Author Topic: been lurking finally going to post roll  (Read 16827 times)

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
Re: been lurking finally going to post roll
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2020, 07:55:12 PM »
Day 406...

Fight for one more day, hour, minute,or second.  It is worth it.  Freedom is priceless, but after addiction comes at a high cost.  Are you willing to pay that cost with your will power?
Keep preaching it brother!!
Yes I am because vets like yourself have proven to me that it can be done. Fighting it still myself at day 292 with silent reflux and ear infections but we are quit. Love hearing what vets have to say as you never know whom it might help. I agree with Keith, keep preaching.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2020, 08:43:45 AM »
Day 406...

Fight for one more day, hour, minute,or second.  It is worth it.  Freedom is priceless, but after addiction comes at a high cost.  Are you willing to pay that cost with your will power?
Keep preaching it brother!!
Jan19

Offline SmokeyMountainExpress

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11/12/2019
  • Likes Given: 76
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2020, 12:24:58 AM »
Day 406...

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 10:29:21 AM »
Day 213-  it’s been a while.  I still have all my previous symptoms, but they have mellowed out.  My main reason for posting is to share an article about the dangers of trying to quit smoking/chewing by using nicotine replacements.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/quitting-smoking-this-way-could-lead-to-brain-cancer-study-finds/ar-BB15cUf6

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2020, 09:38:15 AM »
Day 149 -  The last week my throat and mouth issues have mellowed out.  I still can feel a little pressure in my throat, but I have to actively think about it for it to bother me.  Thankful for every good day that’s for sure.  Mild depression, fog, and cravings are still around, but they are under control.  Hopefully I don’t jinx myself!
Everything sounds normal or at least it does for me. You will see the depression, fog, cravings keep diminishing and things just get better. It just takes time. Keep doing your thing ODAAT @SmokeyMountainExpress.
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2020, 01:19:35 AM »
Day 149 -  The last week my throat and mouth issues have mellowed out.  I still can feel a little pressure in my throat, but I have to actively think about it for it to bother me.  Thankful for every good day that’s for sure.  Mild depression, fog, and cravings are still around, but they are under control.  Hopefully I don’t jinx myself!

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2020, 09:41:17 PM »
Day 138 -  Seems like over the last couple of weeks i go back and forth from decent days with just a little anxiety, fog, and depression.  Too a day or so of shit.  my mouth and throat still aren’t healed yet.  I get swollen gums frequent, and my throat still feels off on the left side (some day’s worse then others).

As was the case in the past, I'm with you Smokey.  Lots of ups and downs for me lately as well.  Thinking about what  a fraud I was to my kids for years has helped me today.  The terrible example I set for my kids for all that time has renewed my hate for the bitch and recharged my quit...for today.  Until next time...

Hold that line man...I'll be right beside you.
Good words ^^^^
My throat took a good long time to feel normal. You are doing the right things.
Funks and fogs will come and go. Just realize what they are and you'll make it through.
Quit hard!
Had the same thing smoke, we've talked b4, but when in doubt, get it checked out. My sore jaw permeated into my left ear and even caused slight hearing loss for a bit. It all eventually came back, the sore jaw went away, and everything is back to normal. Hope you get it figured out to get that piece if mind again. Until then, continue to hit me up, always willing to talk. Stay smokey my friend!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2020, 04:43:04 PM »
Day 138 -  Seems like over the last couple of weeks i go back and forth from decent days with just a little anxiety, fog, and depression.  Too a day or so of shit.  my mouth and throat still aren’t healed yet.  I get swollen gums frequent, and my throat still feels off on the left side (some day’s worse then others).

As was the case in the past, I'm with you Smokey.  Lots of ups and downs for me lately as well.  Thinking about what  a fraud I was to my kids for years has helped me today.  The terrible example I set for my kids for all that time has renewed my hate for the bitch and recharged my quit...for today.  Until next time...

Good words ^^^^
My throat took a good long time to feel normal. You are doing the right things.
Funks and fogs will come and go. Just realize what they are and you'll make it through.
Quit hard!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2020, 07:20:49 PM »

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 05:54:32 PM »

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 08:52:58 AM »
Day 122 - The first couple days since my last log were tough (114-116) Fog, and Anxiety caused by sore mouth, and throat along with reading too much on the internet sent me down the worm hole.  Got a timely call from a fellow quitter that pulled me back to reality. 

Since day 116 everyday has gotten a little bit better, and today was pretty good.

I went to the dentist for a deep gum cleaning Monday, and other than the shots hurting it went well.  The dental hygienist said my mouth looked normal, and my gums were returning to a healthier red. She also answered some questions I had.  I go back this upcoming Tuesday and get the other half of my mouth done.

Great to hear @SmokeyMountainExpress .  Keep working your quit. You never know when the nic bitch will come calling.
Jan19

• Quitter
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 12:53:41 AM »
Day 122 - The first couple days since my last log were tough (114-116) Fog, and Anxiety caused by sore mouth, and throat along with reading too much on the internet sent me down the worm hole.  Got a timely call from a fellow quitter that pulled me back to reality. 

Since day 116 everyday has gotten a little bit better, and today was pretty good.

I went to the dentist for a deep gum cleaning Monday, and other than the shots hurting it went well.  The dental hygienist said my mouth looked normal, and my gums were returning to a healthier red. She also answered some questions I had.  I go back this upcoming Tuesday and get the other half of my mouth done.

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2020, 08:17:15 AM »
day 113 - just keeping up with logging... right now my quit is stuck in a pattern I will have a day or two of feeling ok, and then a couple harder days with fog, craves, and anxiety.  I am still super aware/sensitive about my mouth and gums and any time they feel off my anxiety gets going.  A couple of days ago my lower right side of my mouth felt dull, and my gums felt swollen... plus the left side of my throat was sore.  I now know better then to get too worked up, and I just take note of what it is and start the 5 day clock.  Those symptom only lasted a day or so and were gone.  Earlier in my quit these symptoms were constant so that is a plus.

Hold the line SME.  I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.  My anxiety, craves, fog, rage, etc are bad enough but I can't imagine adding sore gums and throat to it.  You're killing it man.  I see you all over the site.  Hang in there.

Just the normal post HOF funk. You will come out of it and light will get brighter.
Jan19

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2020, 10:17:34 PM »
day 113 - just keeping up with logging... right now my quit is stuck in a pattern I will have a day or two of feeling ok, and then a couple harder days with fog, craves, and anxiety.  I am still super aware/sensitive about my mouth and gums and any time they feel off my anxiety gets going.  A couple of days ago my lower right side of my mouth felt dull, and my gums felt swollen... plus the left side of my throat was sore.  I now know better then to get too worked up, and I just take note of what it is and start the 5 day clock.  Those symptom only lasted a day or so and were gone.  Earlier in my quit these symptoms were constant so that is a plus.

Hold the line SME.  I have a lot of respect for what you are doing.  My anxiety, craves, fog, rage, etc are bad enough but I can't imagine adding sore gums and throat to it.  You're killing it man.  I see you all over the site.  Hang in there.

• Quitter
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »