Author Topic: Day 1 Intro  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Morgan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01/04/2018
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Day 1 Intro
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 01:47:29 PM »
I have Epilepsy, or at least that is what the doctors called it when they could not figure out why I started having seizures about 25 years ago.  Personally I think it is because of tobacco but that is a story for another time.  Everything is well controlled with medication and I can’t tell you the last time I had a seizure.  About 10 years ago I asked my doctor about quitting the medication I’ve been taking.  The conversation went something like this:

Me:  Would it be possible to stop taking my medicine?
Doctor:  Are you having seizures?
Me:  No
Doctor:  Are you suffering from any adverse side effects from the medication?
Doctor:  Are you having trouble affording the medication?
Doctor:  Then why do you want to stop taking the medication?
Me:  Uhhh.....

And that was the last time I asked that question.

Last Summer I went on a 12 day backpacking expedition in the Rocky Mountains.  I had planned for a long time for that to be my graceful exit from KTC.  It was an easy addicts excuse to not post roll anymore everyday.  I’ll be up in the mountains with no way to charge my battery and I don’t even know if I’ll have a cell signal.  I justified it with myself by saying it’s not fair to my April 2018 Brothers and Sister to say hey, give me some slack on posting roll while I’m gone, it would be best if I just left the group.  I also thought it would be the right thing to do to let everyone know why I was leaving.  There are so many past brothers that have just gone poof into the air and I wonder what happened.

The time came to announce my intentions and I wrote it out just like I had planned.  I even left the hope there that I still may be able to post but don’t count on it.  Almost immediately I started getting calls and texts but not about what I expected.  I figured my group would congratulate me on what I had accomplished so far and wish me luck on my trip.  Not the case, they all were about ways to keep up my posts, what they could do to help me and about not leaving the group, some were nice about it and others not so nice about it. 

What am I going to do now?  I thought about it for a while and asked myself this:

Am I using tobacco/nicotine products while posting roll?  No
Am I suffering from any adverse side effects from posting roll everyday?  No
Am I having trouble financially posting roll everyday?  No
Then why do I want to stop posting roll?   Uhhh.....

Needless to say, drove to REI in Kansas City the next day and picked up a nice little solar charger that fit on my backpack to keep my phone somewhat charged.  I think I was able to post roll every day but 1 when I was actually out of cell signal for a day (several of my brothers received pickup requests as soon as my phone hit a signal).

I am so glad I did not leave.  I’m pretty sure I would have been back on tobacco by now, I’ve had some urges lately to take a dip but something as small and easy as my daily post has kept the crap out of my mouth.  It’s easy, if you are thinking you don’t need this anymore just think about those questions that doctor asked me 10 years ago.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:36:48 PM by Skolvikings »
Roll Jack Expert

My Intro | My HOF

BTW I Use Arch

“We cannot, in a moment, get rid of habits of a lifetime.”- Mahatma Gandhi
“What lies in our power to do, lies in our power not to do.”-Aristotle
“Don’t exchange what you want most for what you want at that moment.”

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 07:18:00 PM »
Poof

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »
Getting close to un chartered quit waters.....never been past 7 months in 30 years....222 qlf

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 06:53:00 PM »
Double WUPP time for 200, proud to be quit wit u

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 975
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 05:57:00 PM »
Well done my friend well done. 200 days quit and not looking back, proud to be quit with you my brother.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline mike2017a

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-5-2017
  • Interests: Chicago sports, college football and basketball, quitting
  • Likes Given: 139
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 02:18:00 PM »
Keep winning those battles like this morning, one by one. They will start stacking up and making your quit stronger and stronger.

Offline Morgan

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:36:00 PM »
Day 9 - Uncharted territory

Today is new ground for me, I've never gone this long without dip. Longest I've ever been was 8 days and that was not a quit, it was a necessity. I was overseas on a mission trip and 1) Part of the contract I signed said I would not use tobacco along with many other things. 2) I did not see it in the stores where I was (probably would have gone Ninja regardless of the contract if I could have found it). I did not want to quit, that was just a stop until I got home.

Cravings have hit hard today for the first time, my entire drive to work today a little voice in my head was trying to convince me that it was OK just to buy 1 can or bum a dip from someone at work. I think the only things that kept me going today have been I posted roll early and have been in contact with other quitters. The cravings are gone now that I'm into my day and I'm pretty damn proud I did not cave. I know it's only going to get worse from there but as long as I'm ODAAT I'll make it.
Roll Jack Expert

My Intro | My HOF

BTW I Use Arch

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 06:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Morgan
Day 7

Damn, I made it a week, hard for me to believe that I got it done. There is so much going on with me it's a little overwhelming, seems like every good has a bad to go along with it. When I can fall asleep I sleep well however i'm having trouble falling asleep and waking up way too early.

I've got the weirdest feeling in my head, it's hard to explain. Everything seems to be very clear but there just seems to be a void in my head. Don't know any other way to explain.

For a good thing, I made a couple hour drive yesterday which was always a good opportunity to have a big fat dip. I was getting around this morning and realized that not only did I not have a dip on my drive but I did not even think about having one. Anyway 7's a big deal for me, I'm ready to move forward.
Keep moving forward, one moment at a time. Get some contact numbers because you never know what may trigger a moment of weakness. Wake, piss, post roll, repeat.

Offline Morgan

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 10:21:00 PM »
Day 7

Damn, I made it a week, hard for me to believe that I got it done. There is so much going on with me it's a little overwhelming, seems like every good has a bad to go along with it. When I can fall asleep I sleep well however i'm having trouble falling asleep and waking up way too early.

I've got the weirdest feeling in my head, it's hard to explain. Everything seems to be very clear but there just seems to be a void in my head. Don't know any other way to explain.

For a good thing, I made a couple hour drive yesterday which was always a good opportunity to have a big fat dip. I was getting around this morning and realized that not only did I not have a dip on my drive but I did not even think about having one. Anyway 7's a big deal for me, I'm ready to move forward.
Roll Jack Expert

My Intro | My HOF

BTW I Use Arch

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
Hey Morgan --

Way to go you POSTED ROLL today! That is where the rubber meets the road on this site.

Lots of people troll this site, post an intro but do not have the balls to actually commit and promise to be nicotine free for a day to themselves and their fellow BAQ'ers. You did that today so I applaud you! Keep doing it EVERYDAY -- that is how things work here.

Proud to quit with you today!

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Morgan
Hello, it's day 1 trying to beat a 30+ year habit. I've never really tried in the past but I'm just sick of this shit and don't want to do it anymore. It's been 22 hours and it has been tough so far but I'm determined to beat this.
Nice man and congratulations on 22 hours. That's fucking awesome.

What made you quit?

How have you done it so far?

How do you plan on doing it tomorrow?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline scottludwig

• Quitter
  • it’s good to be quit w the cult
  • Quit Date: November 2, 2016
  • Interests: I will not live the second half of my adult life with nicotine in my body
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:00 PM »
congratulations on your decision to quit. I made the same decision 429 days ago and it has changed my life. Head over to the 2018 April quit group and post roll. Do this every day , as soon as you wake up. Remember, every day . This isnÂ’t a habit, itÂ’s an addiction. I never thought I would be where I am today.

Edit: I saw youÂ’re posted, great job!!! Do it again tomorrow when you get up. Good to be quit w you

Offline nybowhunter21

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:58:00 PM »
Welcome. You got this brother! I'm new myself. Plenty of good people and help here.

Offline Morgan

• Quitter
Day 1 Intro
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:33:00 PM »
Hello, it's day 1 trying to beat a 30+ year habit. I've never really tried in the past but I'm just sick of this shit and don't want to do it anymore. It's been 22 hours and it has been tough so far but I'm determined to beat this.
Roll Jack Expert

My Intro | My HOF

BTW I Use Arch