concerns, frustrations and successes knowing we genuinely can relate 100%.

So head over to the March 2021 and post roll. Before I found KTC I stopped hundreds of times but never for more than 21 days. Since finding KTC, I had the honor to post Day 1,700 today. This can be you. Make it happen. We are here to help.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline JeffH4257

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-15-2020
  • Likes Given: 1031
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 07:08:49 PM »
Welcome Goat,

19 days is outstanding!  I am on day 35.

Check your inbox for some specifics.

First, you in a place that is proven!  Look around and read some.

The cravings are just mind effing you right now.  It gets better!

Take it One Day At A Time ODAAT.

I quit with you today!

Jeff

Offline Goat45

• Likes Given: 0
Miserable
« on: December 19, 2020, 05:59:33 PM »
Greetings!

I'm 19 days into my quit and can safely say I am miserable.  My brain is trying to rationalize resuming dip again, and I guess I'm just looking for anyone to tell me that this isn't permanent.

I have zero patience for things, and "irritable" doesn't even begin to cover how I've been feeling.  Every day I've been making deals with myself to make it 1 more day to see if the symptoms subside and life gets better but I'm running out of strength to stay quit.

My girlfriend would ask me every night how I'm feeling before one night I snapped at her to leave me alone, because I felt she was nagging me.  Today, after a couple days of us not talking about it, we had a little chat about it. What started as a little chat turned into me telling her the irrational thoughts in my head, and her getting mad at me for "letting these things fester".  So now I'm debating giving up on my quit because it is causing issues in my relationship.

Any advice or anything would be greatly appreciated.